Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default What would be more embarrassing? First round exit for GSW, or Houston?

Continued discussion from the other thread

Let's say 8th seed is OKC, and Golden State loses to them
    And Houston is 4th seed, Clippers are 5th. Houston loses

This is assuming both teams are healthy

Which is a bigger upset, or are they equal footing?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: What would be more embarrassing? First round exit for GSW, or Houston?

Hawks first round exit

Default Re: What would be more embarrassing? First round exit for GSW, or Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Hawks first round exit
    end thread

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    end thread
    I do like that Real is an anti-hawks dude Looking forward to rooting for Cleveland with Real14 in the ECF

As I said before the season...

Houston's floor is a first round exit.

Their ceiling is a WCF.

I'm fine with anything in between, especially considering the amount of injuries and roster turnover Houston has had all season.

Try as hard as you may, but no real Rockets fan would be embarrassed with a first round exit knowing we have a ton of cap space for the next two seasons.

We're on the up and up, first round exit or not.

Houston and it's not even remotely close.

OKC could potentially have 2 Lebron-level players on the team if Goatbrook continues his level, and KD returns to MVP form. No team in the league could match that firepower, not even Cleveland.

Clippers have no one, sorry CP and Blake, to overwhelm Houston. They're elite players but they cannot singlehandedly win a series, and MVP Harden should clearly be the best player in the series. And that Rockets cast + a healthy Dwight has no real reason to lose.

Equal footing.

Wouldn't be surprised if a the bottom 4 seeds in the West beat the top 4 seeds in the West. The West is that good top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Equal footing.

Wouldn't be surprised if a the bottom 4 seeds in the West beat the top 4 seeds in the West. The West is that good top to bottom.
    I just looked at the matchups and it's definitely possible. I thought at first there's no way Memphis loses first round until I saw they'd be matched with the Spurs. Dallas are pretenders, but so are the Blazers, especially without Matthews.

another crazy possibility in the east is PG coming back and the Pacers beating the Hawks first round.

Really depends on the matchups.

I don't think GS losing to a healthy Thunder squad would necessarily be embarrassing, it would definitely sting though.

Banned

I'd say Houston.

Their fate lies with Harden, if they lose it's because he choked, which would validate the perception of him as someone who can't get it done when it matters. This all after an MVP-level season too.

Golden State losing to OKC wouldn't be a huge surprise (assuming OKC is fully healthy when the postseason rolls around). Durant and Westbrook when healthy are top-5 caliber players, them overwhelming Golden State is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    I'd say Houston.

Their fate lies with Harden, if they lose it's because he choked, which would validate the perception of him as someone who can't get it done when it matters. This all after an MVP-level season too.

Golden State losing to OKC wouldn't be a huge surprise (assuming OKC is fully healthy when the postseason rolls around). Durant and Westbrook when healthy are top-5 caliber players, them overwhelming Golden State is definitely within the realm of possibility.
    What if Harden plays well, but they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    What if Harden plays well, but they lose?
    I think it'd validate any claim Harden has to the MVP. Compared to the other Western Conference playoff teams that Houston team isn't that impressive (given Dwight has been in and out). Harden's been keeping that team in contention

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Houston and it's not even remotely close.

OKC could potentially have 2 Lebron-level players on the team if Goatbrook continues his level, and KD returns to MVP form. No team in the league could match that firepower, not even Cleveland.

Clippers have no one, sorry CP and Blake, to overwhelm Houston. They're elite players but they cannot singlehandedly win a series, and MVP Harden should clearly be the best player in the series. And that Rockets cast + a healthy Dwight has no real reason to lose.
    You really overuse the "it's not even remotely close" phrase. Just throw it out there like it's nothing.

First of all, yeah OKC does have 2 great players in Westbrook and Durant. The guys around them are also very solid players, which translates them being a very good team. The Warriors on the other hand are the 1st seed for a reason. The conference that they are playing in is historically one of the toughest EVER. Curry and Klay are both stars. The team is #1 in offense AND defense. Bogut is one of the best defensive centers. Green can do a little bit of everything and could potentially win the DPOY. Iggy is another great defender. Lee is an offensive weapon... the list goes on. The Warriors are stacked from top to bottom.

So tell me, why is Houston losing to Clippers worse than Warriors losing to the OKC Thunder? You're underrating the Warriors here. You really are.

You f*cking with me cuz? Clippers would be favored in that match-up. Catch up.

NBA lottery pick

No shame in losing to OKC. They have the best roster in the west