Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #46
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Knicks Summer League

I really don't see any dominate great players YET.....I said yet. Nobody jumps out at me.

I see a lot of potential. Just no Jordans or Duncan's, maybe a lot of good players, time will tell.

You really can't say either way because in reality nobody knows.

If they did they would be better than most of the GM's in the NBA. It's a crap shoot even with the first pick.

They never know, we don't know and I certainly don't.

Look at past drafts, Jordan wasn't the first pick. Dwyane Wade was middle first round, Kobe was #15 and the Nets passed on him.

So we don't really know do we............we're just expressing our feelings, so there is no right or wrong, is there?

If anybody here can say 100% without a doubt I have a few grand and a car, let's go to Atlantic City with your crystal ball and make fortunes for ourselves.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #47
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I'm liking what i see in Randolph Morris i'll tell you that right now.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #48
spree8149
Learning to shoot layups

morris def showed signs of good low post play and rebounding but the last game against the kings he didnt play that well. he needs to work on his foot work and be more assertive in the post. too many times he tried to power his way in and got called for a travel or take a bad shot. he kept doing the same move shoving his elbow into the defenders ribs. but i think by the time the season starts hel be fine and get those things fixed cuz he does have a good low post game.
spree8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #49
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Curry used to do the same thing, he looks like Curry did.

I listened to Mark Agguirre and that's the way he teaches them. It's a process, first learn to get into the low post and make a move then refine your moves.

So at first your going to see a lot of offensive fouls by Morris until he gets all the little nuances. Like footwork and using his body better not just bulling his way in and use his elbows.

He seems to have a better knack for rebounding than Curry and seems to want to clog the lane on defense. So if he can do that GREAT!!!! Let the scoring come later. He wants to get better, bottom line is big men are hard to find and if he becomes a good center he knows he can turn that to cash!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #50
knicks15
Local High School Star

oden is tabbed the best big in the draft since duncan, durant is supposed to be star, what kinda star is uncertain. wade was the 5th pick, behind lebron, darko, carmelo, and bosh. and kobe was 13th, he was going to be picked 8th by the nets but kobe said he wouldnt play for them
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #51
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Kobe picked 13th, that's pretty funny, so much for scouting.

I really do not like Carmelo and he has won nothing.

But they said Frye was soft, boy was he soft.

Like I said it's a crap shoot.

Oden might turn out to be great. I remember Patrick Ewing in his first year, he was great from day one. Nobody even knew he could become the offensive force he was.

I just don't see any Ewings or Jordans or LeBrons in this draft. A lot of guys with potential and a lot of players with similar VALUE as a draft pick.

I would NEVER have chosen Yi. That GM should be fired, he didn't even watch him.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #52
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Yi will be a player. May not develope into an All Star but will be a solid face-up PF for some time.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #53
j Fresh
Local High School Star

the Bucks didn't even do scouting did they? they just figured they'd go for the next best player.. I think Yi will be a good player but no Kevin Garnett ROFL.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: