Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: R we really gonna act like lakers aren't favorite to come out of the west now?

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    This must be really hard for Laker haters. We were supposed to be lucky with the 5-8th seed this year and now we are easily top 2/3 in the West & shedding salary every move we make. We are better but I will be interested to see how we click I think we can definitely beat SA because of our front court and it would be a dog fight with the Thunder. I still think the Lakers should sign Arenas to finish out the year and to let him audition for other teams. He hasn't played a game this year and made 20 mil so I could see him taking $750,000 from the Lakers to finish out the season. Lakers are getting better though there is no doubt about that
    It must be awesome living in your own little fantasy world

Default Re: R we really gonna act like lakers aren't favorite to come out of the west now?

Their bench hasn't changed but swapping Fisher for Sessions is a really nice upgrade. They're not the favorites though.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Im sorry dude, but Sessions is not "slightly better" than our old PG rotation. Hes a vast upgrade on all fronts.

Now is that enough to put LA over the hump? I dont know, but that is one position that wont be complete garbage now.

Have u ever had the thought that maybe its the way LA play that limits a pg production? Wait until sessions actually plays a few games for LA.. I think u will find his production falling.. And according to the stats above he doesn't have to fall far to be approaching Fischer territory. Just wait until he plays first

no. did Thunder just roll up and die?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    duncan is better than gasol?

what the **** am i reading? its 2012
    Duncan in the playoffs, as far as consistency of output over the years, is an entirely different animal than Gasol in the playoffs. 14.5 PPG and 8.6 boards vs. 16.6 PPG and 10.4 boards this season. Not exactly a huge gulf in numbers to make an argument either way. Give the coaching nod to San Antonio, and overall familiarity with the system, and the scales get tipped.

Even at 35, Duncan is a top player at his position.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Duncan in the playoffs, as far as consistency of output over the years, is an entirely different animal than Gasol in the playoffs. 14.5 PPG and 8.6 boards vs. 16.6 PPG and 10.4 boards this season. Not exactly a huge gulf in numbers to make an argument either way. Give the coaching nod to San Antonio, and overall familiarity with the system, and the scales get tipped.

You are sooooooooo pressed about the Lakers it's funny

I can just see you pounding your keyboard in anger

OKC Thunder are still the team to beat in the West.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

He speaks clearly and makes a valid point without a hint of anger, and that's all you got?

Typical IQ of a Laker fan

Local High School Star

The hate is so deep amongst laker fans this season tagt u guys could have signed mike bibby and troll about being a championship contender. Typical laker over reaction..

Very good NBA starter

Thunder are still the team to beat. Lakers are nice though, deep front court and they finally solved their PG problems!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

More importantly, Duncan is a much better defensive player.

Banned

Pau can play more, score more, rebound more and does it all more efficiently. I'm not saying Duncan sucks but at 35 he simply cannot hope to outplay or even match Pau in a 7 game series. And he is better defensively nowadays since he can jump to block a shot.

Pau's clear better stats (you didnt include the 3% fg diff) don't allow anyone to give an argument to either being better, but the coach and familiarity with the system (does familiarity score the ball?) tip the scales in duncans favor?

Ridiculous. Duncan is Top 10 I guess, top 7, but not that good anymore. You have griffin love aldridge bosh and then maybe pau if im not forgetting anyone... duncan isnt a t5 pf

Banned

I know being Mr. Antagonist without offering any worthwhile posts or discussion matter is your 'thing' and all, and you seem to think I've got this deep rooted, seething hatred for the Lakers or something, but you might want to put some real thought into dropping the troll routine.

It's understandable that you're a casual fan and/or a bandwagon Lakers guy, but you don't have to compensate for your shortcomings this way. I'm sure anonymous strangers on an internet forum will learn to accept your bellicose ways eventually.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Pau can play more, score more, rebound more and does it all more efficiently. I'm not saying Duncan sucks but at 35 he simply cannot hope to outplay or even match Pau in a 7 game series. And he is better defensively nowadays since he can jump to block a shot.

Pau's clear better stats (you didnt include the 3% fg diff) don't allow anyone to give an argument to either being better, but the coach and familiarity with the system (does familiarity score the ball?) tip the scales in duncans favor?

Ridiculous. Duncan is Top 10 I guess, top 7, but not that good anymore. You have griffin love aldridge bosh and then maybe pau if im not forgetting anyone... duncan isnt a t5 pf
    Um... a difference of 3%, 2 points and less than 2 rebounds? Yeah, that's close enough to make the argument between the two something of a wash, yeah. Gasol's dud of a post-season run left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. If you don't think Duncan has an advantage because he knows the system better, as opposed to Gasol in Brown's system that completely did away with any remnants of the familiar Triangle that Gasol acclimated to, I'm not really sure what to tell you.

I honestly wonder if some of the people who post on this board bother to scratch the surface of critical thinking.

I rep Lakers!

I know being Mr. Antagonist without offering any worthwhile posts or discussion matter is your 'thing' and all, and you seem to think I've got this deep rooted, seething hatred for the Lakers or something, but you might want to put some real thought into dropping the troll routine.

It's understandable that you're a casual fan and/or a bandwagon Lakers guy, but you don't have to compensate for your shortcomings this way. I'm sure anonymous strangers on an internet forum will learn to accept your bellicose ways eventually.
    Here are my thoughts that I posted on the second page of the thread

This must be really hard for Laker haters. We were supposed to be lucky with the 5-8th seed this year and now we are easily top 2/3 in the West & shedding salary every move we make. We are better but I will be interested to see how we click I think we can definitely beat SA because of our front court and it would be a dog fight with the Thunder. I still think the Lakers should sign Arenas to finish out the year and to let him audition for other teams. He hasn't played a game this year and made 20 mil so I could see him taking $750,000 from the Lakers to finish out the season. Lakers are getting better though there is no doubt about that
    And I don't even know what you post is about ....

But you have been playing Devil's Advocate and trying to undermine every single move the Lakers have attempted to make it's just funny to me though it's like some of you posters believe if write/post all of these things then they will come true.