Default I've lost count of the issues Trump has flip-flopped on

A few months ago Trump was going to:

1. Build a wall
    2. Ban all Muslims
    3. Was not going to raise taxes/Minimum wage

And now:

1. Now no wall is going to be built. More like a metaphorical wall.
    2. Now it's non-U.S. citizens from Terrorist countries. Ooook.
    3. Now he wants to tax the rich more and raise the minimum wage.

Default Re: I've lost count of the issues Trump has flip-flopped on

I thought when candidates change their minds, its called being 'progressive'...

Or is that only Democrats?

Maybe he's listening to the voters? Crazy thought, I know, but just maybe...

Why would this surprise you? The guy has often contradicted himself multiple times in a single debate.

I also don't care about any of the things above. A wall is obviously not the only possible solution; banning those from countries like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq, filled with people hostile to America, make far more sense than just banning all muslims (something completely unenforceable anyway). Taxes may well need to be raised because this country is an economic disaster area. Revenue has to come from somewhere. Taxes need to be combined with a vast gutting of Washington DC, and the insane number of agencies that fit under Presidential patronage (and which make the President's power close to absolute). FDR, LBJ, Bush Jnr and now Obama have, combined, turned the Presidential office into a kind of Caesarism.

Trump is still far and away preferable to the evil rat-Bitch from hell who is on the other ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I thought when candidates change their minds, its called being 'progressive'...

Or is that only Democrats?

Maybe he's listening to the voters? Crazy thought, I know, but just maybe...

The voters from the other side of the aisle. To which when they realize that he has Progressive policies like Hillbitch does, they'll just vote for her instead.

He was elected as the Republican candidate based on his previous positions. To change it now before the election is downright criminal.

this was always his plan to move alittle towards the middle once he had the republican nomination.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

You know, I'd be all for a Pres that was somewhat 'anti-PC' and said the things that most politicians are scared to touch. But not Trump, he just flat out doesn't know what he is doing, he's completely unfit to lead this country.

This country needs a version of Trump that is realistic and highly intelligent, a version of Trump that is above reality shows and Comedy Central Roasts. The actual Trump is a complete clown, and it sucks that he is the face of an anti-PC movement that could benefit society if led the correct way. He is doing more damage than good to his own causes.

NBA Legend

Listen, nobody thinks Trump is some profound political thinker. The whole issue is that there are some common sense policies that should be implemented in America, which dont take a genius to come up with - but require someone with some temerity to put in place. We arent getting these policies because every other politician is bought off by lobbies. If Trump isnt, then quite frankly that's a pretty damn good start.

Will he actually deliver? I dunno. He's an unpredictable guy. I dunno what to expect. It's really just about taking a chance on a possibility as opposed to known negative entities.

OP what is your source that he has flip-flopped on the wall?

Banned

Chewing back on his SJW tip.

How does it feel to know this is the man you will give up your E-life for?

How does it feel, chico? (No homo)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete
    The voters from the other side of the aisle. To which when they realize that he has Progressive policies like Hillbitch does, they'll just vote for her instead.

He was elected as the Republican candidate based on his previous positions. To change it now before the election is downright criminal.
    I have no problem with either his current positions or former positions.

So... now what?

Also, I guess he's not allowed to listen to the voters from the other side of the aisle? Is that how this works? Help me out here, you seem to know all the answers.

Saw a basketball once

The problem is we have no idea what kind of president he will even be. There's a good chance he runs an administration even more the Hillary's.

Banned

Great news, carnale! Team Cruz is now Team Drumpf.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/us...cruz.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/27/politi...aide-ted-cruz/

And anyone backing Bush should be happy seeing as how JEB!'s campaign finance director is now the Donald's campaign finance director.

All part of the same (anti establishment) family now.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I have no problem with either his current positions or former positions.

So... now what?

Also, I guess he's not allowed to listen to the voters from the other side of the aisle? Is that how this works? Help me out here, you seem to know all the answers.

If you listen to voters from the other side of the aisle, then you're not a Conservative Republican. He ran on a Conservative/Republican platform, remember? He keeps bragging about how many new voters he's bringing over, but now he's placating to those Left of Center. What gives??

A Republican Conservative is supposed to run on ideas that his voter base agrees with. Last time I checked, Liberals and Conservatives couldn't be further apart on many different issues.

If you listen to voters from the other side of the aisle, then you're not a Conservative Republican. He ran on a Conservative/Republican platform, remember? He keeps bragging about how many new voters he's bringing over, but now he's placating to those Left of Center. What gives??

A Republican Conservative is supposed to run on ideas that his voter base agrees with. Last time I checked, Liberals and Conservatives couldn't be further apart on many different issues.
    WTF? Says who?

I vote Republican but I don't agree with everything the Republican party pushes for...

A few short months ago we were talking about how the parties need to work together, now you are saying that listening to the majority of the country means you aren't a Republican?

I'd be cool with a wall. I'd be cool without one too. Does that make 'not a Republican'?

I smoke weed, and am cool with gay marriage, and am cool with abortion. So I can't be a Republican in your eyes?

A few months ago Trump was going to:

1. Build a wall
    2. Ban all Muslims
    3. Was not going to raise taxes/Minimum wage

And now:

1. Now no wall is going to be built. More like a metaphorical wall.
    2. Now it's non-U.S. citizens from Terrorist countries. Ooook.
    3. Now he wants to tax the rich more and raise the minimum wage.

Actually, you've just misinterpreted his stances. Not really your fault as the media has went out of its way to take all of his statements out of context.

There was never a "ban all Muslims" policy in the first place. The media only plays the "complete shut down of Muslims..." quote, but listen to what he says before and after that one line. This was in the context of a temporary immigration pause until vetting practices are in place and when certain foreign policy matters are taken care of. Go watch the video or actually look at the policy paper on his website that has been there the entire time.

He never said he was raising taxes on the rich. He said he's lowering taxes across the board and the only people who's taxes might go up are people who use certain loopholes like carried interest that pay almost nothing.

Right now, the top tax rate is 39%. He initially proposed a top tax rate of I think 25%. He has since said that his initial proposal of 25% might need to be increased but it will still be cut lower than the current 39%. He's not "raising taxes".