Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Shaq sucks as an on-air personality

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Exactly...he just doesn't fit with this show. Get his own show or something, cause it's not working here. He can't laugh at himself, constantly uncomfortable when another player is compared to him (specifically Dwight), Spiteful jokes, and doesn't analyze the game....just hates on players he don't like, and bias towards players he do like.

Sorry, Inside the Nba is just not for him. Much better off with Webb.
    yeah, i like webber and mchale way more. they are funnier. they are also not jealous and spiteful like shaq is for god knows what reason (shaq, u r one of the best all time . . . why do you have to pick fights with guys like dwight and bosh???). good point about shaq not being able to make fun of himself. barkley definitely has a big ego too and suffers a bit from that "it's me time!" disease where he stops everyone else to make a barkley speech. the difference is that usually his speeches at least have some value (or at least more value than shaq's), and he's way better at making fun of himself and interacting with the other guys on the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    eh, i'm just not digging it. nothing he says is insightful or interesting. it's always another stupid chris bosh joke or him talking about how wonderful everyone on boston was last year. he has a huuuuuggggggeeeeee ego too, so it's going to be hard for him to blend with the other guys.
    But you knew this going into it. We saw him for like 20 years as a player.

Thats my point.

People are just over-analyzing everything he says/does because hes so popular of a person on a regular TV show. When I saw that TNT had signed him, I knew immediately he'd be sitting up there being a clown for the camera and doing what he always did whenever he saw cameras around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Exactly...he just doesn't fit with this show. Get his own show or something, cause it's not working here. He can't laugh at himself, constantly uncomfortable when another player is compared to him (specifically Dwight), Spiteful jokes, and doesn't analyze the game....just hates on players he don't like, and bias towards players he do like.

Sorry, Inside the Nba is just not for him. Much better off with Webb.
    You're kidding, right?

Webber has 0 chemistry with Kenny or Chuck.

When he was doing Inside the NBA last year it was cringeworthy because he tries so hard to make an informative point while Chuck/Kenny are clowing around. He sometimes talks way too fast when trying to get his point out like he spent a few hours memorizing it. Then once hes finished Chuck/Kenny get back to clowning around without giving it any thought.

Webber is perfect for NBATV with Kamla & Greg Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    yeah, i like webber and mchale way more. they are funnier. they are also not jealous and spiteful like shaq is for god knows what reason (shaq, u r one of the best all time . . . why do you have to pick fights with guys like dwight and bosh???). good point about shaq not being able to make fun of himself. barkley definitely has a big ego too and suffers a bit from that "it's me time!" disease where he stops everyone else to make a barkley speech. the difference is that usually his speeches at least have some value (or at least more value than shaq's), and he's way better at making fun of himself and interacting with the other guys on the crew.
    Thats because Chuck is an ignorant, blowhard.
    He says dumb/ignorant things to get your attention when he starts speaking and thats what hes most known for. Thats where his appeal comes from.

You either like it or hate it.

I actually would've much rather seen Bill Walton join TNT simply for his out of the norm insight to go counter Kenny/Chuck's clowning around.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

TNT needs a a straight man. And I don't mean Ernie (GREAT as I think he is), I mean an analyst. Clark Kellogg'd be perfect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    You're kidding, right?

Webber has 0 chemistry with Kenny or Chuck.

When he was doing Inside the NBA last year it was cringeworthy because he tries so hard to make an informative point while Chuck/Kenny are clowing around. He sometimes talks way too fast when trying to get his point out like he spent a few hours memorizing it. Then once hes finished Chuck/Kenny get back to clowning around without giving it any thought.

Webber is perfect for NBATV with Kamla & Greg Anthony.
    What?

Webb brings the representation of the next generation to the show, and it worked well. It excellently contrasts the "old-wisemen" style of Kenny and Chuck when Webb comes as the hip, younger legend that can laugh at himself, and make good jokes as well. And that was what made him so good, that he WAS the informative analyst that actually had great points, and he'd bring out the best of Chuck and Kenny, actually having to EXPLAIN themselves than just talk that jive.

He was a hell of a lot better than Shaq, but I will agree that he is excellent on NBA TV. Although I prefer the Webb Smitty combo over the Anthony one.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Webber, and ESPECIALLY Payton, sucked as in studio guys. Webber's a stellar sideline guy though, he should absolutely be some network's #1 guy there.

College superstar

YAK YAK!

Wait...what? Why are you talking about Yaks when someone makes a basket?

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I don't like Shaq on TNT too.. he's making it like a retarded show with grown men..

Bring GP in.. that's it.

Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Javale McGee!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak,Yak Yak, Yak Yak, Javale McGee!!!!!
    looool, that's what's up.

Yeah they are paying Shaq to be there and be Shaq. I bet most of the people who say Shaq sucks on air didn't like him when he was in the league, either. Or they did but were like "Shaq is dumb!"

Kenny is insecure and Charles is just drunk all of the time. I think the main reason the show is so wack is because the NBA product is so wack this year. If there was something to talk about, they would be talking about it. Name a worthwhile NBA storyline? Dwight's trade request? CP in LA?

I think GP and Shaq would work well together. It's funny, to anyone who understands body language, to watch Kenny get all punked out now, though. That alone is worth watching.

also lol at "Give Shaq his own show." After Inside the NBA it's... Shaq Live!

What about Shaq as a sideline reporter? That would be funny. Shaq is actually a funny guy, even though I feel that he has some level of brain damage compared to ten years ago. But there needs to be something to be funny about. That's why Charles is entertaining to people because he's so stupid and just talks out of his ass all of the time. The whole show revolved around him, really, he'd say something stupid or provocative and everyone else would run with it.

Edit: Also lol LSU got shitted on. He's gonna hear about that.

-Smak

he'll get better.

There's no overanalyzing. Shaq sucks. It's nothing to question. He's awful. He adds nothing good and with each segment he seems a bigger piece of shit than before.

And big ole LOL at Barkley being a blowhard. Maybe if he thought we'd be better this year you'd say less. Barkley does his job on the show. Even when he's random he does his job, and on top of that he does it very well. Yes, he's drunk and Kenny Smith is insecure. That's what it is.

Shaq, despite everyone else saying otherwise, will not be successful in his post-NBA career. However, his name will continue to be and we'll pass it off as him doing something.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-10-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Shaq as a TV personality = the Michael Jordan of GM's...

FAIL...