Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Bennett's Weight Loss Transformation

I'm sure him being overweight didn't help his asthma or sleep apnea either.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    You can tell he's conditioned better by watching him in the games but I never really thought he looked fat...
    I agree that the impact his being out-of-shape was making at the beginning of the season was overblown because it was just a handy way for people to make fun of him.

More important to his rough start were the lack of minutes, lack of confidence, trying to adjust to the speed of the game, Brown's insistence that he play SF when he's clearly not a SF, and the whole team being a mess in general.

The extra weight definitely didn't help, but I think if he would have gone to a franchise that didn't care about its win/loss record this year with a coach who played him at the 4 and didn't care if he made some mistakes, his play would have improved almost immediately.

Thankfully, it doesn't look like all that garbage that he had to deal with at the beginning of his career hurt his confidence longterm. He looks unafraid right now, which is a huge step in the right direction.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I agree that the impact his being out-of-shape was making at the beginning of the season was overblown because it was just a handy way for people to make fun of him.

More important to his rough start were the lack of minutes, lack of confidence, trying to adjust to the speed of the game, Brown's insistence that he play SF when he's clearly not a SF, and the whole team being a mess in general.

The extra weight definitely didn't help, but I think if he would have gone to a franchise that didn't care about its win/loss record this year with a coach who played him at the 4 and didn't care if he made some mistakes, his play would have improved almost immediately.

Thankfully, it doesn't look like all that garbage that he had to deal with at the beginning of his career hurt his confidence longterm. He looks unafraid right now, which is a huge step in the right direction.
    I think he's going to end up top 3 in this class. He obviously has a lot to prove still but I agree that one of his biggest struggles has been a simple lack of confidence. Having found some I think he'll continue to play decent and he's gonna be a really nice player a few years down the line. Oladipo and Noel are the only two I see ending up better. And I'm almost certain the people labeling him the worst bust ever already are going to look like idiots.

From Hippopotamus to Elephant. GOAT transformation.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Not really. Please don't troll in a non-troll thread please. Thanks.
    look, i'm not trolling. i may be laughing, but i'm definitely not trolling.

it's true he's still fat. look at him.

Brilliant.

I chuckled

I couldn't see much of a difference between the first two pics, but the last one you can see it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    look, i'm not trolling. i may be laughing, but i'm definitely not trolling.

it's true he's still fat. look at him.

I didn't know he had tats

Can never understand how any player can get out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Can never understand how any player can get out of shape.
    Injury leads to inactivity. Add in youthful ignorance and bad eating habits due to the thousands of calories you usually burn playing ball and it's understandable.

Really? Because his trimming down is pretty apparent. You think he looks out of shape in the bottom pic?

It's even more apparent in the way he's playing. He's now scored double-figures in four of his last seven games, and had 19 points and 11 rebounds tonight on 6-9 shooting and 3-3 from three.

He is looking good.
    Are you Clippsfan86 reincarnated as a Cavs blowhard?

We don't see a difference. He's still fat. The Cavs are an absolute mess as well. Stop hyping Kyrie, he's a worse version of Stephon Marbury

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i really gotta disagree with the way you are painting that picture.. AB has only played a handful of minutes at SF and it seemed to only be done as a way to get him some more burn. The vast majority of the time he's at the 4 spot.

And frankly, i'm glad he plays for a coach who cares about those rookie mistakes. Kyrie Irving said it himself during the exclusive with Jason Llyod; that he wasn't held accountable the past two seasons and he's struggling to adjust to being accountable now. I think it's a philosophical debate with no real right answer and it depends from player to player, but there is something to bringing guys around slowly rather than throwing them in the fire.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

AB might be the strongest/largest 3 shooter I've ever seen. Dude has such a weird athleticism too it's pure strength.