Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: All this Anthony Davis talk yet very few mention DeMarcus Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    great, you just named 4 guys and then had to resort to Pekovic, since he "has some moves"...

do you realize how pathetic this is compared to previous eras?

(btw, i don't count Love - half his shot attempts are threes - he's a like a 6'10", fat 3-and-D player... if you want to count him, fine, but that's still only 6 guys total).
    Are you ****ing serious. Did you just call Kevin Love an anything-and-D player? D should never be anywhere near his name.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

great, you just named 4 guys and then had to resort to Pekovic, since he "has some moves"...

(btw, i don't count Love - half his shot attempts are threes - he's a like a 6'10", fat 3-and-D player... if you want to count him, fine, but that's still only 6 guys total).
    Loves post game is among the best I've ever seen.
    But nah there's more guys, Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jefferson & Love like he said but also Brook Lopez, David West, Garnett is old now but still very recent greatness, Duncan, Z Bo, both Gasol brothers, Cousins himself, and yeah, don't underestimate Pekovic offense, his post game is elite by any standard. Too bad about his ankles which are glass, like a Thurmond / Reed / Walton level of always-injured... because when he can play his offense is an awesome stroke of power.

That is more than a baker's dozen of players right there that would give any era a run in terms of that area of post offense.
    I grew up watching Wilt & those guys, Kareem and Lanier and all through there... to me today's level of play in the paint is very high indeed.

Of course a lot of it you could say is the girlie rules of defense and there's no denying stern has wrecked the game utterly in that regard. But the pure skills of down on the block guys is stratosphere good today!!

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Loves post game is among the best I've ever seen.
    But nah there's more guys, Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jefferson & Love like he said but also Brook Lopez, David West, Garnett is old now but still very recent greatness, Duncan, Z Bo, both Gasol brothers, Cousins himself, and yeah, don't underestimate Pekovic offense, his post game is elite by any standard. Too bad about his ankles which are glass, like a Thurmond / Reed / Walton level of always-injured... because when he can play his offense is an awesome stroke of power.

That is more than a baker's dozen of players right there that would give any era a run in terms of that area of post offense.
    I grew up watching Wilt & those guys, Kareem and Lanier and all through there... to me today's level of play in the paint is very high indeed.

Of course a lot of it you could say is the girlie rules of defense and there's no denying stern has wrecked the game utterly in that regard. But the pure skills of down on the block guys is stratosphere good today!!
    those names good too.............
    u grew up watching wilt u trollin?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    those names good too.............
    u grew up watching wilt u trollin?
    no man I remember the legends all right. Old gray haired fool nowadays lol but I do love ball
    I remember hoops from those high school days better than later years. Like '80s what I recall is sharp only around the Lakers & Celtics due to busy life y'know? Sixers of course.
    But the early days was crazy amounts of fun, car full of girls in the back seat, windows down and radio blasting.... Jerry West was the biggest star prolly, and Willis Reed was huge in the cities. I was Knicks fan and to this day Clyde is my favorite player.

Demarcus would shit on the league in the 90s except maybe Shaq, Hakeem and a couple others. No joke. He's completely restrained by today's rules, if he was allowed to play real bully ball it would be game over.

He gets talked about more these days, but I really am the only poster who does talk about him. Outside of myself and a few of the Kings fans on this board, Boogie never is really talked about. It just seems like a lot because I post 2-3 threads a day in relation to him.

1. Lots of people are talking about Cousins.

2. Davis is a better player than Cousins. Team record is about as valuable here as comparing Kobe and LeBron in 2007. One has had a healthy team that's more cohesive, and one has a couple of guards (and Tyreke) who struggle to get him the ball in good position, and Tyreke doesn't understand what a fast break pass is. One is anchoring a defense as effectively as we've seen in a long time, the other one is a good defensive player, but not on the same level. The more "skilled" one is averaging less points on a worse percentage. Talk all you want about Davis not being as skilled, but he's got a solid jumper and is very good off the dribble and posting up with that jumper. Does he have better footwork yet? No, but footwork isn't the only "skill" a big man is supposed to have, and for some reason a certain group of posters like to obsess over these types of things over production.

3. Like already mentioned, Davis is both younger, and in an earlier stage of his career in terms of years played. That shows that he has more potential, especially when he's outplaying the guy who's 3 years older. Davis also has much better size, which also gives him an advantage physically. Players fill out all the time, none of them grow taller and get longer arms.

4. Davis is putting up special stats. Regardless of your view on how reflective stats are of games, you can't ignore the fact that one of these players is putting up numbers that haven't been done in over 2 decades. Even when he comes back to earth, he's likely to have the best statline for a big man in the last 15-20 years. That's special in and of its own right.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    He outplays AD because he has like 100 pounds on him, he's way stronger
    Nah man he's more skilled on offense and he makes players around him better due to the fact you have to foul/double team and he's got way better play making ability. Cousins skills >>> his size. Teams this year have been playing zone against the Kings to take the ball away from Cousins which makes players like Mclemore/Collison/Gay/Casspi all better cause now they got tons of room to operate in.

It's hilarious when the Pelicans beat the Kings every headline was how Davis outplayed (which he didn't) Cousins yet when it's the other way around not a god damn peep.

AD has his entire career struggled against Jason Thompson even in the game where he dropped 28 (90% which were on spoon feeds) JT was out of the game, dude shut's down Davis everytime he's on him.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-26-2014 at 08:30 AM.