Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson?

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    I think you're just trying to be optimistic. A couple months ago you were against this trade and for now I am as well. I hope Zach proves me wrong but right now I'm pissed because I think we pulled the trigger too soon.
    That's because we had to give up something ridiculous in return. I can't remember what it was at the moment, but it wasn't good. What do we give up here? QRich, who we got after trading Darko. So we basically got rid of Darko to make room for Thabeet and then get a 20/10 player to boot. Not bad.

I would have much rather had Lee, 100%, but then again, we all know how Heisley thinks.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    That's because we had to give up something ridiculous in return. I can't remember what it was at the moment, but it wasn't good. What do we give up here? QRich, who we got after trading Darko. So we basically got rid of Darko to make room for Thabeet and then get a 20/10 player to boot. Not bad.

I would have much rather had Lee, 100%, but then again, we all know how Heisley thinks.
    We were in the running for Millsap though. We were one of the teams that could offer him the most money. I'd much rather have him. Hopefully Wallace uses the rest of the cap space to sign a backup point guard and a three point shooter.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    We were in the running for Millsap though. We were one of the teams that could offer him the most money. I'd much rather have him. Hopefully Wallace uses the rest of the cap space to sign a backup point guard and a three point shooter.
    I didn't realise we were still in the running for Millsap, I thought OKC were going to offer him an absurd amount of money. That's why Lee became the target. Well, non of it matters now, we're stuck with Z-Bo.

A backup PG and a 3 point shooter and we'll have a solid bench.

clippers are thinking addition by subtraction. no more zbo!

Banned

Good trade for both teams. Better for the Clippers though if you ask me. This now gives room for Blake Griffin to develop his game. He'll also have more playing time and freedom, unless Mike Dunleavy changes his mind for no reason. Grizzlies now get a power forward, something they've needed for a while. Hakim Warrick isn't going to cut it, Randolph is a great scorer and an above average rebounder. His defense is pretty poor however. Great trade for both teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Dear Jesus,

No.

From your biggest fan,

Maniak

Congrats Memphis, you get to witness Z-bo

Da Mavs

Thy dumped Pau Gasol's contract so they could pay Zach cancer Randolph the same length and money?

Wow that's one messed up organization

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Thy dumped Pau Gasol's contract so they could pay Zach cancer Randolph the same length and money?

Wow that's one messed up organization
    Pau was traded, because the team were looking to rebuild and Pau didn't like that. So they put him in a winning situation, which he wanted and which he got.

The addition of Randolph seems like a financial move to me. Why would Heisley (who is all about saving money) want to hand out a 5 year contract for ridiculous amounts of money, when he can have a 2 year contract and get a proven 20/10 player, rather than waiting for potential to kick in?

This may not seem like the smartest move, but it's a move and, to me, it seems very financial driven, but then again, what's new there when you're dealing with Heisley. Hopefully this is part of a bigger picture.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Pau was traded, because the team were looking to rebuild and Pau didn't like that. So they put him in a winning situation, which he wanted and which he got.

The addition of Randolph seems like a financial move to me. Why would Heisley (who is all about saving money) want to hand out a 5 year contract for ridiculous amounts of money, when he can have a 2 year contract and get a proven 20/10 player, rather than waiting for potential to kick in?

This may not seem like the smartest move, but it's a move and, to me, it seems very financial driven, but then again, what's new there when you're dealing with Heisley. Hopefully this is part of a bigger picture.
    I like your optimism, but I'm probably going to be watching this season with my hand covering my eyes.

I understand the point of not saving money currently to acquire any big name in 2010, because chances are that they wouldnt come without us overpaying.But Zach Randolph is like a hot hooker, it gets the job done but it comes with its side effects. We could've had Big Baby for less, and there is potential in him to get better over time considering how much he improved last season.

While Zach is 28 and has always put up empty stats and has been run out of 3 cities now, Very talented big man but rarely dominates as his numbers suggest and wants every offense run through him and plays like he has a green light to do as he pleases.

Did I mention, he is a dickhead off the court. I dont know if it was you or someone else that said the team didnt want Darius Miles around because they felt he might have a negative influence on OJ or Rudy, yet we acquire ZBO. [COLOR="White"]*Insert ZBO, D-Miles car pic*[/COLOR]

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I like your optimism, but I'm probably going to be watching this season with my hand covering my eyes.

I understand the point of not saving money currently to acquire any big name in 2010, because chances are that they wouldnt come without us overpaying.But Zach Randolph is like a hot hooker, it gets the job done but it comes with its side effects. We could've had Big Baby for less, and there is potential in him to get better over time considering how much he improved last season.

While Zach is 28 and has always put up empty stats and has been run out of 3 cities now, Very talented big man but rarely dominates as his numbers suggest and wants every offense run through him and plays like he has a green light to do as he pleases.

Did I mention, he is a dickhead off the court. I dont know if it was you or someone else that said the team didnt want Darius Miles around because they felt he might have a negative influence on OJ or Rudy, yet we acquire ZBO. [COLOR="White"]*Insert ZBO, D-Miles car pic*[/COLOR]
    I actually liked the Miles signing. He didn't do much, but he was fine just playing 10 minutes a game, or whatever he got. He worked hard and didn't complain once, from my understanding.

I was reading something this morning that was saying that ZBo is actaully happy to come to Memphis and wants to be apart of the team. I posted the link over the Grizzlies forum.

Now, whether he's just saying that to make the FO happy, I don't know, but ZBo doesn't seem like the guy that would lie about that. Randolph, to me, seems like the kind of guy that, if he didn't want to play here, he would make that very clear.

I really do have some problems with bringing in ZBo though, but with some of the sh!t that Heisley and co. do, it's better ro just accept it and move on, because if we sat here and ranted about all the sh!t our FO has done, we'd give ourselves a heart attack.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I wouldn't be happy if I were a Grizzlies fan. They have a solid young core don't know why they'd want to add Z-Bo.

Good move for the Clippers tho. Open up some more minutes for Blake.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Well, if the Griz were to sign the Answer (Iverson is rumored to be interested), they'd look like this:

PG Iverson
    SG Mayo
    C Marc Gasol / Hasheem Thabeet
    PF Zach Randolph
    SF Rudy Gay

With good energy / skilled guys coming off the bench, like Hakim Warrick and Mike Conley Jr. Then they also have a promising young PF in Darrell Arthur and the Iranian center, Hamed Hadadi (something like that - he's 7'2 and I can't think of a single team in the league with a better 3rd big man - hell he's better than quite a few backup big men. Maybe with ZBo there, they'll bring back Darius Miles..............

^ Clips got Deandre Jordan - better 3rd big man :)

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    ^ Clips got Deandre Jordan - better 3rd big man :)
    Wow - with all the talk about Kaman, Camby, Randolph and Griffin, I had completely forgot about DeAndre Jordan - GOOD CATCH!!!

I wonder if, with him on board, the Clips will still try and move either Kaman or Camby....