Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Win or lose could Lebron win FMVP?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Unless Lebron is absolutely terrible tomorrow...he's going to win finals MVP...and he'll deserve it. He's been by far the best player overall. Yes, he struggled in 3 of the first 4 games, but you can't discount what he just did in those 2 games.

It was historic.

And, nobody even comes close to deserving it thus far on the Warriors.

So it's Lebron unless he plays like Kobe in 10 and loses. So he has to play just horrible and lose. Otherwise he's getting it and it will be a landslide...especially after a lot of people that vote feel like he deserved it last year.
    Nope, definitely not.
    He had three underwhelming games in this series and it would be extremely disrespectful to all winners of all time to credit the losing side like that.
    Like I said, I don't think even Bron would want that award in such circumstances, it's just a stain on the legacy.
    Curry deserves the mvp if GSW wins and he's close to 30 or has more.
    Klay can win it too if he drop his trademark Klay is hot performance

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Lol.
    Did you just say that lebron was good in 2014 finals?
    Jesus, some of you guys just lack any information of what is good in basketball -.-
    just try

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    The FMVP is not going to go to a player on the losing team. That happened one time, the first time they gave out the award, 47 years ago.

Some of you may have forgot that 4 out of 11 people gave him the FMVP last year. The majority of them gave it to the player who limited his efficiency. So
    I'm not sure where this "FMVP is not going to the losing player" statement is coming from.

Incidentally, I don't like giving out the FMVP to the losing team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Nope, definitely not.
    He had three underwhelming games in this series and it would be extremely disrespectful to all winners of all time to credit the losing side like that.
    Like I said, I don't think even Bron would want that award in such circumstances, it's just a stain on the legacy.
    Curry deserves the mvp if GSW wins and he's close to 30 or has more.
    Klay can win it too if he drop his trademark Klay is hot performance
    Nope...you are so wrong on this.

Curry does not deserve this award...like at all. And he's not getting it unless he's unreal good and Lebron is unreal bad.

It's just as simple as that...

He got 4 of the 11 votes last years...and he's literally been twice as good overall and nobody on the Warriors even has an argument at this point. JVG has a campaign going as well.

Nope...you are so wrong on this.

Curry does not deserve this award...like at all. And he's not getting it unless he's unreal good and Lebron is unreal bad.

It's just as simple as that...

He got 4 of the 11 votes last years...and he's literally been twice as good overall and nobody on the Warriors even has an argument at this point. JVG has a campaign going as well.
    I agree that he's twice as good as last year, but mainly because he was horrid last year and definitely didn't deserve a single vote for fmvp.
    Curry had two great games in G4 and G6, was good for the most part in G5 and great in G2 in the time that actually mattered, scored like 15 points in like a quarter and a half if not less.
    GSW were playing great without splash bros in G1 so he just didn't force the issue and player a great team game. Isignificant statistically, sure, but impactful and unselfish.

I agree that he's twice as good as last year, but mainly because he was horrid last year and definitely didn't deserve a single vote for fmvp.
    Curry had two great games in G4 and G6, was good for the most part in G5 and great in G2 in the time that actually mattered, scored like 15 points in like a quarter and a half if not less.
    GSW were playing great without splash bros in G1 so he just didn't force the issue and player a great team game. Isignificant statistically, sure, but impactful and unselfish.
    I'm just telling you what is going to happen;

1. I agree his play last year was absurdly over-rated

2. I agree that Curry has been better than people are saying

3. However, Lebron's last 2 games have been historic...his overall numbers in this series are now historic...and there is a feeling (doesn't mean it's right) that Lebron should have gotten it last year. JVG is calling it a joke that he didn't win last year every game...he has a campaign going...this influences people.

4. Like I said...Lebron has to play poorly and lose for this to even be a discussion. If Lebron goes for 30/12/9....he'll get 90% of the votes unless Curry goes for 60....regardless of outcome.

5. Lastly, Lebron has just clearly been the best and most valuable player in this series now overall...so it's not like he won't be deserving or people will be losing their minds by voting for him. That just isn't the case at all assuming something crazy doesn't happen tomorrow. But right now? It's clearly Lebron.

Bron wasn't horrid last year. Overrated? Yes. Dude basically averaged the same FG% as Kobe does for his career in the finals. It wasn't a '93 Jordan vs Suns series, but it wasn't a '10 Kobe vs Celtics series either.

Bron should and WILL get the award assuming he plays great next game. Win or lose. He's clearly been the best player this finals AND has thoroughly outplayed Steph.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen;

1. I agree his play last year was absurdly over-rated

2. I agree that Curry has been better than people are saying

3. However, Lebron's last 2 games have been historic...his overall numbers in this series are now historic...and there is a feeling (doesn't mean it's right) that Lebron should have gotten it last year. JVG is calling it a joke that he didn't win last year every game...he has a campaign going...this influences people.

4. Like I said...Lebron has to play poorly and lose for this to even be a discussion. If Lebron goes for 30/12/9....he'll get 90% of the votes unless Curry goes for 60....regardless of outcome.
    1.true
    2.very true.
    3.His G5 is historic, yes. But with the context of Iggy having huge back issues and still being put out there to guard bran and bogut being out G6 is simply not as great.
    4.A 30 point triple double isn't enough, he's put on a ridiculously high standard on himself with his last two statistical outings. I think he has to be near 40/10/10 to get consideration from casual viewers.

Though yeah, retard like JVG influence people.
    but wouldn't you agree that LeBron himself wouldn't want that award if they lose? To have more fmvps than to have rings is kind of like being a glorified loser, and I think Lebron is trying to push himself as far away from that label as he can

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Bron wasn't horrid last year. Overrated? Yes. Dude basically averaged the same FG% as Kobe does for his career in the finals. It wasn't a '93 Jordan vs Suns series, but it wasn't a '10 Kobe vs Celtics series either.

Bron should and WILL get the award assuming he plays great next game. Win or lose. He's clearly been the best player this finals AND has thoroughly outplayed Steph.
    10 Kobe was much better, he was playing some of the best defense of his life and was still the best player in G7, even with that game being the best defensive game in a long time.

1.true
    2.very true.
    3.His G5 is historic, yes. But with the context of Iggy having huge back issues and still being put out there to guard bran and bogut being out G6 is simply not as great.
    4.A 30 point triple double isn't enough, he's put on a ridiculously high standard on himself with his last two statistical outings. I think he has to be near 40/10/10 to get consideration from casual viewers.

but wouldn't you agree that LeBron himself wouldn't want that award if they lose? To have more fmvps than to have rings is kind of like being a glorified loser, and I think Lebron is trying to push himself as far away from that label as he can
    Dude...

1. Casual viewers don't vote...and if 4 voters voted for him last year...how are more not going to vote for him this year? Also, a big part of what you are missing is that the other votes might be spread out. Someone might vote for Klay, someone might vote for Green...etc...depending on what happens in game 7. So it might only take 5 or 6 votes of the 11 to win it.

2. It doesn't matter what Lebron would want...voters aren't going to care one bit about that...so that part of your argument makes no sense for this discussion.

3. Nobody thinks like you...well...nobody with a finals mvp vote is going to discount Lebron's last 2 games enough for it to even move the needle. That is another flaw in your argument...I'm telling you nobody with a vote thinks about this through the lens of "why Lebron's game wasn't as great as it seemed"...nobody

4. And in some ways...we agree. Lebron had 3 poor games in the first 4. It took him until game 5 to really start playing the right way and trusting his jumper. So I'm with you on that, and I hammered him for it when it looked like his lack of confidence in his jumper was going to be the downfall of this team yet again. However, then something special happened, and it was historic...and Lebron started playing the right way. And quite frankly...Lebron locked in with a jumper going might be the GOAT basketball player. I say this as a guy that hasn't been all too impressed at his progression as a player since 10. I thought he had a legit shot at being the GOAT back in 09/10 when his game developed. But Lebron with a jumper? He's as good or better than anyone in history when he's locked in on both ends like this. Other people see this...and it blows out of the water what anyone else in the finals can do. And so he's going to get rewarded for that...as he should...even if it took 4 games to find it. And it won't matter if it took 4 games if they win...but even if they lose man...what he's done in the last 2 games...it changes everything.

5. That is why game 7 really might be the biggest game in NBA history. It's very close...hell, it probably is. If Lebron plays great and wins...the noise ends forever. He's on the tier of the best ever....his flaws as a player...which he has...don't matter enough because they didn't prevent him from doing something historic. If he wins this series...he's going down as one of the best finals performers ever. He's going down as the 2nd best perimeter player in NBA history. Doesn't matter what anyone says after that...because nobody is gonna care about games 1-4, the 07 finals, 09 and 10, 11 finals, nor should they, if they win this thing with Lebron playing like this. Those things will only be brought up in comparisons to MJ...everyone else will be in the rear view mirror.

So...Cavs first title, beating Warriors 73 win team, first team ever coming back 1-3 in the finals...it's over for every perimeter player other than MJ. I might not fully agree, but it is what it is...flaws and all.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 06-18-2016 at 07:18 PM.

SexSymbol getting destroyed in my thread. I would have hoped he would vanish like the other kobetards.

1.true
    2.very true.

Teams win championships. How could you fault a player that goes balls out like LeBron has these last 2 games, but instead his squad happened to lose?

Last years finals, compared to Kobe in '10, Bron was the better passer, rebounder and scorer if we're talking about consistency. Yeah he couldn't hit his jumper...but he still managed to score in the paint effectively.

'10 Kobe shouldn't even be in the discussion. I only used the series as a point to say Bron didn't play as bad. When taking into account who he played with in last years finals, its just obvious. No offensive threats with the Love and Kyrie injuries versus Kobe who had several weapons on that end.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 06-18-2016 at 07:19 PM.

I usually hit open layups

He will win it if he gets enough votes.

Dude...

1. Casual viewers don't vote...and if 4 voters voted for him last year...how are more not going to vote for him this year? Also, a big part of what you are missing is that the other votes might be spread out. Someone might vote for Klay, someone might vote for Green...etc...depending on what happens in game 7. So it might only take 5 or 6 votes of the 11 to win it.

2. It doesn't matter what Lebron would want...voters aren't going to care one bit about that...so that part of your argument makes no sense for this discussion.

3. Nobody thinks like you...well...nobody with a finals mvp vote is going to discount Lebron's last 2 games enough for it to even move the needle. That is another flaw in your argument...I'm telling you nobody with a vote thinks about this through the lens of "why Lebron's game wasn't as great as it seemed"...nobody
    I'm not using what lebron would want as an argument for this discussion, it's just a though I've had.

Listen, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but in my opinion a player on the losing side should never be rewarded, it's just against the nature of the game

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Teams win championships. How could you fault a player that goes balls out like LeBron has these last 2 games, but instead his squad happened to lose?

Last years finals, compared to Kobe in '10, Bron was the better passer, rebounder and scorer if we're talking about consistency. Yeah he couldn't hit his jumper...but he still managed to score in the paint effectively.

'10 Kobe shouldn't even be in the discussion. I only used the series as a point to say Bron didn't play as bad. When taking into account who he played with in last years finals, its just obvious. No offensive threats with the Love and Kyrie injuries versus Kobe who had several weapons on that end.
    Kobe loses a lot of points for his game 7...and rightfully so, but Lebron's 15 finals really was not better in any real way.

He was single covered for a large portion of the finals and was gifted open looks from range. 47.7% TS is laughably bad...especially given how the Warriors guarded him.

Lets not turn this into Kobe vs Lebron, but you are over-rating Lebron's performance here and under-rating Kobe's.

Through 6 games of that series Kobe was at 30/7/4 56% TS.

Claiming Lebron's 15 finals were better really isn't going to hold up. I'm not saying Kobe was definitively better or anything, but arguing it in general is kind of pointless. Completely different circumstances and it's just hard to argue in favor of a guy at 47.7% TS with a 41% usage rate. That honestly makes it virtually impossible to win.