Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe and Duncan are the Greatest of their Era

I thought this forum would be really fun to be a part of when I signed up. It's shit like this that changed my mind, and why I hardly come here anymore. The California ******s and the legion of Kobetards will just not shut up. Shaq and Duncan were so much better than Kobe, and everyone with their head screwed on half-right can see that with no problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I thought this forum would be really fun to be a part of when I signed up. It's shit like this that changed my mind, and why I hardly come here anymore. The California ******s and the legion of Kobetards will just not shut up. Shaq and Duncan were so much better than Kobe, and everyone with their head screwed on half-right can see that with no problem.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    So a fan poll = consensus?

It's funny because literally every person on the TNT crew laughed at the idea of Bean being the player of the decade.
    literally none of those players played against a peak kobe, but they've all played against a prime/peak shaq first hand which is why they believe what they do. but the rest of the fans who saw kobe from 00'-09' voted him easily without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    A fan poll with the most popular player, just coming of his highest point of the decade, playing in the largest market in the NBA winning it

Duncan is probably the player of the decade for 01-10.

if it was 00-09 I could see Shaq as well.
    the poll was made before kobe repeated and they all voted kobe as the player of the decade then he went on to close the decade with a repeat which validated all the fans's points but i guess that doesn't matter to you

just face it. shaq was a shell of his former self post-2006 while kobe entered his prime. what you have to realize is shaq was almost 8 seasons in when the new millennium started, so it was only natural that he would fizzle out in the middle of it. the only other player that had an arguement was duncan but he never three-peated nor repeated so in the end you have to give the nod to kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    the consensus player of the decade wasn't the greatest of his era?

Between 2000-2009 Shaq has 4 championships and 3 finals MVPs. Nobody else can make such a claim. Kobe has 4 chips and 1 FMVP. Duncan has 3 chips and 2 FMVPs.

I'd rank them like this.

1. Shaq - 4 chips, 3 FMVPs, 1 MVP.
    2. Duncan - 3 chips, 2 FMVPs, 2 MVPs.
    3. Kobe - 4 chips, 1 FMVP, 1 MVP.

Shaq is the player of the 2000-2009 decade. It's not debatable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Between 2000-2009 Shaq has 4 championships and 3 finals MVPs. Nobody else can make such a claim. Kobe has 4 chips and 1 FMVP. Duncan has 3 chips and 2 FMVPs.

I'd rank them like this.

Banned

why do people keep forgetting that shaq started his career in 1992? came straight outta college and was already averaging 24ppg and 10...

and come 2009, he averaged 17ppg and made the allstar team

Banned

I'd rank them like this.

that's two top 15 all time players vs. one top 15 all time player... give duncan a guard who was as good as him or better (i.e. jordan or oscar) and we are talking a minimum of 7 rings since duncan has 5 rings without anyone of that calibur

Quote Originally Posted by onhcetum
    that's two top 15 all time players vs. one top 15 all time player... give duncan a guard who was as good as him or better (i.e. jordan or oscar) and we are talking a minimum of 7 rings since duncan has 5 rings without anyone of that calibur
    Manu was just as good as Timmy for the 2005 championship and Parker was their best player in 2007. Timmy was pretty much a solo act in 2003, but so was Shaq in 2000.

Banned

Manu was just as good as Timmy for the 2005 championship and Parker was their best player in 2007. Timmy was pretty much a solo act in 2003, but so was Shaq in 2000.
    duncan was an allstar, made 1st team, and all defensive, put up more points, rebounds, and higher PER

cmon dude, when we talk about the best guards in the game, you hear the currys, john walls, hardens, lillard, chris paul, mcgrady, deron williams, rondo, kyrie, iverson,

and now suddenly we gon act like manu and parker are premier superstars?

Please explain this. Make Parker's case.

2005 Playoffs
    Duncan 23.6 pts / 12.4 rebs / 2.7 assts / 2.3 blks 46.4%FG
    Manu 20.8 pts / 5.8 rebs / 4.2 assts 50.7%

2006-07 Regular season
    Duncan 20 pts / 10.6 rebs / 3.4 assts / 2.4 blks 54.6%FG All-NBA 1st, All-Defensive 1st, 4th in MVP voting
    Parker 18.6 pts / 5.5 assts 52%

2007 Playoffs
    Duncan 22.2 pts / 11.5 rebs / 3.3 assts / 3.1 blks 52.1%
    Parker 20.8 pts / 5.1 assts 48%

1) Kobe
    2) Duncan
    3) Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Lol at this idiot troll you actually believe this BS you are saying. That's just sad...

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

The mindless drones from LA are just never gonna be able to reconcile themselves with the fact that Duncan and Shaq were greater than Kobe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    1) Kobe
    2) Duncan
    3) Shaq