Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Team USA and the degradation of real basketball skills is an EMBARRASSMENT...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    They lost to Carlos Arroyo in a real game in 2004. This team lost an exhibition game on the road to one of the top teams.
    What difference does it make?

A loss is a loss. And I guarantee you the competition that that 2004 team was facing is better than this current competition.

You

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Team USA and the degradation of real basketball skills is an EMBARRASSMENT...

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]What difference does it make?

A loss is a loss. And I guarantee you the competition that that 2004 team was facing is better than this current competition.

You

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Losing a game that means something is different than one that means nothing. The competition is certainly better than 2004. The world keeps getting better.

I wouldn't be rooting for the USA to fail no matter who was on the team because I am American
    I

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I’m not rooting for them to fail.

I’m acknowledging reality about them. Yeah, that Team USA wasn’t taking anything remotely seriously at that point. And wasn’t building their rosters with the purpose for international play. They were thrown together at the last minute.

This situation is different. This team should be more serious and more prepared, yet still lost.

And no just because it’s ten years later doesn’t mean the international groups themselves are automatically better. Same goes for our squad. Do you know how dumb that sounds?
    They're as serious as they can be considering how many players have dropped out. They lost an exhibition game. The world is a lot better than it was 15 years ago. Puero Rico might not be but Australia certainly is. The 2004 team is certainly worse than this one as is the other one that got beat before that