Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: 80's Lakers vs. 90's Bulls

You are seriously out of your mind. I've had enough of your nonsense. Have fun in fantasy land.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Its also funny how everyone acts like the lakers beat a bunch of all-time teams to get their five championships. They act like they beat a sixers team with moses malone. When the fact is that after dr j, the talent droped significantly. I see no difference between those sixers and the jazz with 2 hofers. Or the blazers in 92. They beat an injury plagued celtics team and were about to loose to the pistons in 88. I would've loved to see them play the 86 celtics, but they lost to a 40 and 42 Rockets team. In fact, the one time that they played an all-time great team was when they got swept by the sixers in 83.
    The '85 Celtics, '87 Celtics, & '88 Pistons were better than any team the Bulls faced in the Finals.

And the Rockets were not 40-42 in '86, that was '81.

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Pippen in his prime would certainly limit alot of Magic's effectiveness. Jordan in his prime could take a few successful turns at guarding him.
    Rodman would drastically limit Worthy. Worthy might average 10-15 a game but it would take alot of shots to get there.
    Depending on the Kareem we are talking about. If it were the early 80s Kareem no one would be able to stop him. The only way to be able to keep the ball out his hands would 1)harrass Magic into enough turnovers to where he cant feed Kareem the ball 2) collapse onto kareem as quick as possible and strip the ball and hope he doesnt have enough time to pass it to a cutting worthy or a wide open cooper 3) play perfect 2-3 zone defense

On the lakers + side:
    Magic= greatest PG to ever play. Pippen may limit his effectiveness but not through a 7 game series. Magic would figure out how to best help his team.
    Kareem: again no one could stop him on the bulls. No one would be tall enough or really physical enough to bother him other than rodman

In the end, both teams were well coached and each one would have good matchups and bad matchups. My take: Bulls in 6 games w/ homecourt advantage or Bulls in 7 w/ the lakers having HCA