Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Honestly, he probably doesn't.

They 've called this game like they call every local game
    He's horrible. He treats the spurs fans like they are little kids that need to be protected from any bad comments. And he's incoherent because he's so excited, he basically said that Memphis isn't hungry enough which is why they are losing. REally? What does that say about SA? I don't think that's the case at all.

Banned

Young

Learning to shoot layups Hoggle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    can anyone explain to me why Parker is handling the ball while Ginobili is on the floor?
    could be the half broken elbow, and the fact that out of the last 5 games ginobili has handled it in crunch time, he has turned it over 3 times

This has been a terrible night for Randolph and somehow we are still hanging around.

Epic choke in progress.

Banned

Game.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's horrible. He treats the spurs fans like they are little kids that need to be protected from any bad comments. And he's incoherent because he's so excited, he basically said that Memphis isn't hungry enough which is why they are losing. REally? What does that say about SA? I don't think that's the case at all.
    take it up with him man, he's a former spur that's a fan favorite. I got used to him years ago, I'm surprised he's on a national feed

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: spurs vs memphis game 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    Where are the spurs fanboys now? are they enjoying the last spurs home game of the season?

Book 'em Dan'l

i'll accept the win, but the spurs really need to work on their offensive execution between now and game 3. just horrible on several possessions. lack of ball movement. careless turnovers.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease spursrule's Avatar

I am surprised the game was commentated by local guys nationally. We love Sean Elliott & Bill Land in S.A., but I can see if you were a Memphis fan it would be annoying, kind of like watching the Lakers on ESPN, they are all such homers.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

I can't stand when ISHiots b*tch about the homer announcers. *Irony, I know* EVERY local team announcer is a homer. Stop complaining. That's just the way is. Every local broadcaster will be biased towards their team. I doubt he gives a shit about the game being on National TV. He's the commentator for the Spurs and will therefore root for the Spurs.

Lack of professionalism? Maybe, you could say the same thing for every local broadcaster out there. I was trying to enjoy the game thread and every now and then someone had to b*tch about the announcers. Give me a f*cking break. This isn't anything new, and your b*tching won't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    take it up with him man, he's a former spur that's a fan favorite. I got used to him years ago, I'm surprised he's on a national feed
    He sucks. (Note: i like him as a player, i know he's a good guy, i mean as an announcer.) I dont like how WE look right now. Its not WE. You are not on the ****ing team. YOu have not been for a long time.

Note: Its not just being a homer. He's not adding anything, he's almost incoherent in that he tries so desparately to not allow anything negative to come out. He's a shitty announcer.

Learning to shoot layups Hoggle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He sucks. (Note: i like him as a player, i know he's a good guy, i mean as an announcer.) I dont like how WE look right now. Its not WE. You are not on the ****ing team. YOu have not been for a long time.

Note: Its not just being a homer. He's not adding anything, he's almost incoherent in that he tries so desparately to not allow anything negative to come out. He's a shitty announcer.
    So you've never talked to you friend and said something like, "I cant believe we lost to the clippers" after a game? I'm sure 99% of the people on this board refer to their team as we when talking to friends, and Sean Elliot actually has a Spurs jersey with his name on it without the numbers being 0.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spursrule
    I am surprised the game was commentated by local guys nationally. We love Sean Elliott & Bill Land in S.A., but I can see if you were a Memphis fan it would be annoying, kind of like watching the Lakers on ESPN, they are all such homers.
    I liked it. Local commentators are all annoying except for the one's calling your team. But i think sean and bill werent that much of homers. It's obvious they want the spurs to win but then again they are not btchng much about the bad calls or non-calls against the spurs. Or maybe i just didnt notice it since i like those guys.

Ginobili was the difference. Had he been healthy and ready to go in game one, the Spurs would be up 2-0. Now they're headed to Memphis to play a team that's brimming with confidence. The Grizz have the big bodies to wear down the Spurs' bigs (Pop won't play anyone else other than undersized Blair off the bench, and Bonner is a 6' 10" shooting guard so he doesn't count) but the Spurs will steal one of the two.

The Grizz are limited by their post-season inexperience, as evidenced today in certain situation (turnovers).