Default Blazers may need new backup PG

The Blazers should have two open roster spots when free agency starts on July 1 as both their reserve point guards will apparently not be under contract then. Mo Williams has said he will opt out of the second year of the deal he signed last summer, and Earl Watson's one-year deal will expire.

That leaves a glaring hole on the bench, with no player with any experience playing point guard to back up All-Star Damian Lillard. Eventually, CJ McCollum could develop into that role, but with the Blazers in a win-now mode, an experienced backup point guard seems a pressing need.

-- Oregonian

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Blazers may need new backup PG

Thanks for the update

Has anyone heard who they may be rumored to be looking at for PG?

Wish they could have retained Patty Mills as it looks like he is really starting to develop as a good player.

Also curious at who they will be looking at for bench depth next year too.

Kind of sad to hear Mo Williams will be leaving. I liked him off of the bench.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksblazer
    Thanks for the update

Has anyone heard who they may be rumored to be looking at for PG?

Wish they could have retained Patty Mills as it looks like he is really starting to develop as a good player.

Also curious at who they will be looking at for bench depth next year too.

Kind of sad to hear Mo Williams will be leaving. I liked him off of the bench.
    Mo said he wants to stay with the Blazers, but wants a longer contract, so he easily could stay. Barton has been working on PG skills this summer and McCollum could also play a few minutes at the point, but I wouldn't want to rely on those 2 if Mo leaves. Haven't heard rumors of other pgs we may be after. I'm thinking Mo is the priority.

Banned