Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Chicago trade Taj Gibson for guard?

Now that they've drafted a young PF in Bobby Portis and already have Niko who is in line for an increase in minutes, should Chicago use Gibson as trade bait for a legit big guard that can back up both guard positions? I'm tired of the tiny backup PG experiments and Hinrich just doesn't cut it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Should Chicago trade Taj Gibson for guard?

From what ive been reading Hoiberg is big on early transition post ups and id like to see what Taj can do in a system that will encourage him to get down the floor first and get good position. Bigmen never do it anymore...but it still works. And depth isnt a problem for me. Too many good bigmen isnt something im concerned about when two of them are getting old.

College superstar

I will say this until I'm blue in the face... Pau needs to be traded.

His trade value is currently much higher than his actual value to the Bulls. A contending team will 100% give up a legit guard to get Pau, or a solid backup guard and solid backup big for Pau.

There is no excuse for Chicago to avoid trading one of their bigs after drafting Portis.

None.

The onus is on the management to get value back for I'd say Noah. Perhaps Bulls could work on a mid season deadline trade for Gibson later on.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I will say this until I'm blue in the face... Pau needs to be traded.

His trade value is currently much higher than his actual value to the Bulls. A contending team will 100% give up a legit guard to get Pau, or a solid backup guard and solid backup big for Pau.

I agree with you here, but there is a Bulls fan witchunt for anyone even suggesting we get rid of Pau

Noah's value is low atm, we might be better off trying trade him midseason, once he's shown that he's come back from injury and playing better to up his value.

College superstar

Only problem I have with trading Noah is he is a great defensive big. And he's mobile enough to defend smaller players for those teams that go small. He should stay. Taj and Pau are the only two that should be traded (short of awesome deals, of course) but, of those two, Pau is my choice.

And you are right about the witch hunt. I get flamed for suggesting it. Whatever. The right thing is not always the popular thing.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Only problem I have with trading Noah is he is a great defensive big. And he's mobile enough to defend smaller players for those teams that go small. He should stay. Taj and Pau are the only two that should be traded (short of awesome deals, of course) but, of those two, Pau is my choice.

And you are right about the witch hunt. I get flamed for suggesting it. Whatever. The right thing is not always the popular thing.

uh...witch-hunter here checking in....cough, cough...umm...so like....Noah and Mirotic are really all the Bulls need to win big these next couple of years? hmmm....yeah, I just don't...

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Taj for Calderon

Who says no??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Taj for Calderon

Who says no??

Me.

This whole issue is so funny to me. There is no way that having a depth or good rotation of bigs is a bad thing. It has to be one of the best things going for Chicago.

I thought that everyone else in the World decided that the problem was a coach that was an offensive idiot that made all of our guys play too much? What exactly has happened to change that thought since the season ended?

I want to see these players brought back to play in this new system. Once that happens, then we really can see and say who should stay and gets kicked out the door.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Yeah, Taj is getting up there in age and has battled injuries. Log jam with our bigs and Taj deserves to start, things always got in the way for him.

Taj for Lou Williams doesn't sound too bad, combo guard who can space the floor, but are we done with undersized PGs? Toronto needs a decent big to pair up with Valanciuas. Wes Mat would be perfect to add as a wing but his asking price is a bit too much and his recent injury was pretty major.

Can't help but to be excited for the upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    This whole issue is so funny to me. There is no way that having a depth or good rotation of bigs is a bad thing. It has to be one of the best things going for Chicago.

I thought that everyone else in the World decided that the problem was a coach that was an offensive idiot that made all of our guys play too much? What exactly has happened to change that thought since the season ended?

I want to see these players brought back to play in this new system. Once that happens, then we really can see and say who should stay and gets kicked out the door.

It's a good thing, you're right.

The issue here is, while we maintain big man depth, we neglect other areas that could be filled by trading one or two of our bigs.

No one would ever say big man depth is a bad thing, but if that means that we leave glaring holes elsewhere, then that is a problem.

the same bulls fans that would trade pau over taj or noah, are the same fans that believe jimmy butler can lead the bulls to a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    the same bulls fans that would trade pau over taj or noah, are the same fans that believe jimmy butler can lead the bulls to a championship.

You do understand that Pau hold high trade value at this point in time right?

Sure, Noah might seem the most logical player to trade after last season, but he may not bring back the value we need after a poor season.

Which is why we have to look at Pau. Not only is his value high, but he's 35.

We realistically won't have a title window for a few years, long after Pau is gone and while Lebron and the Cavs are in our way.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You do understand that Pau hold high trade value at this point in time right?

Sure, Noah might seem the most logical player to trade after last season, but he may not bring back the value we need after a poor season.

Which is why we have to look at Pau. Not only is his value high, but he's 35.

We realistically won't have a title window for a few years, long after Pau is gone and while Lebron and the Cavs are in our way.
    youre worried about trade value? so any player with high trade value should be traded? do you know what that means? that means any player performing better than their salary should be traded, and players underperforming should be kept.