Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Detroit and Boston offering Tobis Harris near max deal

Woj reports that they both plan to offer near max or max deals to Harris. I wonder if orlando match it because i don't really see him as worth that much but at the same time it's a waste letting him walk as those teams don't need a sign and trade to get the deal done with their cap space

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Detroit and Boston offering Tobis Harris near max deal

I think it will help ORL in the end not to match it. So what, you get nothing in return, but you drafted a skilled 6'8" wing in the draft. I think Mario is going to play well on the magic, only issue is there's only one basketball. Payton, Oladipo, and Hezonja are all ball dominant guards (Oladipo could play off ball, but his whole rookie year they played him as the point really).

The only reason they'd keep Harris is to slide him up as a stretch 4, right? Plus his D is suspect, along with Vuc in the middle there wouldnt be much in the form of rim protection.

How do you think Aaron Gordon will develop? Do you like him? I'm curious to hear from a Magic fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler
    I think it will help ORL in the end not to match it. So what, you get nothing in return, but you drafted a skilled 6'8" wing in the draft. I think Mario is going to play well on the magic, only issue is there's only one basketball. Payton, Oladipo, and Hezonja are all ball dominant guards (Oladipo could play off ball, but his whole rookie year they played him as the point really).

The only reason they'd keep Harris is to slide him up as a stretch 4, right? Plus his D is suspect, along with Vuc in the middle there wouldnt be much in the form of rim protection.

How do you think Aaron Gordon will develop? Do you like him? I'm curious to hear from a Magic fan.
    I hated gordon until i saw him play. He improved his shooting last season and had a big free throw % jump. There's been videos of him hitting threes in the gym all off season too. I don't think he'll be a great player but I'm expecting him to be one of those glue guys who can legit defend all positons on the switch and does abit of everything in the flow of the game

Near max is what Parsons got no? Just one year less (3 vs 4). I think he would fit in Boston. Can Mario Hez play SF in Orlando?

I'd match it. He's 22. That is so young. This guy could be an all-star. He's got a nice trajectory. Plus, it wouldn't be too bad of a contract in a few years, anyway.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Tobias getting a near max deal?

This is why OWNERS & GMs need to get their head examined. They talk about players are making too much and they are the ones over paying players. Sorry. Tobias is not a max contract player.

He doesn't put butts on the seats, not a franchise player, barely even a first option on a lottery team.

The doesn't resemble a max player. Stats are numbers only and giving Harris a max contract is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

This is why OWNERS & GMs need to get their head examined. They talk about players are making too much and they are the ones over paying players. Sorry. Tobias is not a max contract player.

He doesn't put butts on the seats, not a franchise player, barely even a first option on a lottery team.

The doesn't resemble a max player. Stats are numbers only and giving Harris a max contract is a terrible idea.
    Yeah but the guys who fall under that get paid more than what Harris could

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah but the guys who fall under that get paid more than what Harris could

but they are talking about a max contract.

Max contract is a max contract which means he is getting paid every single dollar he can.

If they are getting paid more then the potential Harris Max contract is because they have met certain criteria and or have longer NBA Experience.

Is he good? Can Cavs get him?

doesnt he get a max nike contract if he goes to LA NY or boston

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

they're not giving him that money because of what kind of player he is now.

Harris could def be an allstar in 2-3 years if he's put in a good situation.

he should go to boston they could teach him defense or Detroit under SVG would be a good choice aswell...meanwhile Orlando's still thinking that Aaron Gordon is a superstar in the making

So now teams are handing out max contracts on potential?

Cali Love

^^it also helps that he averaged 17/6 this season

not a fluke either because he's been doin it for 3 years now

lamarcus alridge is what? already 30 and he's getting paid this summer...you're tellin me a 22 yo harris barring injuries won't put up alridge number 22/10 in a couple of years?

and the near max for Harris should be around 15-16 mill which will be a good deal when the cap blows up in 2017.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm not saying not to max this guy but I wonder if Ainge is getting nervous about getting something out of the cap space and/or extra draft picks and redundant combo guards. They should try to work something out with Philly for Noel or Embiid.

Banned

One point to remember though is that a max deal now won't be a max deal once the new salary structures come in to play