Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Rough night for Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    He was 6-13 in the first half for 16 points and only played a total of 10 minutes in the 2nd half, where in the majority of the time he was used as a decoy, he was on the bench as the Rockets went on a huge run... Harden had only like two threes on him and got basically half of his points from the line... But that's called torching nowadays...Harden only defended him once in isolation in the 2nd half, where his fadeaway rimmed out. Ariza was the main defender on him in the 2nd half and Kobe faced double teams every time he got the ball in the post, except for a couple isolation plays and late-shotclock bail-out jumpers when the offense couldn't move the ball.

But I wouldn't expect a B-level troll to know anything about the game or actually watch games.

I guess I should be flattered by the high standards his haters hold him to at the age of 36, he should be dropping 30+ every game and on above 50% shooting.
    In other words, he had 3 second half points

a total of 19 points on customary sub 40% shooting and getting shots drilled in his face as his team gets massacred at home

How did ISH's trolling level get so bad nowadays?
    I mean it gets worse every hour basically, step up, it's just embarrasing.
    We expect shitty trolling from dubeta and JT123, but all of you other guys at least try

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    How did ISH's trolling level get so bad nowadays?
    I mean it gets worse every hour basically, step up, it's just embarrasing.
    We expect shitty trolling from dubeta and JT123, but all of you other guys at least try
    They are so bad at it, too. Like, it's so obvious what they're trying to do and they get exposed at every thread, then the bitch nikkas use alts to agree with their shit takes. They have 0 ounce of basketball IQ and are fooling no one but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    In other words, he had 3 second half points

a total of 19 points on customary sub 40% shooting and getting shots drilled in his face as his team gets massacred at home
    He was the only one that could score a basket in the first half and kept it close enough for them to make a run in the 2nd half. Then they use him as a decoy in the 3rd quarter because he's attracting double teams, Lin and Boozer get in a groove and we come within a few possessions. Kobe gets subbed out and all of a sudden it's a 20+ point deficit in the 4th quarter, he plays some minutes, takes a couple jumpers and misses them, gets subbed after the scuffle with Dwight.

That's what really happened you bitch ass nikka.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    He was the only one that could score a basket in the first half and kept it close enough for them to make a run in the 2nd half. Then they use him as a decoy in the 3rd quarter because he's attracting double teams, Lin and Boozer get in a groove and we come within a few possessions. Kobe gets subbed out and all of a sudden it's a 20+ point deficit in the 4th quarter, he plays some minutes, takes a couple jumpers and misses them, gets subbed after the scuffle with Dwight.

That's what really happened you bitch ass nikka.

Oooh 6/17 + getting blown out by Howard and Co.
    Stay salty nizca
    Last edited by Mr Feeny; 10-29-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    While Kobe won't ever be the same player you do have to realize there is a degree of rust involved. Two injuries and it's been awhile since he played. It'll take a bit. Although he has some work ahead of him.
    Yeah but as the games go on he'll start to wear down at his age. The beginning of the year should be when he shines.

College superstar

Why do people keep saying he was getting doubled? He wasn't getting doubled. The Rockets were perfectly content allowing him to shoot 22 foot fallaway Js. He probably only got ~4-5 good shots all night.

Most people consider me a Kobe hater. But I felt bad for him last night. He has no team around him. He has completely lost his physical edge. And he is simply not going to be able to handle the nightly beatings they are in for. Phil spoke YEARS ago about how hard it was going to be for Kobe when he got old. And we are seeing it now.

Right now the Lakers are comfortably the second worst team in the NBA and the only asset in the entire franchise broke his leg.

I hope it was just early season rust. Its no fun to root against cripples.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Why do people keep saying he was getting doubled? He wasn't getting doubled. The Rockets were perfectly content allowing him to shoot 22 foot fallaway Js. He probably only got ~4-5 good shots all night.

Most people consider me a Kobe hater. But I felt bad for him last night. He has no team around him. He has completely lost his physical edge. And he is simply not going to be able to handle the nightly beatings they are in for. Phil spoke YEARS ago about how hard it was going to be for Kobe when he got old. And we are seeing it now.

Right now the Lakers are comfortably the second worst team in the NBA and the only asset in the entire franchise broke his leg.

I hope it was just early season rust. Its no fun to root against cripples.

What the hell are you talking about? He got doubles constantly... Rockets defense was focused on shutting Kobe out in the 2nd half. He made some plays out of double teams (one notable being the cross-court pass to Ronnie Price for 3 through a double team), he hit a tough shot over a double team in the first half, when he drove to the rim, he had 2-3 guys on him ready to block his shot, he was effective in the first half in getting to the line twice, had one transition bucket off a drive that Howard goaltended.

Problem was that we had horrible spacing in that game. Paint was crowded and all the defense was giving us were shots from mid range. I hope Byron adapts and we start shooting more threes, because we're not getting good looks inside and we're not getting to the line nearly as much as we should, 3pt shot opens the floor up for us.

It's only one game, but throughout the pre-season I've noticed how allergic this team is to shooting 3s, which is not good at all in today's NBA.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I miss MDA. At least we had something going on offense, right now the team looks lost out there. And it doesn't help that we're playing in Phoenix, they practically play the same way and are deep in PGs, might be in for another long night defensively. Then Clippers come next, then Golden State. This team could be 0 - 4 to start the season, if they fail to adjust or if Kobe doesn't go off for 30+ every night.