Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
B4llin
High school junior varsity star

B4llin has not been impressing people
Default Small question on flopping

Personally I think Blake is flopping in this Gif. However if I was in his position and someone SWUNG their elbow around towards my face like Nene did, there is no way I would be able to help my self from trying to dodge that elbow. So what I'm trying to say is that maybe flopping is looked at a little too negatively. Sometimes players get really close to their defender's space, and a natural human reaction is to try and dodge something like a hand or an elbow being swung towards them. Just my perception on it, don't hate.

For those who have never played Basketball, have someone back you down and swing their elbow around like Nene did in this Gif, see if you dont flinch? Throw your head back just a little bit?

I know this is very different to a lot of other flopping situations, but a lot of jump shooting flops usually have a defender flying towards the shooter with their hands out, sometimes the automatic human reaction is to try and dodge something flying towards you.

Just a different perspective.

Also: if someone could post the Boozer and Chris Bosh GIF where its kind of similar, It's one of my favorites, but honestly if someone swung their elbow around like that its kind of natural to flinch like that. Sometimes maybe its so embarrassing for a player to flinch so much that the only thing they can do is fall the the ground and hope for a foul call?

Last edited by B4llin : 02-15-2013 at 05:26 AM.
B4llin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: