Learning to shoot layups

Default Patty Mills embarrassing Pop and his USA team full of NBA players disproves...

The notion that it was all Pop that was the reason for he Spurs' success. Clearly, he had good/ATG players that contributed to the winning culture like Duncan, Robinson, Manu, Parker, etc. He had a top 20-25 player of all time in Robinson and then a top 5-10 player in Duncan + Manu, Parker, Kawhi, etc.

If Pop was the GOAT coach who could make decent players play a great brand of team ball enabling them to beat much more stacked rosters, then why is it the other way around with Patty Mills having less help and having to will his team to victory over a bunch of supposedly superior players?

Can we at least admit that Pop should have the coaching advantage by leaps and bounds if he's GOAT? And that team USA on paper is the best team in the tournament? What happened to Pop's GOAT ball movement and team-play? Not so easy without papa Duncan to bail him out, is it? If Pop doesn't at least win Bronze, I don't wanna hear any discussion about him being the main catalyst for the Spurs' five NBA titles.

Simple as that.

Default Re: Patty Mills embarrassing Pop and his USA team full of NBA players disproves...

Pop and Duncan are frauds. I've always maintained that they were carried by Patty Mills on and off the court.

Default Re: Patty Mills embarrassing Pop and his USA team full of NBA players disproves...

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Pop and Duncan are frauds. I've always maintained that they were carried by Patty Mills on and off the court.
    Literally. I heard Pop hasn't taken a step in private in years. Just piggy backing around everywhere.

For real though, you can't stamp your brand of basketball on a team of random players in 2 months. Pop had continuity with the Spurs, which is huge.

Also Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Kawhi > anyone on the current team USA.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You think a team plays spurs style ball after a couple weeks of camp?

I fcking love Patty Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You think a team plays spurs style ball after a couple weeks of camp?
    To be fair, that they couldn't get a group of guys who could play a style to consistently beat Australia is kind of sad.

Seems like times have changed, though. Pop like o well nothing lasts forever, Kemba like learning experience. Maybe cuz it was an exhibition game. if/when they lose for real, I imagine there will be more proper melting.

See, America, this is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass...

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

pattys mills would be quinn cook on any team in the nba but the spurs.

if anything pop invigorated his competitive spirit.

Couldn't buy a basket during the playoffs, now torching team USA.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

This is ban worthy

POP holds back patty if anything.I remember him killing us in 08 or 12 in the Olympics

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger
    The notion that it was all Pop that was the reason for he Spurs' success. Clearly, he had good/ATG players that contributed to the winning culture like Duncan, Robinson, Manu, Parker, etc. He had a top 20-25 player of all time in Robinson and then a top 5-10 player in Duncan + Manu, Parker, Kawhi, etc.

If Pop was the GOAT coach who could make decent players play a great brand of team ball enabling them to beat much more stacked rosters, then why is it the other way around with Patty Mills having less help and having to will his team to victory over a bunch of supposedly superior players?

Can we at least admit that Pop should have the coaching advantage by leaps and bounds if he's GOAT? And that team USA on paper is the best team in the tournament? What happened to Pop's GOAT ball movement and team-play? Not so easy without papa Duncan to bail him out, is it? If Pop doesn't at least win Bronze, I don't wanna hear any discussion about him being the main catalyst for the Spurs' five NBA titles.

Simple as that.
    I don't think anyone said it was just pop but he was definitely a huge part of it. Patty Mills scoring 30 points with the win in an exhibition against USA's summer c team dosnt prove anything. I also wouldn't be surprised if pop threw the game Chuck daily style just to get his players full attention. He made some post game comments that kinda suggested that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    This is ban worthy
    Yeah most of his posts are.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I don't think anyone said it was just pop but he was definitely a huge part of it. Patty Mills scoring 30 points with the win in an exhibition against USA's summer c team dosnt prove anything. I also wouldn't be surprised if pop threw the game Chuck daily style just to get his players full attention. He made some post game comments that kinda suggested that.
    well it was meaningless unless you are an Aussie or post on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Quinn cook is not bad tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    well it was meaningless unless you are an Aussie or post on ISH
    Or a Spurs fan