Default Kobe, Duncan, Dirk

Will all 3 retire having played for one team?

I'm sure Duncan will but I could see Kobe or Dirk doing the chase a ring as a role player thing.

Thoughts?

NBA Legend

Default Re: Kobe, Duncan, Dirk

none of them are goin anywhere. theyre all ready to retire and from this point just collectin checks and doin the farewell tours. duncan obviously still has a chip to chase this year but i expect him to retire once its over. Kobe and dirk will play next year and prob call it quits after that.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 05-01-2015 at 10:36 AM.

I highly doubt Kobe and Dirk leave their teams to ring chase. They only have 2 years left at the most before they call it quits, it's just not worth it to ditch now. I'm sure Pierce would have stuck with the Celtics, regardless of their current situation, if he didn't get traded.

I think Dirk could play 3, maybe 4 more years fairly effectively.

Nah I think they're all retiring with their teams. Duncan's obviously set, and I think if Dirk was set on ring chasing he would have done it by now, everything he's done has been to give Dallas a better chance, if he just wanted a ring and not the one team legacy he would have left instead of signing so cheaply like he did.

Kobe I think at this stage of his career is fixated on the one team legacy too. I think he wants to try and go down as the greatest Laker of all time, and if he left at this late stage it might hurt his stock in that regard

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Nah I think they're all retiring with their teams. Duncan's obviously set, and I think if Dirk was set on ring chasing he would have done it by now, everything he's done has been to give Dallas a better chance, if he just wanted a ring and not the one team legacy he would have left instead of signing so cheaply like he did.

Kobe I think at this stage of his career is fixated on the one team legacy too. I think he wants to try and go down as the greatest Laker of all time, and if he left at this late stage it might hurt his stock in that regard
    He would have taken the full max the Rockets offered him last summer. Honestly, he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    He would have taken the full max the Rockets offered him last summer. Honestly, he should have.
    If he hadn't of won a ring? Yeah possible. But the fact he has one as 'the man' and brought the title to the city he's played in his entire career? I think the value in staying there instead of joining the current arch rival is worth it (plus the massive payday that awaits him post retirement with a cushy job in the company as a thank you haha)

If they didn't already have an agreement on how much Dirk would take with Dallas this year, I would be curious how much they'd offer him to try and get him to stay. Do you think Cuban would have offered to match if Dirk was interested in the money?

College superstar

Duncan and Dirk are loyal and will retire with their current team. Kobe would leave but no other team going to pay him 25+ million pre year like the lakers so hes will probably retire a laker.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Duncan and Dirk are loyal and will retire with their current team. Kobe would leave but no other team going to pay him 25+ million pre year like the lakers so hes will probably retire a laker.
    Yea the guy who's been with his Team longer than either guys you mentioned before him would leave. Kobe's been a Laker longer than you been alive, fucc boy.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Yea the guy who's been with his Team longer than either guys you mentioned before him would leave. Kobe's been a Laker longer than you been alive, fucc boy.
    This stan mad cause its the truth....

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

Ouch you straight up destroyed him, badly.

EXPOSED