Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: James Harden is the f'ing truth

Regular season warrior.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    He shot like shit tonight but played a really good all-around game. 15/12/7/3/2

16-4

If he woulda played like this during the Portland series whenever Harden went into a shooting slump, they probably woulda won the series.

He shot like shit tonight but played a really good all-around game. 15/12/7/3/2

16-4
    he always shoots like shit you kiss ass. is he even shooting 40% ?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore bballbball's Avatar

what can you say, he's making all the right plays, doing all the right things. assisting, defending, rebounding, etc. pretty bullshit how Reggie Miller didn't have him in the top of 5 mvp voting. Said Klay Thompson was an honorable mention when he's lucky as **** to play alongside Curry and not get doubled teamed. Harden been playing with a rookie PG and old ass Terry getting doubled teamed and still beasting.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore bballbball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    He was shooting about 42% before this game. Who cares though, he's been taking over in the other areas. I was a doubter last year but I've been watching this year and he's straight been underrated.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bballbball
    what can you say, he's making all the right plays, doing all the right things. assisting, defending, rebounding, etc. pretty bullshit how Reggie Miller didn't have him in the top of 5 mvp voting. Said Klay Thompson was an honorable mention when he's lucky as **** to play alongside Curry and not get doubled teamed. Harden been playing with a rookie PG and old ass Terry getting doubled teamed and still beasting.

I've always sensed signs of undercover hating from Reggie Miller when concerning other players ever since Ray Allen broke his 3 point record.

Banned

Gimme your top 5
    Klay Thompson
    Monta
    Kobe
    Harden
    Wade/Matthews

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I think you're right around my age (42) and I feel the same way. It's just not what I wanna see. I just want to see good basketball but what's considered good now isn't always what I grew up thinking was good.
    I'm 33 and I couldn't stand modern NBA for a very long time but my perception changed during the last season. I also couldn't bear to watch Harden until very recently now I can't even remember why . I think he's phenomenal.
    I think I took my rose tinted glasses off. All this time it was literally my mind stubbornly refusing to acknowledge how exciting modern NBA can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahiem
    Check his game log you buffoon. He shot 64% in the game before today. 2 games before that he shot 80% while attempting 14 shots. For the season he's shooting 41%. Look up some stuff before you talk out of your ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Klay Thompson
    Monta
    Kobe
    Harden
    Wade/Matthews
    I still have Harden as the best SG in the league. Just look at the numbers he's putting up this season. 25 ppg/7 apg/6 rpg/2 spg/1 bpg on 57% TS. He's also been playing some good defense this season, so don't even bring up the "he can't play defense for crap" argument. Klay is putting up 21/4/3/1/1 on 58% TS. He's also playing good defense, but I wouldn't put him over Harden. Same for Monta and Kobe. Monta is averaging 21/5/3/2 on 54% TS with average defense. Kobe's numbers this season are 25/5/5 on 49% TS. Obviously his defense is not as good as it used to be, but he's still capable of guarding his guys.

I know stats aren't everything but they still show a lot. Harden is averaging better numbers than every single SG this season. Only stat he doesn't lead is PPG. Just 1 pt behind Kobe, which really isn't much of a difference at all. Overall, James Harden has been scoring, he's been doing a great job at facilitating the ball to the right guys, and the best thing of all... he's playing defense. All that is translating to wins. Rockets are 16-4 with Dwight, Jones, Beverley missing multiple games.

Here is my top 5 so far...
    1. Harden
    2. Thompson
    3. Kobe
    4. Ellis
    5. Wade

#3 and #4 can easily be switched because Monta has really been playing great lately while shooting on a very good percentage.

He's what's wrong with basketball. I have complained about certain players being ref dependent in the past but no one in history has ever taken it to the extent he does. The basic James harden play is uncalled carry, uncalled travel, create contact with no attempt whatsoever to actually make a shot, blatantly flop, Get up and go to the ft line. How anyone is a fan of that is beyond me. I get that you root for players on your favorite team even if you hated them before they got there but I still don't think I could root for him if he played for the mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    He's what's wrong with basketball. I have complained about certain players being ref dependent in the past but no one in history has ever taken it to the extent he does. The basic James harden play is uncalled carry, uncalled travel, create contact with no attempt whatsoever to actually make a shot, blatantly flop, Get up and go to the ft line. How anyone is a fan of that is beyond me. I get that you root for players on your favorite team even if you hated them before they got there but I still don't think I could root for him if he played for the mavs.
    spot on.
    the rip-through move and the eurostep-into-defender move should be offensive fouls. Instead these idiots are rewarded time and time again. Gimmick offense. I already see people at the YMCA doing the harden "eurostep into defender" and the calling it, then they wonder why people clothesline them

All you have to do is not reach when he does the eurosteps what is so hard about not reaching if you reach he is going to trick you into hitting his arms and they will call the foul everytime because thats a foul......WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD REFS GIVE SOMEONE FAKE CALLS YALL SOUND STUPID AS FK.If anything they would stop giving him calls because they prolly hate the way he plays too but he really does be getting hit on the fking arms.WHEN YOU SEE HARDEN COME IN THE PAINT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DONT REACH WHEN HE EXTENDS HIS ARMS OUT TO BAIT YOU.

Im not a rockets fan idgaf about the rockets but i am a james harden fan
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 12-07-2014 at 04:37 AM.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's leading his team to a 16-4 record, 2nd best in the league. Only 1.5 games behind Golden State. All while playing with a depleted roster. No Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Papanikolau, Canaan, and Cisco Garcia. Beverley literally played his first game in weeks just a few hours ago.

His stats are boss both offensively and defensively. His team is one of if not the best defensive team in the NBA. So let's see here.

Stats? check
    Wins? check
    Offensive game? check
    defensive game? check
    two way player? check

Harden is a top 5 player in the league and a top 3 MVP candidate. Anyone who disagrees is a straight up clown, PERIOD.