Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: James Harden or Russell Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    And the Thurders won't sniff the title ever.
    BTW 40shots at 42% isn't too bad
    40 shots at 42% this nikkas averaging 40+ points and might **** around and pass Jabbar because of his durability

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
    prolly 16 on 43% chucking

Meh if you switched Harden and Westbrook, Westbrook would be shooting 40 shots a game at 42% imo. Harden is making everyone around him better and the Rockets are actually exciting to watch and relevant.
    By that logic guess I am taking Curry over Westbrook too, Warriors are finally playing exciting basketball and are more relevant than Rockets lol. They actually beat elite teams as well.

Meaningles regular season games are irrelevant, Westbrook is a proven playoff competitor that brings it every time. He can impact the game in different ways. even when he is in Westbrick mode, he makes plays on defense or breaks down a team to get people open shots. That game vs Dallas was a perfect example. Also lets not forget he has more assists, less turnovers than Harden while playing less minutes yet handling the ball less. Come playoff time, I am confident Westbrook will never give up, can't say the same about Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    By that logic guess I am taking Curry over Westbrook too, Warriors are finally playing exciting basketball and are more relevant than Rockets lol. They actually beat elite teams as well.

Meaningles regular season games are irrelevant, Westbrook is a proven playoff competitor that brings it every time. He can impact the game in different ways. even when he is in Westbrick mode, he makes plays on defense or breaks down a team to get people open shots. That game vs Dallas was a perfect example. Also lets not forget he has more assists, less turnovers than Harden while playing less minutes yet handling the ball less. Come playoff time, I am confident Westbrook will never give up, can't say the same about Harden.
    Yeah he did have a bad series, it happens LeBron had a bad finals appearance as well and came back the next year and won, well see.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Regarding playoffs: did you all watch them like popcorn movies?
    Spurs game plan westbrook, parker made him a fool and Harden stepped in and played big.

Heat game planed Harden (trap double him) James physical 1v1 durant, leave westbrook open, and WB went bananas but thunder lost.

yes harden's game suffers if u slow it down and double trap his pick and roll. But then you team have a temporary 4v3, its a team game.

To be honest, i think they are in perfect situation.

Harden is a better first option and russ is a better sec option.

Harden can playmake and scoring effectively and get a team better(thu he still have lots superstar iso dumb shot)

Westbrook good at putting pressure on other team make their defense break up and therefore his teammates can get mismatch and good llok, plus his defend and hustle better perfect for sec option. he is boneheaded and getting lost in his own mind sometimes thats why he cannot be a leader.

Imagine Presti put a different trigger:

Houston have everybody same +Kmart + westbrook
    This team be stink, westbrook go bananas avg 28pts while shoting 35%
    and no one can make a play its a nightmare.

OKC everyone + Harden +lin, they would be same as last year but obviouly much weaker. due to no space and no bench and no WB wrecking ball energy which durant feeds on.

Both team obviously much worse.

Harden is a better first option. WB is a better sec option.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

I agree with most of this, i'm torn but i'd most likely still take Westbrook cause Harden needs to prove to me he can consistently do what he does in the playoffs against every team and every defense. I love Harden's game far more than Westbrook's though. and also i RAGEEEEEEE whenever i see his shameless flopping

Yes did you?
    You didn't watch that series you believe Harden was the reason that we beat the Spurs.

If you traded for a PG that could set up KD and Kevin Martin they could be nice a lot of analysts think Westbrook take too many stupid shots when Durant is wide open but to each their own who knows, no one ever will cause Westbrook is staying.
    Now I know you don't even watch the games and just repeat the same bullshit you hear on TV.

Westbrook shoots more because he has to, btw he is also averaging like 9APG, WHAT THE **** ELSE DO YOU WANT? For him to be useless statpader like Rondo, getting 15 assists while Thunder get blown out? Being a passive pass first PG makes you predictable and not a threat. They put no pressure on defenses.

Westbrook always passes the ball if Durant/Martin are open, problem is Durant gets denied by physical defenders too often, so Westbrook has to chuck end of shotclock bricks, and Martin needs to be spoon fed, which Westbrook does. But Kmart is either incredibly hot or cold.

Just stop spreading your ignorance and same old bullshit about Westbrook.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    I agree with most of this, i'm torn but i'd most likely still take Westbrook cause Harden needs to prove to me he can consistently do what he does in the playoffs against every team and every defense. I love Harden's game far more than Westbrook's though. and also i RAGEEEEEEE whenever i see his shameless flopping
    You wouldn't be mad if he s on ur team. Thunder fans did not complain harden drew too many fouls last year.

The thing is his Beardozer move is a new invention in the league( as far as i know) I mean you drive and put ur arms up and purposely go thru other's arm and make them either stuck to hit you or make them really want to swipe the ball coz its rite there. He initiated, but there is nothing in the rule books says thats offensive foul. His feet and body did not charge in and invade you space. and clearly draw contact during shooting process.

plus his playmaking is just butifu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqmHjzdM4Q

Now I know you don't even watch the games and just repeat the same bullshit you hear on TV.

Westbrook shoots more because he has to, btw he is also averaging like 9APG, WHAT THE **** ELSE DO YOU WANT? For him to be useless statpader like Rondo, getting 15 assists while Thunder get blown out? Being a passive pass first PG makes you predictable and not a threat. They put no pressure on defenses.

Westbrook always passes the ball if Durant/Martin are open, problem is Durant gets denied by physical defenders too often, so Westbrook has to chuck end of shotclock bricks, and Martin needs to be spoon fed, which Westbrook does. But Kmart is either incredibly hot or cold.

This. Dudes dont watch enough Thunder games to know the real truth. Westbrook has to do everything, and it doesn't help when your two big men suck ass at finishing and drop more balls than 600 14 year old boys.

I do watch the games, in the playoffs teams were letting Westbrook get his and guarding everyone else. Harden was getting doubled hedged hard off every screen because they didn't want anyone else to get involved. They were letting Westbrook shoot as much as he wanted similar to what teams used to do to Kobe, let him get some confidence so he keeps lauching shot after shot, we all know after a while Westbrook will start taking some dumb ones.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

I do watch the games, in the playoffs teams were letting Westbrook get his and guarding everyone else. Harden was getting doubled hedged hard off every screen because they didn't want anyone else to get involved. They were letting Westbrook shoot as much as he wanted similar to what teams used to do to Kobe, let him get some confidence so he keeps lauching shot after shot, we all know after a while Westbrook will start taking some dumb ones.
    Watched one final game and pretend you followed Thunders all year

Westbrook makes same dumb mistakes at times, but the good outweighs the bad by a large margin. Russ ain't Nick Young lol. Wish OKC would trade Westbrook so some of you idiots can see how powerless Thunder is with a "pass first" PG, setting up the almighty offensive beasts like Perkins, Sefalosha, Ibaka while Durant gets constant double teams and nobody is scared of any slashing and defensive breakdowns. OKC won't get to the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Watched one final game and pretend you followed Thunders all year
    ok??