Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Default Re: CP3 vs Griffin...who is the more impactful player right now?

CP3, because he not only is a top player on his own that can carry the team he also has a huge impact on Griffin's game.

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    CP3, because he not only is a top player on his own that can carry the team he also has a huge impact on Griffin's game.
    Really? IMO his game hinders Blake's game

Griffin is the best player on the team, but the Clippers will go as far as CP3 takes them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Griffin is the best player on the team, but the Clippers will go as far as CP3 takes them this year.
    was interested to hear a clipper's fans opinion, heres some rep for staying a clip fan even when they were shit

anyway back on point, why do people keep saying that the clippers will go as far as cp3 takes them? to reword my point, do you not think that blake with his improved jumpshot can become the xfactor where it would be better for cp3 to take a reduced role?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Gun to my head, Griffin.

If you asked me straight to my face, I would probably say CP3. Mostly because I'm a pathological liar. Also, I don't like people talking directing in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    was interested to hear a clipper's fans opinion, heres some rep for staying a clip fan even when they were shit

anyway back on point, why do people keep saying that the clippers will go as far as cp3 takes them? to reword my point, do you not think that blake with his improved jumpshot can become the xfactor where it would be better for cp3 to take a reduced role?
    The way I see it, its comparable to the 2005-06 Clippers when Elton Brand was the best player, but the team went as Sam Cassell went. Obviously, the talent isn't what I'm comparing here as Paul is superior to Cassell (though, Sammy had some of the best leadership I've ever witnessed).

I just don't think Blake has hit that level of leadership to be the catalyst, but give him two more seasons, at the very most, and he'll have it. Especially now that Cassell is on the bench. That hire will greatly benefit Blake.

I do not understand the CP3 bashing. He is by far, and away their best player.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

I think its even. except for the fact that CP3 is more of a leader and basically controls the offense. Blakes a great player but cp3 is a great player and leader.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

alot of people think that BG is better because of the way he played without cp3 but alot of people think westbrook is better then durant even though durant carried his team without westbrook.... so i dont know.

Blake Griffin has more impact on the game. Even CP3 would tell you this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I do not understand the CP3 bashing. He is by far, and away their best player.
    did u miss last season? it is very close

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Clippers were not contenders before CP3 showed up. They are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Clippers were not contenders before CP3 showed up. They are now.
    that is not a fair statement, griffin is a much improved player(From good rookie to superstar). and a contender is based off each players work, without griffin the clippers would not be contenders now either. so i dont get what your statement has to do with who is the more impactful player right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    that is not a fair statement, griffin is a much improved player(From good rookie to superstar). and a contender is based off each players work, without griffin the clippers would not be contenders now either. so i dont get what your statement has to do with who is the more impactful player right now.
    Eh, Griffin was a much better rookie than he was in years 2 and 3 imo.

I can't really think of comparison between the two other than Malone and Stockton, with Griffin being worse than Malone and CP3 being better than Stockton (I said it).

Make no mistake though: if the Clippers want to win, Griffin needs to become their best player, which he currently is not (and he really was not last Playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Eh, Griffin was a much better rookie than he was in years 2 and 3 imo.

I can't really think of comparison between the two other than Malone and Stockton, with Griffin being worse than Malone and CP3 being better than Stockton (I said it).

Make no mistake though: if the Clippers want to win, Griffin needs to become their best player, which he currently is not (and he really was not last Playoffs).
    yeah thats my biggest issue with griffin, he just seems for some reason to always disappear in the playoffs, hence this thread. he needs to prove to me that he can perform when teams slow it down and the offence becomes much less freeflowing. I believe this is his year however.
    and i think it is unfair to use that comparison, since imho malone is a superior player to stockton