Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Agree or Disagree: (On 11 Game WS) Popovich benches Tony Parker and Tim Duncan @ POR

tony and tim both played more than 37 minutes the night before the portland game. that's the whole point.

this is why they rested during the portland game instead of the denver game.

and i'm not sure that joseph, green, dawson, blair... line up gets it done even against that squad denver ran out last night. they looked good last night, but those guys play better when tim and tony are on the floor.

Banned

Default Re: Agree or Disagree: (On 11 Game WS) Popovich benches Tony Parker and Tim Duncan @ POR

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Let's be real here. The Spurs at this point are the most fragile NBA title contender. Will anyone disagree? We can have our big 3, but no Splitter? We don't win it. We can get wins in the regular season without Manu, but playoffs? No. We need everyone to be healthy, and obviously being at the top of the Western Conference and coming into a 7 game home stand we are in a great position to rest and be 100% healthy when the playoffs start.

Even with no Manu, Splitter out for a bit, and Tony and Tim rested that one game at Portland we still went 8-1 on the road trip. I was never really furious with Pop, I understand Timmy especially needs rest. And what's the point of having Tony out there with no Manu or Splitter either. Might as well give him some rest.

So, the whole ordeal did get out of hand. Obviously because the Spurs came out firing last night against Denver and it wasn't even a game most of the time.
    it-has-absolutely-no-relevance-on-being-healthy-for-the-post-season...other-than-a-freak-injury...thats-what-makes-absolutely-no-sense-to-me-more-than-anything-especially-when-Pop-tried-to-cite-that ....to-think-games-before-the-allstar-break-and-1-game-off-before-a-5~day-NBA-allstarbreak-is-relevant-to-the-post-season-health-of-players-is-absurd...a-5day-layoff-should-cure-any-tiredness-players-have...if-it-were-post-allstar-break-then-it'd-make-some-sense....something-most-other-coaches-will-probably-do-3/4's-of-the-way-into-this-season...hell-sit-them-out-for-practices-if-you-have-to-but-to-just-throw-away-a-game-when-you're-on-a-winning-streak-with-momentum...just-ughh ..he's-such-an-overcoacher...

and-Splitter-being-out-makes-it-worse-since-you'd-at-least-have-a-capable-big-still-in-the-lineup-if-you're-sitting-Duncan-out...Blair-is-undersized...and-Parker-has-been-on-fire-in-the-games-prior-to-it-as-well.

the-other-thing-is-Pop-has-sat-Parker/Duncan-earlier-this-year-due-to-the-2nd-unit-playing-well,even-whole-4th-qtrs-i-believe...i'd-love-to-see-what-Duncan/Parker-had-to-say-about-their-fatigue-prior-to-the-Portland-game-since-this-wouldn't-be-the-first-time-they've-wanted-to-play-but-Pop-keeping-them-out.