I usually hit open layups

Default Ray Allen is my Favorite player ...but this is getting ridiculous

Either your playing or not Ray.

Like the audacity of this guy to really sit out till almost the playoffs. Lol

I got that u didn't want to do a training camp...I got that maybe u wanted to wait till after Christmas...or the break....

But there's like not even 20 games left...I sing even think he'd be able to knock down his 27 3s he needs to make 3000 in this time frame.

If you are retiring ...just come out and say so...

Favorite player of all time...but this is my only knock on him throughout the years...this is too attention whore'ish for me.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Ray Allen is my Favorite player ...but this is getting ridiculous

How is he being an attention whore when we don't see him doing any interviews or press conferences? I'm not even sure he has a twitter account. What's really going on is that he's 39 years old and ready to retire. But because he's one of the greatest clutch shooters the game has ever seen and he's known to stay in great shape playoff teams believe that he can help them so his agent is getting calls. People shouldn't be mad at him over this. At worst he just wants to avoid as much of the regular season as possible for whatever reason (bored with it, wants to be with family, preserving his body, etc) and will pick a team at the last minute. But if you're mad at him for not having made a firm decision yet it's really your own fault for caring.

What are you talking about?

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think he is waiting till the last possible second to see who has the best chance at a ring so he can chase 1 more without putting in the season long effort. Seems cheap. I'll have a difficult time rooting for any team he joins.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How is he being an attention whore when we don't see him doing any interviews or press conferences? I'm not even sure he has a twitter account. What's really going on is that he's 39 years old and ready to retire. But because he's one of the greatest clutch shooters the game has ever seen and he's known to stay in great shape playoff teams believe that he can help them so his agent is getting calls. People shouldn't be mad at him over this. At worst he just wants to avoid as much of the regular season as possible for whatever reason (bored with it, wants to be with family, preserving his body, etc) and will pick a team at the last minute. But if you're mad at him for not having made a firm decision yet it's really your own fault for caring.
    Either ur playing or not.

It's basically March. I find it hard to believe he hasn't made his decision yet.

Teams have subsequently cut players...holding on to open roster spots for him...just make a decision already...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KayHaven
    Either ur playing or not.

It's basically March. I find it hard to believe he hasn't made his decision yet.

Teams have subsequently cut players...holding on to open roster spots for him...just make a decision already...
    Why? How is any of this his problem? He has no contract with anyone and thus no obligation to anyone. He has the right to do what he wants. Any team that doesn't like it has the right to move on from him. There is no problem here.

He probably doesn't want to play, but just keeps getting hassled by teams that want him and fans continue to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    I think he is waiting till the last possible second to see who has the best chance at a ring so he can chase 1 more without putting in the season long effort. Seems cheap. I'll have a difficult time rooting for any team he joins.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    He probably doesn't want to play, but just keeps getting hassled by teams that want him and fans continue to speculate.
    this

How can someone who has done nothing be an attention whore?

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    How can someone who has done nothing be an attention whore?
    Are you really a Hawks fan?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Exactly my thoughts. People keeping saying this too...that Ray is being an attention whore and what not...yet he's stayed quiet this entire season. Teams and players are contacting him for his services, but he's an attention whore. You'd think he was the one begging to join teams and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Are you really a Hawks fan?
    Hawks fan since the Dominique era.