Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jimmer Fredette

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmer Fredette

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    While it is against the Warriors, who play terrible defense even in a regular season game that highlight video was impressive. I just thought about it a little more, Steve Kerr was useful in the NBA so why can't this guy be useful?

This league protects guards now even more than in the 90's. This kid can shoot off the dribble, a very useful skill.
    I agree. He can slash to the basket and is effective off the dribble. He won't be able to do some of the stuff he did in college due to the better athletes at this level but he can still nail some threes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    While it is against the Warriors, who play terrible defense even in a regular season game that highlight video was impressive. I just thought about it a little more, Steve Kerr was useful in the NBA so why can't this guy be useful?

This league protects guards now even more than in the 90's. This kid can shoot off the dribble, a very useful skill.
    The guy was drafted in the lotto and was one of the best college players of last year. You're making him sound like some bum off the street by doubting if he can be "useful."

Never saw much of Steve Kerr but Fredette is much more talented than Kerr. Jimmer is stronger, a better dribbler and can attack the basket better. If you really need a white comparison ,because afterall it is tough to make interracial comparisons lol, maybe something along the lines of Danny Ainge would be better.

Cheers.

kings fan

Mark Price?

Sugar K

havent had time to check out what jimmer is all about. is comparing him to mike bibby a fair comparison, or is jimmer more of a chucker

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    The guy was drafted in the lotto and was one of the best college players of last year. You're making him sound like some bum off the street by doubting if he can be "useful."

Never saw much of Steve Kerr but Fredette is much more talented than Kerr. Jimmer is stronger, a better dribbler and can attack the basket better. If you really need a white comparison ,because afterall it is tough to make interracial comparisons lol, maybe something along the lines of Danny Ainge would be better.

Cheers.
    disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter. May be a better passer. Based on what I have seen of Jimmer on the NBA level, he is one of the worst defenders to ever play in the last 10 years. I cannot think of one worst.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer

Cheers.
    Lmao Ainge was a hound dog... this PED clown is not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    Mark Price?
    my thought exactly. But too many young assholes dont even know who mark price is anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    my thought exactly. But too many young assholes dont even know who mark price is anyways.
    obviously you don't have any idea who mark price was...very ignorant comment

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter. May be a better passer. Based on what I have seen of Jimmer on the NBA level, he is one of the worst defenders to ever play in the last 10 years. I cannot think of one worst.
    Jimmer was a terrible defender on BYU but I think some of it is due to the fact he spent all his energy on offense. I think he will fare ok in the NBA. Everyone thought Redick (the other white boy) was going to be a terrible defender in the NBA but he's been average defender thus far. We'll see how he fares.

Kerr is most likely a better spot up shooter, Kerr is considered to be one of the best pure shooters in his era but Jimmer can better create his shot. Not sure about Kerr's defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    this.
    Amazing, considering it's preseason and he's yet to play a game.

i'm sure if he were black though you'd let it slide...given that the transition to nba level defense is a HUGE difference from college.

kings fan

Guys... I'm carefully rewatching every play of the Kings preseason game. It turns out that Jimmer Fredette played good team defense. If you don't believe me, please see these two posts where I go through the Kings' defensive breakdowns in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters:

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/show...l=1#post855169

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/show...l=1#post855204

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/show...l=1#post855218

He is really so smart. It's a shame that he has to play with defensive idiots. Can someone spam this on realgm, by the way? I'm banned there so I can't educate them.
    Last edited by cuad; 12-19-2011 at 05:47 AM.

He couldn't have ended up on a worse team, that is all I can say.

Needed to land on a team with more structure.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

A lot of rookies are not good defensively. He can become a good defender if he works on it. His shot looks really good.

I rule the local playground

he's not in good enough shape to be a really effective perimeter man-to-man defender. Especially given how he's not a naturally explosive player.

However this won't necessarily stop him from being a good system defender.

weezy f quote ' I got a chopper and a trimmer shootin’ like Jimmer '