Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

As a Knicks fan, I am so sick of hearing the lottery is rigged. It's so moronic at this point. The highest pick the Knicks ever got since Ewing, if I'm right, was Gallinari last year when Knicks picked 6th. And yes, Knicks once again lost in lottery.

Can we stop already? Knicks executives are probably there simply because its freakin' convenient. It's right across the river!!!!!

Enough already. Wouldn't Knicks have Lebron if the draft was rigged?

Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Also 1 year isnt enough to tell if a guy is a Bust, we'll see who's right by this time in 3 years, if you're still around.
    I think we'll find out pretty quickly that Rubio can't keep an average starting point guard in front of him, and will be a horrible defensive liability. He might be a fancy passer, but his quickness and ability to get off his shot are open questions.

Trust me, it won't take more than a year to come to a conclusion about Rubio.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Though it seems a little far fetched, the lottery process has been weird enough the past few years it wouldn't shock me if something was up.

That said: if the Knicks get the first pick they selecting Blake like everyone else. They might trade him for Rubio and parts, but Griffin is clearly the highest value target by a wide margin.

And for those predicting that Rubio will be some Eurobust scrub: watch him play. The fact that people are comparing him to J.J. and Pistol Pete show me they know nothing about him: shooting is the weakest part of his game. He actually reminds me more of Gary Payton than anyone (minus the post game).
    Amazing instincts, Defense, court awareness, and ability to dictate tempo. And he is far from physical maturity.

I suspect he will struggle his first 2-3 years while his body fills out, and he figures out how to get his shot off against NBA caliber athletes, but he will be a excellent point in this league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I think we'll find out pretty quickly that Rubio can't keep an average starting point guard in front of him, and will be a horrible defensive liability. He might be a fancy passer, but his quickness and ability to get off his shot are open questions.
    You obviously know nothing because Ricky Rubio is one if not the best defender in Spain, he gets into the passing lanes with ease and keeps his man in front of him.

It will still take 3 years, 1 year to determine an opinion a player as being a Bust is not enough time.

Each team will give a player maybe 3 years or so to see how good they really are btw.

Was it rigged last year for the Knicks too?

And isn't the Lottery in NYC? Of course they are going to have more reps. Other teams aren't going to pay to FLY out 10 reps to NYC (not in this economy).

Another classic Interminator thread.
    Last edited by bdreason; 05-15-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    As long as they don't rig a trade where Houston sends T-Mac for Larry Hughes and Eddy Curry, I don't really care.
    C'mon man, that was a great idea. You should be thankful if we do that deal with you.

You're welcome.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

I don't think that is fair. Not only is he adjusting to a new style of play and different caliber of athlete, he is a good deal younger than most first year players in the NBA. With points, much like bigs, you need to give them a full 2-3 years before you can even start to call them a bust.

the knicks

NBA lottery pick

I agree. This guy, Interminator, only good at calling people assclowns, for stating their opinion. I think he is going to be a bust, that is my opinion. I could say Interminator is an assclown, for stating otherwise.

Like I said, it's too early too tell, but, in my opinion, I would be surprised if Rubio will even be as good as JJ Reddick, in terms of offensive ability.

I'm mainly talking to the people who think he will be the next Steve Nash.

Right now... Brooks > Rubio

Good High School Starter

I wish this were true.

However, all the knicks will be there because THE LOTTERY IS IN FREAKING NEW YORK.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    I don't think that is fair. Not only is he adjusting to a new style of play and different caliber of athlete, he is a good deal younger than most first year players in the NBA. With points, much like bigs, you need to give them a full 2-3 years before you can even start to call them a bust.
    I hear what you're saying, but you can't learn quickness. If you don't have it, you just don't have it. My suspicion, after watching him in the Olympics, is that he doesn't -- but time will tell.

Good High School Starter

Rubio is coming straight out of high school. You can't call him a bust after a year.

Kobe Bryant averaged 7 points his rookie season out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.
    I didn't even think about that. Now i'm kinda hoping you guys don't win it just so I won't have to deal with a truckload of conspiracy threads. We get enough of those in the OTC.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Though it seems a little far fetched, the lottery process has been weird enough the past few years it wouldn't shock me if something was up.

That said: if the Knicks get the first pick they selecting Blake like everyone else. They might trade him for Rubio and parts, but Griffin is clearly the highest value target by a wide margin.
    Griffin is the highest value right now but that margin will become slimmer after workouts, if he literally dominates everything & everyone during his workouts he will go #1 without any questions or trades suggested.

Chances are more favorable that the margin will be much slimmer or non existent by June 26th.

And for those predicting that Rubio will be some Eurobust scrub: watch him play. The fact that people are comparing him to J.J. and Pistol Pete show me they know nothing about him: shooting is the weakest part of his game. He actually reminds me more of Gary Payton than anyone (minus the post game).
    Amazing instincts, Defense, court awareness, and ability to dictate tempo. And he is far from physical maturity.
    Most claim shooting is the weakest part of his game due to his set shot but in the European Leagues the PG isn't designated to really shoot at all, most of the time the PG will run the offense and if a shot is open he may or may not take it.
    Jose Calderon was considered to be a poor shooter also due to him not taking many outside shots while in Europe, but that has been proven wrong in the NBA.

I suspect he will struggle his first 2-3 years while his body fills out, and he figures out how to get his shot off against NBA caliber athletes, but he will be a excellent point in this league.
    I don't think getting his shot off will be a problem in the NBA, he still is taller than most PG's and I doubt he will be the type of PG to pull up and shoot a contested jumper in someone's face like a lot of American PG's do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    I wish this were true.

However, all the knicks will be there because THE LOTTERY IS IN FREAKING NEW YORK.
    In New Jersey.

Fail.