Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Best starting 5 of your team who you got? (all era)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I mean, Odinn just put Kareem at PF lol. All bets are off.

Kareem is not playing PF.
    I know, it's a little bit off the road. But when you have goat level Cs and not having one of the top 10 PFs ever, it feels like it would be an insult to that C.

I mean can you be OK with having Pau Gasol 2007-08 instead of Kareem or Shaq at their absolute best?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Odinn,

Since you clearly put a lot of thought in to your teams, why do you pick Rose for the Bulls?

I agree that he is the best player at the PG position that Chicago has ever had, but I don't think that he's the best fit with Jordan and Pippen. Your thoughts? Arguments?
    I think there wouldn't be much to discuss. I mean it's like having Ron Harper with bonuses such as much greater playmaking and shooting ability, being able to create his own offense.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    I know, it's a little bit off the road. But when you have goat level Cs and not having one of the top 10 PFs ever, it feels like it would be an insult to that C.

I mean can you be OK with having Pau Gasol 2007-08 instead of Kareem or Shaq at their absolute best?
    This.

In the case of the Lakers, it needs to be done.

Zo and Shaq for the Heat, however, I would not do. I'd rather put a legit PF (Bosh?) at the 4, or Lebron at the 4 and Rice at the 3.

Hardaway
    Wade
    Rice
    Lebron
    Shaq

Hardaway
    Wade
    Lebron
    Bosh
    Shaq

Edit: Is Zo a better player, all time, than Rice or Bosh? Yes, of course. But he's not a better fit, and Rice is an all-time great in a need (3p shooting) while Bosh was, prior to joining forces with the Heat, arguably a top 10 player in the league today, plus his ability to stretch the floor at the 4 would be invaluable with the rest of that lineup.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 03-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.

College superstar

I think there wouldn't be much to discuss. I mean it's like having Ron Harper with bonuses such as much greater playmaking and shooting ability, being able to create his own offense.
    Only the PG for that roster wouldn't need the ability to create. Just defend at an elite level (NVL) or shoot 3's at an elite level (Kerr, Paxson).

Rose is better than all three of those players, but for purposes of FIT I would take any of those three before Rose, assuming Jordan and Pippen were on the team. For the same reason (fit), I chose Grant (legit jump shooter, floor spacer) over Rodman (better player, elite D).

With Rose, Jordan and Pippen all on the floor at once, opposing teams can pack the paint and dare the 30% 3p "snipers" to shoot all day, very similar to how Lebron was "guarded" earlier in his career. At least with NVL (over Rose) the Bulls are even MORE devastating on D, or with Kerr/Paxson they'd have a legit threat to make teams pay for packing the paint or double-teaming.

This.

In the case of the Lakers, it needs to be done.

Zo and Shaq for the Heat, however, I would not do. I'd rather put a legit PF (Bosh?) at the 4, or Lebron at the 4 and Rice at the 3.

Hardaway
    Wade
    Rice
    Lebron
    Shaq

Hardaway
    Wade
    Lebron
    Bosh
    Shaq

Edit: Is Zo a better player, all time, than Rice or Bosh? Yes, of course. But he's not a better fit, and Rice is an all-time great in a need (3p shooting) while Bosh was, prior to joining forces with the Heat, arguably a top 10 player in the league today, plus his ability to stretch the floor at the 4 would be invaluable with the rest of that lineup.
    Zo had a money midrange jumper, and when the line was moved in, made a killing cashing in those easier threes. A younger Zo and Shaq could coexist, as Zo decent at the high post.

rose
    jordan
    pippen
    love
    gilmore

Only the PG for that roster wouldn't need the ability to create. Just defend at an elite level (NVL) or shoot 3's at an elite level (Kerr, Paxson).

Rose is better than all three of those players, but for purposes of FIT I would take any of those three before Rose, assuming Jordan and Pippen were on the team. For the same reason (fit), I chose Grant (legit jump shooter, floor spacer) over Rodman (better player, elite D).

With Rose, Jordan and Pippen all on the floor at once, opposing teams can pack the paint and dare the 30% 3p "snipers" to shoot all day, very similar to how Lebron was "guarded" earlier in his career. At least with NVL (over Rose) the Bulls are even MORE devastating on D, or with Kerr/Paxson they'd have a legit threat to make teams pay for packing the paint or double-teaming.
    I see you are stuck with things that happened. It's an imaginary debate. Of course, we should think about fitting. Just think about like this;
    Your team's capacity is 70 and you're getting 85% of it. The result is 59.5.
    Your team's capacity is 90 and you're getting 70% of it. The result is 63.0.

You just can't pick the lower capacity coz of fitting, coz of getting the most of it. The cast do not have to play like 2nd 3peat Bulls. They have Artis Gilmore, one of the most efficient low post scorers. Why don't you talk about him? The Bulls never had a player like him in championship seasons.

I know what you're saying...and off the top of my head I can't think of a great PF the Lakers have had...I guess Baylor could play the tweener role.

I know what you're saying...and off the top of my head I can't think of a great PF the Lakers have had...I guess Baylor could play the tweener role.
    The only player I can think of is McAdoo. He was capable of playing at PF. But when he was a Laker, he was way off from his prime.

The only player I can think of is McAdoo. He was capable of playing at PF. But when he was a Laker, he was way off from his prime.

Yea, Pau is the only great PF I can think of. AC Green was an all-star and that's valid, but he's hardly one of the greats.

PG - Damon Stoudamire
    SG - Vince Carter
    SF - Rudy Gay/Tracy McGrady
    PF - Chris Bosh
    C - Antonio Davis

Nice wing players, it's a nice looking team. But man do we need to acquire more talent in the future.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    well if i get no bench. then i assume i would have to pick based on how many minutes they could play, durability, offense, defense, how they play with foul trouble

so i guess

C- Wilt ( played every minute )
    PF- Russell ( nearly played every minute )
    SF- Baylor ( tough as nails, nearly played every minute )
    SG- Kobe (toughest player of all time, plays through anything, can and wants to play every minute )
    PG- Iverson ( second toughest player all time, plays nearly every minute )

Where my Philly fam at?

PG: Mo Cheeks
    SG: Allen Iverson
    SF: Julius Erving
    PF: Charles Barkley
    C: Wilt Chamberlain

It's tough to leave Big Mo off but I wanted to stack the team with natural position

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

When Ewing's knees were good he was fighting with prime Hakeem and prime Robinson as the best center in the NBA. Ewing is the better player.

But, Reed can play PF and, with Ewing, he should play PF.
    I never saw him the class of Hakeem and Dave. He was a great offensive player but not as well rounded as them.

I know but still he was better than Kemp tho
    No he wasn't!

I might change mine to AK instead of Millsap. Next year it will be Kanter!

C- Shaq
    PF Bosh
    SF Lebron
    SG Wade
    PG Hardaway.