Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cavs look better than GSW

For all that talk about how far and wide the margin is between these two teams and the Warriors being "historically" great and blah blah blah BS

The two games I've watched here so far Cleveland looks like they're in control of these games and for the most part it seems like the Warriors keep playing catch up. Mind you these first two have been in Golden State.

Am I the only one seeing Cleveland being a lot better than people are giving them credit for?

Default Re: Cavs look better than GSW

They're surprising for sure. Especially since LeBron has seen better days.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    For all that talk about how far and wide the margin is between these two teams and the Warriors being "historically" great and blah blah blah BS

The two games I've watched here so far Cleveland looks like they're in control of these games and for the most part it seems like the Warriors keep playing catch up. Mind you these first two have been in Golden State.

Am I the only one seeing Cleveland being a lot better than people are giving them credit for?

nah dude lebron is legit playing at a ridiculous level right now. GSW still hasn't found their rhythm though.

-- Not a lebron stan

Warriors are overrated historically but theyll still win. Houston looked better than GS the first 2 games too

The difference is when Lebron is on he's on. But then the second he waivers the Warriors are clearly the better team. He's been terrible and tired in the 2nd half and the Cavs have no other options.

So far he has done just enough to give the team a chance in both games.

If the Cavs want to win the series he will need to win at least a game or 2 single handily. Not these half jobs he's put in so far.

Lebron plays good for 3 quarters and then he chokes when the game is on the line. This results in the other players stepping up.

Delly AT HOME with his confidence level as high as it is?

JR due to hit 8-12 3's in the next 2 games at home?

It's anyone's game. At least we have an interesting series.

warriors could easily be down 0-2 right now

Like I said before, they seem like a boom or bust team. When the 3 point shot is not falling, they seem lost and they start chucking on offense. That's why they could win the next 3 games by blow outs, lose the next 3 games by blowouts, or win a grind out series in 6 or 7. This series is so unpredictable because you don't know what GS team will show up. On paper GS should dominate this series with Cleveland relying so heavily on 1 player, but Cavs have definitely looked like the better team.

Plus LeBron has been lights out besides in crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs510
    warriors could easily be down 0-2 right now
    And they could just as easily be up 2-0 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    nah dude lebron is legit playing at a ridiculous level right now. GSW still hasn't found their rhythm though.

-- Not a lebron stan

Are they out of rhythm because of themselves or because Cleveland is giving them a hard time? That's what I'm saying dude. Cleveland is giving it to them.

I wouldn't say looked better but GSW are being exposed a bit. They're offense relies too heavily on 3's and when they're not falling it's not a pretty sight.

Are they out of rhythm because of themselves or because Cleveland is giving them a hard time? That's what I'm saying dude. Cleveland is giving it to them.
    Well they missed a lot of open looks too. I guess the answer is both. Once they start chucking, they lose all confidence in their 3 pointers and keep shooting them anyways.

Cleveland's defense has been lights out, but GS' offense is being exposed as predictable.

Local High School Star

The way GS looked in Games 4 and 5 vs Houston should have told you they would not run all over cleveland in the finals

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

They are playing to Cleveland's tempo

I think there was a point with like 2 minutes left in the 3rd and neither team had 60 points

Think about that... GSW under 60 near the end of the 3rd

It was an overtime game under 100 pts on both sides. That pace favors cleveland for sure

Warriors tried to really push it in the first 2 quarters, but it didn't really work out

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Well I think there's two ways this could play out -- it could be like the Memphis series where GSW makes some adjustments, finds their rhythm and obliterates the Cavs...

Or they could fail to find a rhythm and we could be looking at a long series with a bunch of ugly but exciting games and Lebron will decide who wins.

I'm actually hoping for the 2nd scenario as an NBA fan -- coaching battle will go a long way to determine which scenario. I still think on paper GSW does indeed have a huge talent advantage, but I agree with your OP that Cavs have been in control of the majority of games 1 and 2.

I'm definitely gonna be watching