Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Over The Last 10 Years, Nobody Comes Close To Wade At Spectacular Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Depends on what you consider exciting. Personally, I'd rank LBJ #1, Kobe #2, and Wade #3. Yeah, he's had lots of highlights blocks, fancy layups, and dunks. Still, he doesn't have the athleticism and strength of LeBron and definitely doesn't have the shooting ability of Kobe. Watching Kobe make entire teams quit is a beauty....even if it was against my team.

Dunno.....amazing shooting/high flying dunks>>>>>Wades blocks, euro steps, and fancy layups
    i don't know Wade and Lebon are pretty close athletically Lebrons stronger and jumps higher Wades quicker and has better body control there both really fast and explosive. It depends what you like but i would take Wades dunks over Kobes i just like the powerful explosive dunkers over the high flyers

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Default Re: Over The Last 10 Years, Nobody Comes Close To Wade At Spectacular Highlights

Vince Carter, guy aint dead yet.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    Vince Carter, guy aint dead yet.
    Off dunks and layups alone, he is up there, probally #3, but he is far far behind in everything else he did not dunk enough to compete with Wade's whole package, he is mos def up there in the top 5 (STAT probally fills out the list), but not fukkin with the top 3.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    i don't know Wade and Lebon are pretty close athletically Lebrons stronger and jumps higher Wades quicker and has better body control there both really fast and explosive. It depends what you like but i would take Wades dunks over Kobes i just like the powerful explosive dunkers over the high flyers
    kobe's athleticism is kinda overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    I hear you. I like Kobe over Wade simply because he has way more of an offensive game than Wade does. His highlights come off of jab steps, spins, fakes...it's just great to watch. When someones game is that fundamentally sound, it can make really athletic plays look boring. It's like...you're 6'4 with long ass arms and you're pretty athletic. Nothing Wade has done has really surprised me. Still a very exciting player for sure..

LeBron? Bruh he used to attack the rim like Amare but has out of this world athleticism. His actual game is pretty raw but he makes up for it when it gets a little space and does his thing. Watching him on a fastbreak is crazy.

I don't know about that. Kobe's got too many crazy dunks, big games and game winners from 2001 to present to have Wade over him IMO.

Cali Love

The last 10 years?

1.VC
    2.Kobe
    3.Bron
    4.Wade/Mac

Dunks = Carter
    Crossovers & Ball handling = Iverson
    Lay ups/Circus Shots = Wade
    Tough Shots = Kobe

As overall, Wade has edge,imo. I rather watch prime Vince or AI over Wade though.

Banned

wade has best circus/wow shots
    also has nice in traffic dunks

some of my favorite wade plays
    -wade blocks amare then hits a 3/4 full court shot
    -wade game winning steal and running 3 pointer vs chicago bulls
    -wade on varejao

No, #1 in highlights is Kobe. Wade has been #1 in highlights for the 2nd half of the decade until now though.

College superstar

VC and Kobe have had jaw dropping plays. Blake Griffin is going to be the most entertaining dunker from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Dunks = Carter
    Crossovers & Ball handling = Iverson
    Lay ups/Circus Shots = Wade
    Tough Shots = Kobe

As overall, Wade has edge,imo. I rather watch prime Vince or AI over Wade though.
    It always makes me cringe when I see somebody say AI had better crossovers, this is just not true. AI was the originator, Wade took it to another level. AI had better size up dribbles (in place dribbles) (and Wade rarely ever sizes up anyways), and that can fool a lot of people, AI just had beautiful handles and was fast and quick as hell, but he did not break ankles at the rate that Wade does currently. Watch full games, watch highlight reels, Wades crosses all happen on the move and he sends ****** flying constantly. AI did not have as many different crossover moves either, he really only had 2 different ones, the rest was just beautiful handling. I think a lot of people often confuse the difference between actual crossovers and natural handles.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    No, #1 in highlights is Kobe. Wade has been #1 in highlights for the 2nd half of the decade until now though.
    From 03 to 07 Wade led all athletes in all sports in top 10's, I know this for a fact cause ESPN had an online article about it in 07. Wade had 142 top 10's, Bron was 2nd with 107, Amare was 3rd with 86, Kobe was not even on the list. Jumpers dont make highlight reels unless they are tough as hell or buzzer beaters, so im getting hot and making a lot of shots is irrelevent in this conversation, Kobe does not stand a chance against even Vince Carter highlight wise, just cause yall enjoy seeing dude get hot does not make his jumpers highlight plays, cause they are not, end of story.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    From 03 to 07 Wade led all athletes in all sports in top 10's, I know this for a fact cause ESPN had an online article about it in 07. Wade had 142 top 10's, Bron was 2nd with 107, Amare was 3rd with 86, Kobe was not even on the list. Jumpers dont make highlight reels unless they are tough as hell or buzzer beaters, so im getting hot and making a lot of shots is irrelevent in this conversation, Kobe does not stand a chance against even Vince Carter highlight wise, just cause yall enjoy seeing dude get hot does not make his jumpers highlight plays, cause they are not, end of story.
    What jumpers?
    baseline windmills, 360s, reverses, gamewinner and a bunch of posters against LEGIT centers (instead of Varejao, Perkins, etc )

Wade probably has more highlight reels but not to the extent of 'amazingness' of VC and Kobe.

@ this guy.Have you ever watched the guy before '09

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07L1A_ibwQ <------------- Over the next 10 years it will be this guy Or Eric Gordon.