Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Your all going to miss "Him" when he retires

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    i don't see another goat caliber player on the horizon thats why im so worried.These last 5 years of lebron career will go by like a blur.
    Due to their rare blend of physical traits, natural talent, and mentality, Durant and Davis both have that kind of potential. Then I'd say there's probably (at least) one in the upcoming NBA draft.

I think the league is in good hands with KD. He's just not Kobe, certainly not LeBron.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I think the league is in good hands with KD. He's just not Kobe, certainly not LeBron.
    He lacks the creativity as a playmaker. 2001 Kobe Bryant (forever will be my favorite season of him, he improved leaps fold offensively this season and played team ball and averaged 31/7/6/51% in the playoffs) and I will stop trolling, I do think Lebron is a great player but I'm an "irrational" hater, I really liked Lebron via Cavs more than the Heat (for the 2011 decision and him not coming to the Knicks ). I respect Lebron's playmaking skills, he turned a bottom feeder without him in the East as a consistent 1 or 2 seed and gave the 2008 Celtics a great run in the playoffs despite a few lopsided boxscores. He at least kept the playoffs interesting even though he didn't make the finals from the East back in the day.

Lebron will be 30 this year, it's pretty ****in depressing imagining the league without him in a couple more years.

I doubt we will see another Kobe/Lebron type competitor that is elite on both ends for a while. Davis is freak of nature, but Idk if he can carry a team deep into the playoffs on his own. Durant is nowhere near Lebron or Kobe as a complete basketball player, his defense and playmaking ability is pretty mediocre. He still has issues figuring out his game, falls on his ass and loses the ball too often in crucial situations, settles for too many long jumpers. I am never scared of KD destroying teams on his own when he steps on the court, he doesn't have that intimidation factor peak Kobe/Lebron have.

Maybe if Wiggins lives up to his hype he can be the next Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Maybe if Wiggins lives up to his hype he can be the next Lebron?
    Bro, LeBron was a more skilled basketball player as a Sophomore in HS than Wiggins is now. The rest of your post, I totally agree with. Truly. KD can carry the league, he just isn't in the LeBron / Kobe tier. Pair either one of those guys up with a Westbrook caliber talent, and competitor. And they're in the Finals every season. As LeBron has showed since joining Wade in South Beach. As Kobe showed when he was gifted Gasol by undercover Laker, Jerry West.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Bro, LeBron was a more skilled basketball player as a Sophomore in HS than Wiggins is now. The rest of your post, I totally agree with. Truly. KD can carry the league, he just isn't in the LeBron / Kobe tier. Pair either one of those guys up with a Westbrook caliber talent, and competitor. And they're in the Finals every season. As LeBron has showed since joining Wade in South Beach. As Kobe showed when he was gifted Gasol by undercover Laker, Jerry West.
    Lebron+Westbrook could be so scary, as Russ showed with the Fiba/Olympics team and when he slides to SG at times, he can play off-ball. His cuts are and movement to penetrate the paint are still there, Lebron would find him so easily. Their combined athleticism on the fastbreak though.

Though Kobe+Westbrook I have harder time picturing, they would choke each other in the locker room.

I still hope Westbrook ends up in Pop's hands so he can mold him into even better player and make him even deadlier.

Yeah I am going to miss the great Kobe Bryant when he retires.