Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default Everyone is being a little too beta about Paul George.

I really respect the out pouring of support from his fellow players, but the way they and you guys reacted made it seem like he just got terminal cancer. Injuries happen, that much is obvious. If Bird or Jordan went down with this type of injury, everyone would simply say "well that sucks and I feel for him but that's part of the game". You guys need to sack up. This guy is a max contract player with tons of guaranteed $$ and everything he could possibly want in life (who incidentally cheated on his girlfriend with a stripper whom he tried to pay to have an abortion). So everyone chill, he will be fine, and life will go on.
    Last edited by Connor B; 08-03-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Default Re: Everyone is being a little too beta about Paul George.

people just overreacting to everything.

Just like the Donald Sterling shit.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    I really respect the out pouring of support from his fellow players, but the way they and you guys reacted made it seem like he just got terminal cancer. Injuries happen, that much is obvious. If Bird or Jordan went down with this type of injury, everyone would simply say "well that sucks and I feel for him but that's part of the game". You guys need to sack up. This guy is a max contract player with tons of guaranteed $$ and everything he could possibly want in life (who incidentally cheated on his girlfriend with a striper whom he tried to pay to have an abortion). So everyone chill.
    Who cares that he cheated with a stripper. Mentioning that makes you sound more beta than anything.

Well being an American, and seeing he got hurt putting his body on the line repping USA, its a sad situation.

Coming from a Bulls fan who has never been fond of the Pacers or a lot of their players.

Love Live Life

I really just hate seeing people get hurt. I play ball and I hope and pray that doesn't happen to me.

It's called caring Op

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Well being an American, and seeing he got hurt putting his body on the line repping USA, its a sad situation.

Coming from a Bulls fan who has never been fond of the Pacers or a lot of their players.

He had a horrific injury, something that very rarely happens in the sport of basketball. He didn't just break a leg, it was arguably the 2nd most horrific basketball injury since Shaun Livingston, tied with Kevin Ware.

Now, George's bone didn't stick out quite as much as Ware's, but it was equally as horrific, and it looked even more painful + his bone was sticking out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi2R0IlCXlA

pause at 1:05, holy shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    I really respect the out pouring of support from his fellow players, but the way they and you guys reacted made it seem like he just got terminal cancer. Injuries happen, that much is obvious. If Bird or Jordan went down with this type of injury, everyone would simply say "well that sucks and I feel for him but that's part of the game". You guys need to sack up. This guy is a max contract player with tons of guaranteed $$ and everything he could possibly want in life (who incidentally cheated on his girlfriend with a stripper whom he tried to pay to have an abortion). So everyone chill, he will be fine, and life will go on.
    is you crazy?! I'd freak out even more if it was Bird/Jordan who got injured! They're two of the best players ever! The entire league would freak out!

i agree with OP. people are getting really sensitive over a leg break. we all know a friend who broke a bone when we were kids. and those bones heal faster than muscle or tendons. its not a big deal. its only a big deal because it looks the most gruesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i agree with OP. people are getting really sensitive over a leg break. we all know a friend who broke a bone when we were kids. and those bones heal faster than muscle or tendons. its not a big deal. its only a big deal because it looks the most gruesome.
    It was a season ending injury before the season ever began. People are just showing support.

His leg snapped in two and he's missing the entire season. It's a serious injury. OP shut up.

I guess it's the fact that he didn't just break his leg, the damn thing literally was in an L shape. It's gruesome. Imagine if we didn't have the technology we do? At one point, they would have removed his leg. Looks nasty. With the Bone coming out.

What sucks is the kid had a bright future. Now he will not only be 18 months removed from basketball, BUT factor in the kid won't walk, AT ALL. And one he does come back, forget the physical part of the game, the Gotdamn Mental part of the game. He might NEVER be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    It was a season ending injury before the season ever began. People are just showing support.
    i understand, but its overboard. almost as if its a career ender. and its not really a season ender, realistically he can come back late in the regular season.

Decent playground baller

Well the injury looked terrible that's one reason. Another is that this affects his NBA future. He didn't have to play for team USA. Now this effects him and the Pacers for at least a year to two.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

says the guy who wishes injury on lebron