Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: give me the REAL scoop- do NBA players smoke weed?

I've smoked with a guy who plays on the Knicks who used to go to UW, at a mutual friends house in the seattle area back in the summer before he went to UW. hint hint.

When I was in HS I sold a lot of herb, I fronted a decent amount to one of my friends and he swore he was taking it to Rashard Lewis' house. Can't confirm that one, but I'd say it's likely Rashard's a smoker or has been.

I would venture to guess that every team in the league has 1-3 guys that clown around and smoke up in the offseason, but I sincerely doubt more than 10 guys are day to day smokers in the league. That **** taxes your body and lungs, you wouldn't be able to compete at their level being a heavy smoker.

As a Blazer fan I can tell you yes.

Rasheed Wallace for sure.

Damon Stoudamire got caught at an airport with it wrapped in aluminum foil.

Isiah Rider

Zach Randolph had weed leafs in his teeth he was so high when getting pulled over

Lamar Odem I have heard is a pot head too

SO yeah of course NBA players do, the losers mostly though.

Kareem said he use to smoke it back when he played to relive stress and pain. I agree with him 100% because smoking a nice blunt after you hoop or work out is extremely relaxing. Ayways, didn't T-Mac say he knows guys that toke up and still go out and drop 30pts? I believe I read it on this site. Also, on the Snoop Dog Puff Puff Pass Tour DVD, there is a part where Snoop says, "I'd like to give a shout out to my NBA smoke buddies. I ain't gonna say your name because Stern will be on that ass."
    Last edited by SCREWstonRockets; 07-18-2007 at 09:47 AM.

give me the REAL scoop- do NBA players smoke weed?
    does a bear sh-t in the woods?

Two players:

Robert "The Chief" Parrish
    James "Buddha" Edwards

Parrish also got busted for receiving pot through the mail.

Serious playground baller Wicked_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    As a Blazer fan I can tell you yes.

Rasheed Wallace for sure.

Damon Stoudamire got caught at an airport with it wrapped in aluminum foil.

Isiah Rider

Zach Randolph had weed leafs in his teeth he was so high when getting pulled over

Lamar Odem I have heard is a pot head too

SO yeah of course NBA players do, the losers mostly though.
    i can totally vouch for Zach randolph, d-miles and qyntell woods. i use to see those cats at a local club almost every weekend during the off season and during the season and those dudes would just be ripped out of there minds. I got some pics with Zach and D-miles and you should check out how lifted those guys look in the pics. When Omar cook was on the blazers squad too a couple years back he would always be with them but he always looked straight sippin on heinekens but Q, Miles and Zach would always looked straight bent with blood shot eyes! they even talk openly about it too, my buddy had a black & mild cig in his ear and Zach asked if it was a "blizzy" and said "lets puff homie". that was last year though......

I saw Miles at Greek Cuisina about 2 weeks ago (yes he has definately gained weight and looks like a chickmunk) and he was blazed, he was only with a female this time and she was fly!

Saw a basketball once southerndownfan's Avatar

hahaha...I remember during the playoffs watching one of the games cant remember which one but it was on tnt and during halftime , kenny , chuck, and the rest of the gang interviewed Baron Davis and J. Rich via satilite from J. Rich's house after their win over Dallas. Baron Davis looked and talked like him was lit up!!! hahaha.

But really, of coarse many Nba player toke...and yes the Nba does test but do you really think they are going to tell us which players fail drug test. Come on, this is big business here, Stern doesnt want anything to hurt the name. There are tons of detox products on the market anywhere from GMC to your local headshop. Players can use these just like anyone else in america does to pass UAs.

Saw a basketball once

I have blazed with Mario Kasun, Dirk, Peja, and C-Webb at this charity basketball tournament in Europe a few years ago. Hope this helps!!!!

Made that high school varsity squad

GP used to toke it up big time at Oregon. I have a 2 buddies who said they smoked with him on a few occasions.

Kareem has been a smoker since his UCLA days, and was caught speeding a few years ago with a quarter of sticky green sitting on the passenger seat.

Bill Walton used to attend Dead shows in the Bay area 15 years ago and was spotted plenty of times in "circles."

Made that high school varsity squad

On a side note, Sam Perkins looked perma-stoned.

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by dantin003
    I have blazed with Mario Kasun, Dirk, Peja, and C-Webb at this charity basketball tournament in Europe a few years ago. Hope this helps!!!!
    how did this come about?
    details please!

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjesus
    I've smoked with a guy who plays on the Knicks who used to go to UW, at a mutual friends house in the seattle area back in the summer before he went to UW. hint hint.

When I was in HS I sold a lot of herb, I fronted a decent amount to one of my friends and he swore he was taking it to Rashard Lewis' house. Can't confirm that one, but I'd say it's likely Rashard's a smoker or has been.

I would venture to guess that every team in the league has 1-3 guys that clown around and smoke up in the offseason, but I sincerely doubt more than 10 guys are day to day smokers in the league. That **** taxes your body and lungs, you wouldn't be able to compete at their level being a heavy smoker.

wait so you smoked with nate robinson? thats sick lil nates a pimp

Not airballing my layups anymore

I don't know what generation most of you guys are from or what part of the world, but I'm from a real small town in No. CA and I can tell you that probably around 80% of the people around here my age smoke. Probably about half that smoke on a regular basis. I hopped all over CA in college and it was pretty much the same thing.

The point is, I'm guessing weed is pretty prevalent in most circles and I don't see why the NBA would be any different. I would guess players aren't failing tests all the time because the NBA isn't useing any of the advanced tests cause they probably don't really care if their players are smoking weed and don't want them getting suspended and missing games.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    does a bear sh-t in the woods?
    Grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    u can beat a drug test with a "flush" u can get at places at GNC for like $50. i dont know how rigorous the testing in the NBA is and if this flush could beat that test, but i wouldnt be surprised. and of course the ones whove been caught with it have been smokin, which probably means that there are ways around it
    yea one of my co-workers is on probation for marijuana and he uses something like that and smokes a lot still but passes every test. and he gets tested every other day