Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Are you a one foot or two foot jumper?

I'm a one foot jumper. I can never seem to get off high on two foot for some reason.

But I think two foot jumpers are better (can jump in traffic or standstill position)

Banned

Default Re: Are you a one foot or two foot jumper?

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    I'm a one foot jumper. I can never seem to get off high on two foot for some reason.

But I think two foot jumpers are better (can jump in traffic or standstill position)
    I am a one foot jumper too. I can jump a lot higher on one foot.
    Interestingly i can also jump higher with my "weaker" leg then with my "stronger" one. For example when playing soccer my right leg/foot is a lot better. I can barely play with my leftfoot.However,in terms of jumping, it's the other way round. It is much easier for me to jump wit left then right.

If you are right handed, you will jump off your left foot but kick with your right. Pretty sure that's how it works.

I started out a one footed jumper and could barely touch the rim off two. Now that I'm older and have encountered jumpers knee a few times, I jump off two and hardly ever jump off one. Maybefor layups but thats it. Jumping off one doesn't even seem natural anymore.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    If you are right handed, you will jump off your left foot but kick with your right. Pretty sure that's how it works.

I started out a one footed jumper and could barely touch the rim off two. Now that I'm older and have encountered jumpers knee a few times, I jump off two and hardly ever jump off one. Maybefor layups but thats it. Jumping off one doesn't even seem natural anymore.
    What? Jumping off one imo is the most natural thing. Anyways, I had an acl tear on my right leg that never felt right again. Thus, maybe why I always jump one foot if given the choice.

Also I have small hands, and to get off HIGH on two foot, you really have to swing both hands backwards and then explode. If you have small hands, such an action would probably make you lose control of the ball.

What? Jumping off one imo is the most natural thing. Anyways, I had an acl tear on my right leg that never felt right again. Thus, maybe why I always jump one foot if given the choice.

Also I have small hands, and to get off HIGH on two foot, you really have to swing both hands backwards and then explode. If you have small hands, such an action would probably make you lose control of the ball.
    When I first discovered my athleticism lol, I thought jumping off one was super natural and off two was really really hard. After I practiced jumping off two for like 6 months, I never looked back. I have way more body control off two and get higher. I developed jumpers knee from years of jumping off one so that's another reason. Idk......just my preference.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Both for me. Using both legs should helps get you more lift, but using one is better in some cases when you're going around someone.

Local High School Star

When I first discovered my athleticism lol, I thought jumping off one was super natural and off two was really really hard. After I practiced jumping off two for like 6 months, I never looked back. I have way more body control off two and get higher. I developed jumpers knee from years of jumping off one so that's another reason. Idk......just my preference.
    How big are your hands though? Try jumping off one and two foot, for two foot, you would see that swinging your arms to the back is critical but not for one foot. The swinging part causes me to lose some air as I can't really control the ball with small hands.

Saw a basketball once

used to be 1 foot

but after training in the gym and all i found 2 foot more explosive

Local High School Star

I can jumper higher off of two feet, but I still jump off of one a lot. Off two I can touch the rim but I can't off of one.

How big are your hands though? Try jumping off one and two foot, for two foot, you would see that swinging your arms to the back is critical but not for one foot. The swinging part causes me to lose some air as I can't really control the ball with small hands.
    My hands are big enough to grip a ball and firmly control one with 2. Exactly how big are yours? I remember Steve Francis had baby hands and still had good control. For the average player,I could see how that could be an izsue

Local High School Star

My hands are big enough to grip a ball and firmly control one with 2. Exactly how big are yours? I remember Steve Francis had baby hands and still had good control. For the average player,I could see how that could be an izsue
    Very very small. There are girl's hands that are bigger then mine. I went to measure with a ruler just now, its 7 1/4inches from edge of forearm to the end of the middle finger.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Very very small. There are girl's hands that are bigger then mine. I went to measure with a ruler just now, its 7 1/4inches from edge of forearm to the end of the middle finger.
    Do you hate Burger King whoppers since they make your hands look even smaller?

[COLOR="White"]j/k. that's some commercial.[/COLOR]

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

I grab rebounds by jumping off two feet but with everything else, I jump off one foot.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

I'm a set shooter from every area on the court, I don't buy into the whole jumpshot thing. I just arc my shot if I have someone closely guarding me.

Bol'd over

I was laways a two-foot jumper, but that is generally the case when you play PF/C.