Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is like the Derek Jeter of the NBA

Jeter's clutch moments obliterate Kobe's.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Anddd Pointguard even here had to bring in his anti-Dirk agenda

"Not on the level of other greats"
    Not anti Dirk at all. I love Jeter. I only like Dirk. I know this seems weird but much of my Dirk post are generated to aggravate a Rose hater and his double standard tactics.

During the regular season Dirk never averaged 10 rebounds per game. That's unheard of for a great PF. Am I wrong? He was never top three in scoring. Was never a good defender. Yet his team always wins. But in the post season he makes his mark with his clutch play. Jeter was top three respected as the best post season player for like a 7 year period. Dirk never was never really all that but he is recognized in a similar vein. I think the people of Dallas appreciate him like we do Jeter here.

Jeter exuded the winner charisma. He did things right on an off the court. He was very skilled and figured out a way to be effective. Humble, smart, wise and clutch.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Jeter's clutch moments obliterate Kobe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Not anti Dirk at all. I love Jeter. I only like Dirk. I know this seems weird but much of my Dirk post are generated to aggravate a Rose hater and his double standard tactics.

During the regular season Dirk never averaged 10 rebounds per game. That's unheard of for a great PF. Am I wrong? He was never top three in scoring. Was never a good defender. Yet his team always wins. But in the post season he makes his mark with his clutch play. Jeter was top three respected as the best post season player for like a 7 year period. Dirk never was never really all that but he is recognized in a similar vein. I think the people of Dallas appreciate him like we do Jeter here.

Jeter exuded the winner charisma. He did things right on an off the court. He was very skilled and figured out a way to be effective. Humble, smart, wise and clutch.
    This is gonna go way too long again if I adress this garbage (You still don't acknowledge his Impact of the stats, and low shot attempts, which is sad considering you're a Magic fan) but let me just say...

9.9 RPG, 9.9 RPG, 9.7 RPG...

No 10 RPG season..................

5-time NBA All-Star

This is gonna go way too long again if I adress this garbage (You still don't acknowledge his Impact of the stats, and low shot attempts, which is sad considering you're a Magic fan) but let me just say...

9.9 RPG, 9.9 RPG, 9.7 RPG...

No 10 RPG season..................
    I said ten. And you you are trying to reinterpret 10. Name me a great PF that never got 11 rebounds. Does that make you feel better? I doubt I know any that never got to 12. There you go. Want to start there? You hate numbers?

But as always you miss the point. Obviously Jeter's impact is well beyond the raw stat. There has never been a bigger peer to peer reception than that given to Jeter because they understand his value well beyond the numbers. The problem here is that you either have no clue what so ever who Jeter is and why he is celebrated or you just don't have a clue at all.

Magic not being in the top ten scoring isn't remotely close to Dirk's. That's a whole different animal. You also failed to see that Jeter never had the big homerun numbers but always was near the top in runs scored.

Who's the Canseco of the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    He's JUST like Jeter....not as good as people think.

Both of them have inflated reputations because they played on historical franchises who will always spend money and attract other stars. That+every casual fan knows who they are because their teams have some of the largest natural fan bases.

Jeter probably isn't even a top 50 baseball player all time

Imagine if Jeter was drafted by the Brewers and played his entire career there. No one outside of the state would give a shit that he was retiring. They'd mention it once on ESPN and it would be over.

Imagine if Kobe played his entire career for some shit franchise. He'd have great numbers and nothing to show for it.
    Dumb post. Kobe=Brett Farve neway...

Kobe Numbers and Accolades easily backs up his reputation.

Kobe Top 5 All Time in Scoring, Top 5 in playoff scoring, Top 5 in playoff stls, Top 3 in All-Star selections, Top 3 All-NBA First Team and Defensive, Highest Assist All-Time for a non PG, exc....

Of Players with Titles and Final MVPs added together Kobe is Top 8 in that group. And I haven't even discussed his amazing scoring displays that only Wilt can contend with...Now a days, players droppin a once in awhile 50pt game gets Twitter and ESPN buzzin for a week...Kobe use to do it so much that it seemed expected and normal.

Bron drops 62 vs Bobcats n ppl act like they never seen sh!t like that before, internets goin crazy for a month...Kobe dropped 63 in 3 quarters vs The Western Conference champs witout breakin a sweat.

Only ppl who diss Kobe are those who took young Kobe trolls too serious over those Jordan debates....Smh...Wake up and smell the facts...Your're not going to be regarded as a Legend If you aren't a Legend....Smush Parker and Kwame played in LA aswell, don't see them getting overrated..Miss me wit dat sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I said ten. And you you are trying to reinterpret 10. Name me a great PF that never got 11 rebounds. Does that make you feel better? I doubt I know any that never got to 12. There you go. Want to start there? You hate numbers?

But as always you miss the point. Obviously Jeter's impact is well beyond the raw stat. There has never been a bigger peer to peer reception than that given to Jeter because they understand his value well beyond the numbers. The problem here is that you either have no clue what so ever who Jeter is and why he is celebrated or you just don't have a clue at all.

Magic not being in the top ten scoring isn't remotely close to Dirk's. That's a whole different animal. You also failed to see that Jeter never had the big homerun numbers but always was near the top in runs scored.
    Yeah you said 10.... And three 9.7+ seasons are so far behind that... right?

It's the same damn thing, dude... Three 10+ RPG seasons. Considering he Plays on the Perimeter offensively and has great Rebounding numbers in the Playoffs (Better than KG's), I'm fine with it...

I wasn't talking about Jeter, but Dirk, btw.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

They're similar in that they're both ridiculously overrated by the mainstream media because they play in the largest markets. But Kobe is far better at basketball than Jeter is at baseball. Like it's not even close.

5-time NBA All-Star

Yeah you said 10.... And three 9.7+ seasons are so far behind that... right?

It's the same damn thing, dude... Three 10+ RPG seasons.
    That's smooth, a number rounded up to ten is now considered "10 plus" not once, not twice, but three times. Its simple mathematics 9.9 is not 10 plus not matter how you slice it. I said 10 because its a landmark number. I could have said 11 or 12 per game - it still applies.
    Considering he Plays on the Perimeter offensively and has great Rebounding numbers in the Playoffs (Better than KG's), I'm fine with it...
    yeah, not having defensive responsibilities does come with its perks. Its amazing that he didn't get to 10 while guarding the weaker player his whole career. Makes it even more bizarre. Thanks for bringing those things to my attention. KG played on the perimeter offensively as well and he lead the league for four years in a row. So that's not an excuse.

KG was unquestionably the better rebounder in the playoffs as well. Had a higher rebounding per game than Dirk in the playoffs as well. What were you getting at?
    I wasn't talking about Jeter, but Dirk, btw.
    Doesn't matter what you were talking about. I wasn't talking to you when I was talking about Jeter. So when you jumped in on my comment, Jeter was integral to everything I was saying. So yes, we are talking about Jeter.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

How do you mean? Kobe has herpes to?

When did Jeter ever rape a girl and then buy his wife off at a press conference?