Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: So how good can Kawhi Leonard become going forward?

Scottie Pippen.

You could say Pippen, yes, but he has more potential as a scorer and less as a playmaker I would say.

I imagine this kind of player is what Danny Ainge wanted when he traded for Jeff Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I imagine this kind of player is what Danny Ainge wanted when he traded for Jeff Green.
    That is the real tragedy of trading for Jeff Green: what you actually get from the deal is Jeff Green.

Banned

Better judge if he plays with other coaches than Pop.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    You could say Pippen, yes, but he has more potential as a scorer and less as a playmaker I would say.
    Right now he's really the closest thing to Pippen I've seen in years. He's Pippen-lite, already having a good offensive arsenal and great defensive fundamentals. As of now he can drive and finish with authority over anyone (gotta work with being able to finish layups with both hands though), shoot from anywhere on the floor, hit shots off the dribble, has a nice post game and can finish with the fadeaway or the jumphook (footwork still needs work). His playmaking is average but he makes good decisions with the ball in a pass-oriented offense. His ceiling is very high if he keeps putting in the work. Popovich says he has to pull the guy out of the gym so I see no reason why he won't get stronger and better in the coming years. With Ginobili and Duncan getting older I think Kawhi gets more touches next year and consistently becomes a borderline all-star player averaging 16-17ppg, 7-8 boards, 3-4 assists a game.

Local High School Star

better scorer than pip, not really a playmaker, cant really see him guard centers and pfs, best perimeter defender in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well for real14 the problem is not that he trolls, but that he does nothing but trolling. Even well-known trolls like MrJabbar and Euroleague at least have some value to ISH and some people actually like them, which is why they are allowed to stay. For real14 I cant say the same, this born-in-2000s kid really contributes absolutely no positive value to ISH.
    this niguh iz so damn salty that he said my name twice and iz retarded enuff to think I was born In tha 2000s get this "12-70" niguh outta here

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    better scorer than pip, not really a playmaker, cant really see him guard centers and pfs, best perimeter defender in the league
    Not yet but he can get there.

Great defender, I don't see him ever averaging more than something like 18/7 though. He had a great finals last year too and didn't 'break out' like people expected, only put up 12/6 during the regular season.

So basically a prime Igoudala is where I think he'll end up, maybe not quite the playmaker or ballhandler that Igoudala was but an even better defender. Growing up in Pop's system has helped him tremendously.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It depends on his role

I'd say 20/9/3 in 38 minutes per game seems about what he's capable of right now given more offensive sets

His PER 36 minutes in the playoffs this year were 16/8/2

Give him 2 more minutes a game and an increased role and those bump up to something like the above

Dude is a perfect player to have on any team.

This is why I really hope Duncan doesn't retire. He can take it even easier next season and just let Leonard/Splitter play more minutes to pick up the slack.

Also, the Spurs have some cap space to make some moves as well. Have to think bringing back Mills/Diaw is a priority...not sure how much that is going to cost.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It depends on his role

I'd say 20/9/3 in 38 minutes per game seems about what he's capable of right now given more offensive sets

His PER 36 minutes in the playoffs this year were 16/8/2

Give him 2 more minutes a game and an increased role and those bump up to something like the above

Dude is a perfect player to have on any team.

This is why I really hope Duncan doesn't retire. He can take it even easier next season and just let Leonard/Splitter play more minutes to pick up the slack.

Also, the Spurs have some cap space to make some moves as well. Have to think bringing back Mills/Diaw is a priority...not sure how much that is going to cost.
    Honestly, he puts 20ppg and it'll be on poor efficiency. You can say he has a reduced role right now, but no team sets up defensive schemes for him. Put him as the first option and he struggles when teams key in on him and his 3 point shooting goes cold. He can't create his own shot well enough or post up at the moment to be a real offensive threat. Sort of like PG.

Too much expectation, I don't see it ending the way people expect.

this guy is getting a little too overrated now

he is a good player but relax on the franchise player talk. he hasnt proven anything yet, and his fmvp could have gone to any of his other teammates

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I would like to see him play like he does in the Finals for an entire season first.

Still seems like a good #2. I don't see franchise player or even #1 option.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I would like to see him play like he does in the Finals for an entire season first.

Still seems like a good #2. I don't see franchise player or even #1 option.
    Depends how it is defined.. There are only two players currently who you could say could lead a team to a title.

Just hope pop let's him go more next season. Let him attack more and run more plays for him.