Sons of Anarchy
    Bates Motel

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Hannibal is a Top 3 show.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101

What are your top 3 shows by the way?

True Detective
    Homeland
    Game of Thrones (losing interest though)

Black Sails on Starz is slowly creeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    http://www.avclub.com/search?feature...he-walkthrough

Bryan Fuller's been following every episode with a walkthrough where he talks about working on the episode and his plans for the series. Re-reading it, I misinterpreted a question...the interviewer asked if there's enough material if they make it to six or seven seasons, and Fuller said there's a ton, but I was wrong about it being planned out. Season three is DEFINITELY planned out though, according to this quote:

Also, I think in every walkthrough so far he's been pumping up episode five, which is leaving me anxious for Friday to come around.
    The first episode had a flash-forward of Jack and Hannibal fighting two weeks into the future, maybe now that he sees Hannibal was aware of his wife's plans for suicide, and the disappearance of Beverly(she won't get out of that house alive) he will start diggin and confront him. I think that's what will happen in episode 5.

Ah, that is very interesting, thanks.

What do you think of Dr. Du Maurier? I found her just
    Last edited by Suguru101; 03-25-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    True Detective
    Homeland
    Game of Thrones (losing interest though)

Black Sails on Starz is slowly creeping up.
    Game of Thrones is just about to get crazy, don't leave now. True Detective i gave my thoughts on the first page but i can see why. Homeland? What? The second and third season have not been very good, the third season even painful some times. But oh well, lets agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 03-25-2014 at 02:08 AM.

It'd be really good if they could get the rights to Silence of the Lambs too, but I'm sure they can move on the Red Dragon stuff after this current arc is finished.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Game of Thrones is just about to get crazy,
    I don't know how anyone could lose interest after season 3 though? Once I saw the red wedding I couldn't wait and ended up buying and reading all of the books. But season 4 is going to be mental. Everything so far has been building to this point. All the pieces are in play now and it is going to go off.

I think I am on episode 6 of Season 1, the show is amazing but holy shit you need to watch it with an empty stomach. Some of the scenes make Saw movies look like family cartoons.

If anyone is looking for a something to watch I would recommend Justified, FX shows are usually quality. They offer some good stuff to hold off until the HBO/Starz series come back.

Did you see that banned episode too? The one you can only find online.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    I think I am on episode 6 of Season 1, the show is amazing but holy shit you need to watch it with an empty stomach. Some of the scenes make Saw movies look like family cartoons.

If anyone is looking for a something to watch I would recommend Justified, FX shows are usually quality. They offer some good stuff to hold off until the HBO/Starz series come back.

From what I read, the episode on-line didn't contain the banned stuff which involved school kids being brainwashed into commiting murder, which was deemed "inappropriate" due to the Boston bombings.

They originally aired Ep 5 instead and the stuff put up online was from the banned episode, but was only the stuff that moved the story along and not the "murder of the week" stuff that involved the school kids.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    From what I read, the episode on-line didn't contain the banned stuff which involved school kids being brainwashed into commiting murder, which was deemed "inappropriate" due to the Boston bombings.

They originally aired Ep 5 instead and the stuff put up online was from the banned episode, but was only the stuff that moved the story along and not the "murder of the week" stuff that involved the school kids.
    That was silly they didn't show the episode, it was a huge stretch it was related. BTW, they do have rights to Silence of the Lambs, the person who writes the show said so. His plan if allowed to continue would be a season of Red Dragon and a season of Silence of the Lambs, albeit his take on it.

People should watch it, this season is awesome. It got more pulpy (more horror cliches) but it's a great hour of TV, it's really unlike anything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I don't know how anyone could lose interest after season 3 though? Once I saw the red wedding I couldn't wait and ended up buying and reading all of the books. But season 4 is going to be mental. Everything so far has been building to this point. All the pieces are in play now and it is going to go off.
    The Red Wedding is kind of like the Cersei and Jaime scene in the first episode, it's make or break for some people. Some depended on the Starks to enjoy the show, and they leave after it. Others enjoyed it for other reasons.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 03-25-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton

What stuff affected you the most? The only thing that really had me kind of looking away is the bee killer in Season 2, there was an incredibly tough part.

I did see the banned episode, they played it safe but it really wasn't all that much to connect to the bombing. The episode itself wasn't a can't miss but it still sucks that there are some people who will never see it.

What did you guys think of episode 5? It was so consistently good from start to finish; great start, the reveal of what happened to that character was expected but it still hit me, and the acting of Jack Crawford was top noch. There were no slow parts or anything that dragged on...

This was a very good episode. With that said, i'm already yearning for the return of Dr. Du Maurier, **Spoilers- and i was just beginning to really enjoy Katz, she was getting more time and she had good chemistry with Will.- Spoilers**

The way Will's storyline is going is majorly making up for it though, he is becoming an amazing character.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 03-30-2014 at 01:08 PM.

What did you guys think of episode 5? It was so consistently good from start to finish; great start, the reveal of Kat was expected but it still hit me, and the acting of Jack Crawford was top noch. There were no slow parts or anything that dragged on...

This was a very good episode. With that said, i'm already yearning for the return of Dr. Du Maurier, and i was just beginning to really like Katz.

The way Will's storyline is going is majorly making up for it though, he is becoming an amazing character.
    It was great. It's getting consistenly better. It actually got good ratings for once too.

What happened to the character it happened to (deliberately vague) at the beginning of this episode was as ****ed up as anything I have ever seen on TV. My god...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It was great. It's getting consistenly better. It actually got good ratings for once too.

What happened to the character it happened to (deliberately vague) at the beginning of this episode was as ****ed up as anything I have ever seen on TV. My god...
    I forgot to add spoiler signs, my bad.

Yeah, it had a 1.1, which was better than the Season 1 Finale.

The reviews and media buzz its getting have hoping it will get nominated at the Emmy's. If this thing gets nominated for something, anything, it will firmly plant it into the awareness of most TV critics, whose readers will then start giving it a chance. I really, really want this show to be renewed.

Whats your take on the episode only showing the end of "her"? I actually wanted to see the fight/chase, if only because she saw something that made her stop, which i believe could be Abigail... either dead or alive(only missing an ear).

Oh and Jack... he's shifting over to the Will side. Well, he was until Will got himself an envoy.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Shows like this should be on cable networks, if it ain't your typical cop show, it's not lasting more than 2 seasons on networks like NBC.
    This is what's stopping me from even getting into this show, as unfair as that sounds. I don't have faith in the major networks to put out interesting dramas. The feel and atmosphere of these shows seems so tame and superficial compared to what you'd see on HBO or Showtime.