Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Throwback: When for 3-4 minutes the World thought the 2010 Suns would make the Finals

This was pretty crazy.. tell us about your reaction/feelings during this sequence. I read on it the next day.

Default Re: Throwback: When for 3-4 minutes the World thought the 2010 Suns would make the Finals

Probably the first year you started watching basketball

Default Re: Throwback: When for 3-4 minutes the World thought the 2010 Suns would make the Finals

Kobe wouldn't allow that:

33.7/7.2/8.3 on .521 FG%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk

33.7/7.2/8.3 on .521 FG%

Gawdbe

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Probably the first year you started watching basketball
    not even the first year... I was limited to highlights the next day and newspaper clipings... think about: time difference... germany... not even hitting puberty yet (few years before when you might maybe see an NBA highlight here or there on TV)...

and still made it through those surroundings

I was so obsessed with ball... I woke up an hour earlier than I had to before school, to stare at the screen watching live score updates on NBA(dot)com... I got thrills from that.

I wrote down every score of every game during the regular season on a piece of ****ing paper with a pencil, to get in touch with the teams and cities and try to figure out whos good and not....

A young guy with a heart for bball crazy dedidation. Admirable af.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    not even the first year... I was limited to highlights the next day and newspaper clipings... think about: time difference... germany... not even hitting puberty yet (few years before when you might maybe see an NBA highlight here or there on TV)...

and still made it through those surroundings

I was so obsessed with ball... I woke up an hour earlier than I had to before school, to stare at the screen watching live score updates on NBA(dot)com... I got thrills from that.

I wrote down every score of every game during the regular season on a piece of ****ing paper with a pencil, to get in touch with the teams and cities and try to figure out whos good and not....

A young guy with a heart for bball crazy dedidation. Admirable af.

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk

33.7/7.2/8.3 on .521 FG%

Always thought that series was Kobe's brightest hour

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Always thought that series was Kobe's brightest hour
    that one, or the '01 WCF.. or the '08 WCF, actually. So yea, 2 of his top 3 against the Spurs, IMO.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Kobe absolutely destroyed that team.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

thanks for the memories, AW!

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    thanks for the memories, AW!

Achilles injury sucked. I think he had a real chance at the all time scoring record.

That Suns team was sick. They had a triple overtime game that year that must have went past 2am EST. Nash and Richardson was one of my favorite backcourts ever. And Grant Hill was great at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kobe absolutely destroyed that team.
    Such a relief after that loss to the Suns in 2006