Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ClutchBucketz's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    im 45.1% away from "buying" this game....

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Uhh I don't think they perfected the whole stealing thing just yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Uhh I don't think they perfected the whole stealing thing just yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8
    Hey, I'd rather they be oblivious then have eyes everywhere.

Can you play third person? First person gives me headaches...

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Can you play third person? First person gives me headaches...
    Yes. But, IMO, it really doesn't work well for combat. Plus you'll cringe at how goofy the movements (jumping especially) look in 3rd person.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Yes. But, IMO, it really doesn't work well for combat. Plus you'll cringe at how goofy the movements (jumping especially) look in 3rd person.
    Where's my update? . Companions? Is game still incredibly good in your opinion? Yea I try 3rd person due to preference on Oblivion and Fallout and it definitely is awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    Oblivion is one of my games ever, played through on the PC and 360

which version should I get though?

also, how are the combat mechanics? the fighting in oblivion didn't make me feel like I was some all powerful warrior on a quest to save the world
    You should get it for PC if yours can run it properly.

The combat feels similar, but it's just very refined. Dual wielding spells, or a spell and a weapon, is quite nice. And one thing they've added to the fighting is cinematics. Sometimes when you land a critical hit the camera will switch to a 3rd person view of you stabbing some enemy in the neck and stuff. It's done in a very non-intrusive way, but moments like that does make the combat more visceral.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You should get it for PC if yours can run it properly.

The combat feels similar, but it's just very refined. Dual wielding spells, or a spell and a weapon, is quite nice. And one thing they've added to the fighting is cinematics. Sometimes when you land a critical hit the camera will switch to a 3rd person view of you stabbing some enemy in the neck and stuff. It's done in a very non-intrusive way, but moments like that does make the combat more visceral.
    Is Mage fun? I always play mage in games but in Oblivion it felt weak to me. Can you be a pure dual weilding magic user? Meaning no shield and weapon.. just spell hands.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Where's my update? . Companions? Is game still incredibly good in your opinion? Yea I try 3rd person due to preference on Oblivion and Fallout and it definitely is awkward.
    I ran into one elf in the first town, told him "Come with me, I need your help." and he instantly joined me. That was a bit awkward. I told him to leave and he did. I hope there is more character development for companions later in the game.

For whatever reason, I'm just not that "into" this world. Maybe I'm burned out on medieval RPGs after Dragon Age 2 (which I didn't like) and The Witcher 2 already coming out this year. There just isn't enough that differentiates this world from other ones you've seen in recent games.

It's still a very good overall game so far though but it's missing that personal "wow" factor for me. And that's really just personal preference because this game is technically better than something like Fallout New Vegas but I honestly had more fun exploring the world and characters of New Vegas. We'll see, that might change as I keep going through Skyrim.

I ran into one elf in the first town, told him "Come with me, I need your help." and he instantly joined me. That was a bit awkward. I told him to leave and he did. I hope there is more character development for companions later in the game.

For whatever reason, I'm just not that "into" this world. Maybe I'm burned out on medieval RPGs after Dragon Age 2 (which I didn't like) and The Witcher 2 already coming out this year. There just isn't enough that differentiates this world from other ones you've seen in recent games.

It's still a very good overall game so far though but it's missing that personal "wow" factor for me. And that's really just personal preference because this game is technically better than something like Fallout New Vegas but I honestly had more fun exploring the world and characters of New Vegas. We'll see, that might change as I keep going through Skyrim.
    So basically still a great game but not be your cup of tea exactly? I don't care if companions are generic as long as they do their job. BTW I loved DA2 and I can't wait for Witcher 2 if it hits console.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So basically still a great game but not be your cup of tea exactly? I don't care if companions are generic as long as they do their job. BTW I loved DA2 and I can't wait for Witcher 2 if it hits console.

May 2012.....don't see a ps3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22

May 2012.....don't see a ps3 version.
    Oh wow it became official!? Good thing I got my Xbox back from sister. I'll do most gaming on PS3 and just use Xbox for exclusives.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The Witcher 2 was amazing. Definite must-play.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Opening was SICK. Man, this game is looking to be really fun. Loving the environments.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

The Witcher 2 was amazing. Definite must-play.
    I downloaded Witcher 1 for $5 of off GOG in anticipation of Witcher 2.
    I'll be getting it on console.