Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: How effective would Draymond Green have been against Rodman (in a series)?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Rodman was a crazy athlete, no one had stamina like him and NO ONE ever in the sport has been able to jump once twice three times for a rebound, Rodman could jump basically full height 3 times in a row. That and well he could hustle for as long as he was on the court, him and MJ being some of the hardest workers with mad stamina ever.

I don't know if Green is really a headcase or just dramatic, I think he is just dramatic, but Rodman got under the skin of anyone, Zo and Malone were very composed guys, so eventually Green would get really tired of the pushing, shoving, elbows, smothering of Rodman. If Rodman weren't on the Bulls I'd have hated seeing him on the opposing team.
    Agreed with you completely, and I am not even a Bulls fan (or Detroit for that matter, Lakers fan). Rodman is one of my all time favorite players, easily top 3.

His ability to jump and hustle are 2nd to none in my years of watching NBA (44 now, been seriously watching since about 13). I loved how he was able to play mind games with others, ability to get under the skin of players. Just so much fun to watch.

Youtube has a great documentary about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1D99aTNx6E
    Dennis Rodman - Beyond the Glory

Default Re: How effective would Draymond Green have been against Rodman (in a series)?

'96 Bulls Rodman would be an excellent power forward/centre in today's NBA, and with the advanced stats movement, he would be considered for MVP.
    His defence, rebounding, hustle and IQ on both ends has NEVER been seen before.
    And while rarely seen in his actual career, I believe he would have developed his 3 PT shot in today's NBA. Just my personal opinion of following Rodman for basically his entire career.
    Basic stats I could see something like 10/18/3, with all time elite defence and IQ.

It would be a competitive battle between Green and Rodman, but I see Rodman have greater overall impact.

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood
    Green is a great talent, any team would benefit greatly from having him. That being said, Rodman is an all time great. I believe that Rodman is capable of shutting down Green. Rodman is just so incredibly gifted, as an athlete he was one of the best, as a rebounder, he was the best, and he could defend just about anyone. (guarded from Jordan to Shaq effectively) Phil Jackson called him the greatest athlete he ever coached, and Bryant backed it up.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sp...el_Jordan.html

That being said, love watching Green play, the little engine that could. But I take Rodman.
    Worthy also said Rodman was the best athlete he ever played aginst.

As for the topic, I have no doubt Rodman makes Green snap at some point. The best version of Rodman to guard Green would be probably be the Piston's version imo. Green might play the 5 at times but he spends a lot of the time on the move, on the perimeter, creating for others and the p&r. The more athletic, mobile and quicker Rodman would be better for the job than the primarily post defending Bulls Rodman. Can't imagine how dominant a guy like Rodman would be in today's game as a rebounder and defender.

NBA lottery pick

Rodman's skill is rebounding, Green would pull him away from the basket reducing his best value. Today you can't get physical on the perimeter. So at least in today's rules Rodman's still an amazing defender, but Green plays against his better skills.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    As for the topic, I have no doubt Rodman makes Green snap at some point. The best version of Rodman to guard Green would be probably be the Piston's version imo. Green might play the 5 at times but he spends a lot of the time on the move, on the perimeter, creating for others and the p&r. The more athletic, mobile and quicker Rodman would be better for the job than the primarily post defending Bulls Rodman. Can't imagine how dominant a guy like Rodman would be in today's game as a rebounder and defender.
    Given he'd be asked to guard guys at the 3 point line, how many rebounds does he really get? 10-12? I can't see the 15+ stuff.

Rodman would get inside his fat head, and shut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Rodman's skill is rebounding, Green would pull him away from the basket reducing his best value. Today you can't get physical on the perimeter. So at least in today's rules Rodman's still an amazing defender, but Green plays against his better skills.
    Not true at all. Pistons Rodman was an ultra athletic, mobile and quick 3 who guarded mostly perimeter players. This was before he became a GOAT level rebounder. He was winning DPOY for mostly his D, not just his tebounding. It wasn't until he aged more when he moved to the 4 and started guarding in the post where he became a GOAT level rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Given he'd be asked to guard guys at the 3 point line, how many rebounds does he really get? 10-12? I can't see the 15+ stuff.
    Yeah but it's a small ball league. He won't have to compete with guys like Hakeem, Shaq, Barkley, Malone, etc. He would be going up against guys similar in size and with his nose for the ball, ability to box out, desire and stamina, he would get his. And a lot of 3s mean long rebounds.

Rodman would body him on the glass offensively and defensively. Draymonds playmaking would still be elite Rodman wasnt the best at taking away passing angles. Hes stronger and has quicker anticipation and footspeed than Draymond, was clearly more athletic, agile and coordinated as well. His motor was even better and hes just as tenacious as Draymond if not more so. Draymonds scoring would suffer but hed still average double digits

in a series hed prolly get like 12, pts 7 boards, 8.5 assists on meh percentages but hed still be playing DPOY defense
    Last edited by Hamtaro CP3KDKG; 04-07-2016 at 02:27 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Not true at all. Pistons Rodman was an ultra athletic, mobile and quick 3 who guarded mostly perimeter players. This was before he became a GOAT level rebounder. He was winning DPOY for mostly his D, not just his tebounding. It wasn't until he aged more when he moved to the 4 and started guarding in the post where he became a GOAT level rebounder.
    Defense and rebounding are connected. Rodman was 3rd in the NBA in total rebound percentage when he won his first defensive player of the year title.

I don't disagree that Rodman was a great defender, EVERYWHERE, but his strengths would not play into playing against Green. Green is not the type of player that Rodman would do the most "damage" to, is all I'm saying.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah but it's a small ball league. He won't have to compete with guys like Hakeem, Shaq, Barkley, Malone, etc. He would be going up against guys similar in size and with his nose for the ball, ability to box out, desire and stamina, he would get his. And a lot of 3s mean long rebounds.
    Or they'd move him to center? If Ben Wallace can do it...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    This. The guy wears his heart on his sleeves but I've never really seen him get out of control by his emotions. Idk what op is talking about. Maybe i missed something?
    I never stated he got out of control, but he has been on the edge noticeably many occasions over some of the most minor things. A guy like Rodman would tip him over.

With Rodman, u are talking ARGUABLY the greatest rebounding and defensive forward of all time. And Rodman was a freak athlete to boot. Rodman has the capabilities to totally take Dray out of the game scoring wise. Dray doesn't have the scoring acumen to overcome what Rodman could throw at him.

A huge part of Dray's game is being able to take PF's and C's away from the basket to wreak havoc. From there, teams have to downsize to keep up. Once they do that, Dray is too physical. With Rodman, NONE OF THAT SHIT HAPPENS!! At PF or C, Rodman could defend ANYBODY that the Warriors have. Don't get me wrong, Dray would still be droppin dimes. And with Rodman, Dray doesn't have to worry about scoring.

Rodman is a HUGE REASON why I would favor the Bulls over the Warriors. If the Bulls wanted to have Pippen at PF and Rodman at C to match the Warriors small ball, they could do that. Of they could go with Kukoc at PF and Rodman at C to go with MJ-Pip-Harper.

Rodman was able to check better players than Draymond in his day. It would be a good matchup. I don't know about the 'mind-games' thing, but he'd be effective.