Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cuba

Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

I'd like to see the Suns with LeBron, provided he's the PG, and you just insert him into the current lineup. Let LeBron work from the top of the key, have the shooters on the wing and Amare in the paint, you'd never be able to send a double his way.

Myrrh

So if we agree that the Suns would give Nash for Lebron, but not vice versa, how can Nash be the MVP this year? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    So if we agree that the Suns would give Nash for Lebron, but not vice versa, how can Nash be the MVP this year? Just wondering...

bad logic..the suns/mavs wouldnt trade nash/dirk for eachother, but they are still equally deserving Mvp candidates

extenuating (spelling?) circumstances such as the system and role-players are what makes this a bad deal for cleveland..not that Nash is a lesser player than Lebron (which is arguable)

Saw a basketball once

What?? Who has agreed to this?? Who the hell are you talking to?? The Suns would give Nash for Lebron?? Just where would Lebron fit in this lineup? Among Marion, Stoudemire and Diaw? They don't need him...

Some of you honestly seem to believe the hype about Lebron James and have elevated him to Wilt Chamberlain levels without letting him actually fulfill his potential. Yes, he has a great start and will be a top player one day, but that day IS NOT today. Steve Nash is the best player in the NBA, and has been for YEARS now, stop joking around, please! I know Lebron looks really cool in his latest shoe commercial, but let's please keep track of reality here. The Suns had a 33 game win improvement in Nash's FIRST YEAR with them, and EVERY key player's numbers have gone up with him there. This is not a flashy, young, high scorer, like Lebron James, this is a TWO-TIME MVP, who is capable of transforming an entire team. Maybe Lebron can be that one day too, time will tell. But for now, he's just the best player on the Cavs, and one of the elite in the East. He is certainly NOT a two-time MVP leading the best team in the league to two 15+ winning streaks in one season!? Lebron's time is coming, but Nash's time is now.

Quote Originally Posted by and1
    hm, do you think nash would have any non running team an impact ? i think he'd be good, but the suns style really favors nash greatly
    I like Nash, terrific player.. but i've been saying.. Imagine him on a team like, let's say, the NJ nets. People have talked about that hypothetically and said that they'd be better, but i strongly disagree. First off, the team is nowhere near being as athletic and fast as the Suns, they don't have any really great shooters, and they depend on their defense more than their offense. So no, Nash wouldn't fit everywhere..

But J-Kidd on the other hand, he can play fast paced, slow paced, defensive, offensive, whatever is needed and wherever.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

No NO No. After this season I think Suns would. Amare and LeBron would be sick but Cavs laugh.

Banned

hell no. no for phoenix because it's got a shot to win a title with it's current lineup, and nash is the key.
    and with that, the Nash hype has officially gotten out of hand.

oh my freaking god.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Lebron for Nash.... there's no possible way that the trade would make sense for either team.. that's all i need to say really.

Banned

Lebron for Nash.... there's no possible way that the trade would make sense for either team..
    OH MY GOD

OH MY ****ING GOD

I want to kill ALL OF YOU.

but alas I cannot.

****!

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

When did Nash become Oscar Robertson? I must have missed that somewhere along the way.

There are those that think the Suns would no longer be a title contender with LeBron James on an already stacked team?

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    and with that, the Nash hype has officially gotten out of hand.

oh my freaking god.
    a guy with a gilbert arenas avatar talking about undeserved hype ?

maybe you should enlighten us your majesty, why would the suns gett better with lehype instead of the mvp at the helm ?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Here's a question for you: if your team had the rights to Greg Oden right now, would they be willing to trade those rights for Tim Duncan?

Greg Oden = 2007 NBA MVP

Oh, and LOL at GeeWiz. I can imagine you watching Suns/Wizards last week...after every Nash bucket or assist, saying "LeBron would be doing this even better"... :)

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
    Here's a question for you: if your team had the rights to Greg Oden right now, would they be willing to trade those rights for Tim Duncan?

Greg Oden = 2007 NBA MVP

Oh, and LOL at GeeWiz. I can imagine you watching Suns/Wizards last week...after every Nash bucket or assist, saying "LeBron would be doing this even better"... :)
    Greg Oden is no LeBron James and Tim Duncan is vastly superior to Nash.

Bad analogy.

Banned

When did Nash become Oscar Robertson? I must have missed that somewhere along the way.
    **** I wouldn't even trade Bron for Oscar, ESPECIALLY if Oscar was 30 years old.

this is unbelievable.

a guy with a gilbert arenas avatar talking about undeserved hype ?
    excuse me who told you you could talk?

maybe you should enlighten us your majesty, why would the suns gett better with lehype instead of the mvp at the helm ?
    because Lebron is much better player than Nash. that ain't enough? let me break it down:

if you take Nash out of the equation everything about the suns changes. you can no longer base your offense around one guy zipping around the court firing pinpoint passes to shooters and dunkers. you can no longer, really, have a fastpaced PG intensive team.

Mike Dantoni is not a moron. he's smarter than you. he knows that if you take Nash out of the equation and replace him with the REAL MVP, who is a high post player, that the offensive scheme of the Suns will change. they'll still run of course. but in the halfcourt their offense will be based on getting Bron the ball in the high post.

HISTORICALLY, teams that base their offenses 15 feet away from the basket are more successful than teams that base their offense in the hands of a point guard. because PGs have to work harder for their points and the teammates have to work harder to get open.

what the Suns would do is this:

PG Barbosa
    SG Bell
    SF Bron
    PF Marion
    C Stoudemire

this team would feature Bron in a distributive role. Barbosa has handles so he can bring the ball up but it's immediately given to Bron, who is nearly as good at scoring as Nash and will look to hit one of the three point shooters or get the ball in scoring position to Marion and Stoudemire, just like Nash does. only it will be in a more controlled halfcourt setting and you'd have the added benefit of Bron's unstoppable scoring ability.

now that we've proven that the Suns would be a better team, ESPECIALLY as far as the playoffs are concerned, with Bron over Nash, let's explore the other reason Suns rape this trade:

Steve Nash is old. he doesn't have a ton of time left. once Nash gets old the Suns are finished especially since they passed up Marcus Willliams in the draft. Bron is what 22? the Suns don't lose any passing ability, they gain top 3 scoring ability and a high post option who puts more individual pressure on the defense, and he's 8 or so years younger.

oh yeah. and want Bron to take on a pure scorer's role? put in Diaw.

Barbosa
    Bron
    Diaw
    Marion
    Stoudemire

whose stopping that team? more importantly, whose stopping that team in the PLAYOFFS?

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

if the suns dont run the suns cant play, simple as that, they have a bunch of 3pt shooters who dont know how to play half court, amare can dunk courtesy of pick and roll dunks off passes by nash and thats it, there are many players who are better than nash, none of them can lead the suns the way nash does, you are still all puss.y hurt because of the mauling nash put on your pathetic wizards the other day ? ha.