Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Re: Houston is screwed for years.

A team with Harden at the helm is going nowhere, which sucks because I like the Rockets, also Dwight is getting too much hate on this board.

Mc Hale should just be replaced. They really took a hit when they lost Parsons and Asik. Lin is not that big if a loss. But Beverly as the starting PG doesn't really cut it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Mc Hale should just be replaced. They really took a hit when they lost Parsons and Asik. Lin is not that big if a loss. But Beverly as the starting PG doesn't really cut it.
    Morey doesn't care about who he has as coach because hes holding an xbox controller so coaches don't matter

bears can smell it OncePerMonth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    They'll have a similar record as last year, and actually outscored the blazers in the series they lost.

I like our chances. Good luck this season.
    Seriously, what makes you so optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by OncePerMonth
    Seriously, what makes you so optimistic?
    Bev was a first year starter.
    Jones was a first year starter.
    Harden was a second year starter.
    Parsons was a third year starter.
    Dwight was in his first year in Houston.
    They were the fourth youngest team in the NBA.
    They lost Parsons and replaced him with a better shooter and better defender, which is what they really needed.

Its not all doom and gloom like you'd think. The experience they all gained will be invaluable.

They will finish +/- 3 wins of last years win total. And the Blazers series could have easily ended differently if the Rockets had made one or two plays.

In the playoffs, who knows, but as bad as they played, they were one or two possessions from advancing to face a team they had beaten four times in the regular season.

It's not as bad as many make it out to be.

bears can smell it OncePerMonth's Avatar

They lost Parsons and replaced him with a better shooter and better defender, which is what they really needed.

Its not all doom and gloom like you'd think. The experience they all gained will be invaluable.

They will finish +/- 3 wins of last years win total. And the Blazers series could have easily ended differently if the Rockets had made one or two plays.

In the playoffs, who knows, but as bad as they played, they were one or two possessions from advancing to face a team they had beaten four times in the regular season.

Yeah, not doom and gloom as I was thinking, but I still think they are worse. They lost Asik, who was key against the Blazers, they also lost Lin, and the series was close, but the calls really favored the Rockets. Rockets were also one or two plays away from being swept by a team with terrible defense. We also can't discount that they still have McHale.

I usually hit open layups

If one play goes differently, they get swept out of the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

So now a team with two top 15 players...a perfect fit at point and small forward next to Harden....is screwed?

Jesus....the "stars" of this era need so damn much it's laughable.

So much denial.

Very good NBA starter

They were a first round exit team the last two seasons, not a dynasty breaking up. Harden and Howard are wack and made for each other. Watch them isolate all their teammates and eventually each other and the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by OncePerMonth
    Yeah, not doom and gloom as I was thinking, but I still think they are worse. They lost Asik, who was key against the Blazers, they also lost Lin, and the series was close, but the calls really favored the Rockets. Rockets were also one or two plays away from being swept by a team with terrible defense. We also can't discount that they still have McHale.
    Right. The series was that close.

Given that there was 7 years of starting experience outside of Dwight who was in his first season in Houston, they're gonna be just as good even if they all improve only slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Rockets were also idiots for letting Greg Smith go. That guy protected that rim off the bench for the Rockets, and could finish in transition easily over bigger players, was a decent shot blocker, and was also one of the Rocket's best post defenders, and rebounders off the bench.

you guys lost Smith? Kid had potential. A bit undeveloped but I saw him crush the PnR, thought he'd make a great backup big.

Lol you were SO wrong

Back to Business

the only bad thing i see about the rockets is that they play in the west. their first round matchup will be the equivalent of a conference finals if not nba finals.

i still think rockets might be one or two pieces away from really being true contenders tho.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

How did the rockets lose both Lowry and Dragic...I still don't get it....