Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Duncan overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    It's overrated when one puts him in the top 6-10 all-time. Guys like Garnett, Elton Brand, and CWebb put up comparable numbers, but you never hear anyone putting them in the top 10 all-time. The only thing that really separates Duncan from those guys are rings...which really says more about the team's front office than you as an individual player. Put Duncan in Denver for the last 15 yrs with no rings and it's unlikely he'd be in anyone's top 6-10 all-time list.

Garnett, Brand, and Webber weren't nearly as consistent as Duncan. None of them are touching his interior defense either. Duncan leads all of them in points, rebounds, blocks and none them are anywhere near Duncan's number of double doubles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uber
    Are you serious? In Timmy's prime he was the freakin' system. If you rewatch some older spurs games you will immediately see a difference compared to today.

It's scary how many people don't realize this or pretend to ignore it. But most people here didn't watch basketball before 2005 so you can't blame them.

5 rings

If Duncan wins his 6th ring you have to start thinking of putting him over Bird and Magic.

Jordan
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Duncan

So top 5.

top 5 without no doubt, haters gonna hate

****ing shit, put Duncan in Minnesota from the start and he wouldn't even sniff Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    ****ing shit, put Duncan in Minnesota from the start and he wouldn't even sniff Top 10

Shaq without two of the greatest sg of all time
    Bill without a stacked team
    Jordan without Pippen / Phil
    Kaj without the two best pg of all time
    Magic without a stacked team and Pat
    Bird without a stacked team
    Lebron without collusion

the list goes on ...

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

I think he is rated just fine. He is definitely underappreciated by the masses though. No way Kobe should be given such a farewell tour and all-star votes when Duncan is still effective at an older age.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    If Duncan wins his 6th ring you have to start thinking of putting him over Bird and Magic.

Jordan
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Duncan

So top 5.
    I already have him over Bird and Magic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Well some posters have said they would take him ahead of Kareem, so I'll say yes he is slightly overrated.

The thing about Duncan, although he has been recognized as the goat PF since his 2005 ring, these top 5 talks came alive after 2013.
    If you have him in your top 5, the reason should be his prime. Not his final appearances or 2014 ring. It's like sayin KAJ is a better/greater player due to his 1988-1989 rings.

Even if you value accolades more than level of play, prime of a player (which is 10-12 years, plent time span for both level of play and accolades) should be the reason where you rank.

I know, longevity is one of the major criterias but c'mon. The talks are about top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Well some posters have said they would take him ahead of Kareem, so I'll say yes he is slightly overrated.
    Which posters have said they would take him ahead of Kareem? I don't see any. I see mention of Duncan up there WITH KAJ POST-PRIME.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Which posters have said they would take him ahead of Kareem? I don't see any. I see mention of Duncan up there WITH KAJ POST-PRIME.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=387700

Yes and he likes sucking on boys privates

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Jordan
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Duncan

So top 5.
    Wtf, how?

This is the shit I'm talking about, if Duncan is getting moved up dropping less than 10 pts a game while playing defense on the most depleted Big era in the league's history. Not even his Teams second best player.

Why the fucc is guys like Kobe getting shit for balling out of his mind in the 3peat with Shaq?

If 2014-16 has moved up Duncan up all time , what Bryant has been able to do with and without Shaq should put on the same level if not more so. A 22 year old kid once played in the Finals on a bum ankle and came up clutch in game 4 regardless after the Teams best player fouled out.

I'll take what Kobe was showing beyond his years and vs The Spurs BEST Teams than what Duncan is doing right now.