Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone here still think the Pistons get better after the Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    You're a ****in idiot if you blame AI for the loss yesterday. Devin Harris was the reason the Nets won. Dude was on fire. And the Pistons' shot selection wasn't that great.
    Why should I blame at AI? It was him who gave the Nets the chance to beat Pistons in 2 years and we appreciate it very much.

Back to the topic, my explanation is that AI ruined the team's defense badly as you can see Devin Harris penetrated easily throughout the game(he was shooting outside jumpers mainly for the previous jumpers and the FG% was low). There are still supposed to be PGs who are better than Harris so expect those PGs to score 40+ pts on the Pistons frequently.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 11-08-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well what matters is the way they lose. The Hornets and the Celtics were simply not in their best form during the loss while the Pistons lost because their defense got worse, which is a serious problem even when they play at their best.
    As a Piston fan, their defense has looked like that with Billups. So I'll say Detroit wasn't at their best on defense, looks like I used the same excuse you did. Unbelievable, but you will probably disagree because obviously Iverson is going to stop Boone from getting garbage points in the paint all day.

Banned

Why should I blame at AI? It was him who gave the Nets the chance to beat Pistons in 2 years and we appreciate it very much.
    Does it matter what happens now? At the end of the postseason it will be the Pistons who have made the 7th straight EC finals or better and the Nets who have missed the playoffs yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    As a Piston fan, their defense has looked like that with Billups. So I'll say Detroit wasn't at their best on defense, looks like I used the same excuse you did. Unbelievable, but you will probably disagree because obviously Iverson is going to stop Boone from getting garbage points in the paint all day.
    Please read my edited previous post. I don't think Devin Harris would ever drop 38 on Chauncey Billups even at his prime.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Does it matter what happens now? At the end of the postseason it will be the Pistons who have made the 7th straight EC finals or better and the Nets who have missed the playoffs yet again.
    No he thinks Pistons will win less than 40 games and not make the playoffs. That's how bad he thinks Detroit is.

Decent college freshman

Please read my edited previous post. I don't think Devin Harris would ever drop 38 on Chauncey Billups even at his prime.
    You're giving way too much credit for Chauncey on defense. He is good, but he won't stop Devin Harris on a break, and he wouldn't have made much of a difference anyhow because whenever Stuckey tried to keep up with him the refs called a foul. As I said, Pistons lost to the Kicks last year. That shows you good teams lose to bad teams all the time. This Piston team will be looking a lot more sharp as they continue to learn to play together. Boone should not have had that many easy dunks in the paint, that isn't Iverson fault, it was Sheeds.

You couldn't be physical with Harris last night, and that's how Chauncey is best on defense.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Drawing conclusions from one game just doesn't work.

However, bigger picture wise, who thinks this isn't a great fit at the moment?

My main issue is how does AI's presence affect Rip. A guy who works that well off the ball is now playing with a guy who does and awfull lot of iso work. I mainly see Prince running the offense via flashes to the point. Then having both little guys run off screens, but I'm not sure how long that'll hold up.

I'm not sure Dumars is done here. I think he can move Rip for a decent piece, and maybe get a little younger and/or clear some cap along the way. Would the Lakers do a Rip for Odom deal? Rip would be a great weakside triangle player. Kobe would have to move up to SF, but with the size of Pau and Bynum up front, you could go a little smaller on the perimeter. I actually like the Odom fit in LA more than most, but I'm not sure how long it'll hold up with him on the bench. Detroit lops a year off in salary, as both make close to 11M per, with Odom expiring this year while Rip's is after next. That would clear 33M off the books for Detroit this offseason with both AI and Odom coming up. Detroit also gets to play a rediculously versatile front line of Odom/Prince/Sheed with AI and Stuckey. And if the Lakers and Odom seem to have really reached a crossroads, you may be able to pry out a pick, or maybe another young player even by throwing in an expirer like Hermann, or swapping one of their own young guys like Afflalo or Amir Johnson to get an upgrade with someone like Farmar.

I don't think I'd do it if I were the Lakers because I really like the Odom fit out there. But there's more to it than fit, and they may get tired of each other, and Rip may be viewed as a possible title piece.

NBA Finals

Its no coincidence that Harris had a career high game versus AI

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

I think the Nuggets got a better end of the deal basketball-wise(financially the Pistons did ok if they could sign Bosh though), but this thread is still useless.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Losing to the NJ Nets(which is considered a non-playoff team this year) successfully illustrates that this viewpoint is simply a joke.
    they did get better moron it is just 1 game..

Decent college freshman

Could someone tell me who was defending Gibson when he scored 31 points on Detroit in 2007? If it helps, that defender in returned only scored 9 points.

Decent college freshman

"Stuckey's the point, and Harris is the point. What we do here in Detroit, you guard your position. And when he comes into the game, Allen slides to the 2. and if Devin Harris is outplaying you, you're going to have to get better. That's what you're going to have to do -- play your matchup," Curry said.
    It was stuckey who was getting torched by harris...

The game would have gone to Pistons way if the below didnt occur.....
    Boone dunks many times...
    Kwame missed 2 free throws..
    second quarter when AI wasnt playing the team goes 1- 7 in shooting...

A win against celtics, and this loss means nthg...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Drawing conclusions from one game just doesn't work.

However, bigger picture wise, who thinks this isn't a great fit at the moment?

My main issue is how does AI's presence affect Rip. A guy who works that well off the ball is now playing with a guy who does and awfull lot of iso work. I mainly see Prince running the offense via flashes to the point. Then having both little guys run off screens, but I'm not sure how long that'll hold up.
    Now this is all fair critique. I'm not sold on the trade for this season either, but am withholding judgment until we see more. I think Dumars decided the team couldn't win a Championship, so dealt for AI figuring that even if it didn't work he'll get cap space once Iverson's contract ends.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    It was stuckey who was getting torched by harris...

The game would have gone to Pistons way if the below didnt occur.....
    Boone dunks many times...
    Kwame missed 2 free throws..
    second quarter when AI wasnt playing the team goes 1- 7 in shooting...

A win against celtics, and this loss means nthg...
    20 of his points came from free throws, Stuckey or Iverson couldn't do anything to keep up with him because they got called the foul. Iverson had 4 fouls and Stuckey had 5. Not even Iverson got to the line that many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It might not work out for them, but it's only one game, and their first game at that. It's wiser to wait before the deal is judged a failure.
    I'll wait 30 days to see how the team looks ~_^

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    useless thread...and stupid one..
    Indeed

Regarding last nights game,
    Interior defense was poor