Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Anthony Davis and His Family Disappointed He's Not Going To Charlotte

. Somebody smack this guy upside his fu**ing head and tell him that New Orleans is a SIGNIFICANTLY better situation for him! You don't say this kind of crap when you get drafted man.

[I]

Default Re: Anthony Davis and His Family Disappointed He's Not Going To Charlotte

there are actually people who want to play for charlotte
    wow just wow

Banned

Default Re: Anthony Davis and His Family Disappointed He's Not Going To Charlotte

I love how part of his reasoning is "my mom wanted me to go there", "my friends are in Charlotte". I've been both cities, and I much prefer Charlotte and is a whole lot nicer (other than Mardi Gras I suppose).

But from a basketball standpoint, New Orleans is CLEARLY the better choice. You've got a great player in Gordon, the 11th pick, and a new owner who will likely spend money AND a good coach. The fact that New Orleans won as many as it did WITH tanking at the end and with that roster without Gordon speaks volumes to me about Monty Williams.

As if playing for the freaking Hornets is a good prospect.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I like how he assumes he's the #1 pick. I'm sure other guys didn't just assume this, like he was talking about NO last night as though it was his team.

I know he WILL be number 1, just seems unnecessarily cocky to say that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    As if playing for the freaking Hornets is a good prospect.
    Hornets will win double the games that Charlotte will next year, which albeit still won't be a lot. That difference in winning/losing can really have an effect on the mentality of someone.

As if. Everybody in their right mind are calling him the #1 pick. EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    I love how part of his reasoning is "my mom wanted me to go there", "my friends are in Charlotte". I've been both cities, and I much prefer Charlotte and is a whole lot nicer (other than Mardi Gras I suppose).

But from a basketball standpoint, New Orleans is CLEARLY the better choice. You've got a great player in Gordon, the 11th pick, and a new owner who will likely spend money AND a good coach. The fact that New Orleans won as many as it did WITH tanking at the end and with that roster without Gordon speaks volumes to me about Monty Williams.
    Yup. BTW the pick is even better at number 10, not 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    Hornets will win double the games that Charlotte will next year, which albeit still won't be a lot. That difference in winning/losing can really have an effect on the mentality of someone.
    Who cares ? The Hornets are still a shitty team with no future.

NBA Superstar

i don't get or believe in the NO's hype. not saying they're worse than playing for the Bobcats, but some people act like NO's is going to be good soon which i don't see at all

Banned

[QUOTE=Clippersfan86] . Somebody smack this guy upside his fu**ing head and tell him that New Orleans is a SIGNIFICANTLY better situation for him! You don't say this kind of crap when you get drafted man.

[I]

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That doesn't mean it's better down the line. A Davis-Biyombo front line could have been one of the best shot blocking tandems of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i don't get or believe in the NO's hype. not saying they're worse than playing for the Bobcats, but some people act like NO's is going to be good soon which i don't see at all
    Jarrett Jack= good PG
    Eric Gordon= Potentially elite SG
    Ariza/Aminu= solid, nothing special
    Davis= One of the best prospects in years, best since Lebron and Griffin
    Okafor/Kaman= Both very solid centers

Then you throw in the 10 pick, tons of cap, great young coach and new, exciting owner? You don't need to believe but mark my words... New Orleans is going to be a great team in a couple years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Who cares ? The Hornets are still a shitty team with no future.
    They're never going to be a title contender, but there's a lot of potential in being a 50-50 team or better. Charlotte on the other hand, is going to be a perennial bottom feeder especially since there's no true star after Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Way to create a biased story, there are plenty of stories on ESPN about how happy he is to go to New Orleans and that he is stoked he gets to play in the city he won the national championship.
    Create a biased story? I posted an article I read