Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: How come no one wants to talk about all of Jordan first round exits

LOL at you talking about him not facing a top 10 player in his prime.

Newsflash: Basketball is 5-on-5. A team can be great without a top 10 player.

The OP's post sounds like he's talking about boxing.

And by the way...the 90's were legendary for its dynamic duos....Stockton & Malone, Shaq & Penny, Kemp & Payton, Zo & Tim Hardaway ...and MJ beat all of these teams.

So I could probably do the same thing and talk about how Duncan and Lebron never faced any dynamic duos.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Yes but the point is no one claims LeBron is without any fault. I think people rightfully criticise him for 2011. That's why no one is opening a thread about why LeBron gets a pass for 2011 - because he quite clearly doesn't. He is hammered on any point that the stans of other fans can muster up.

That's not the case with Jordan and where this thread is relevant. So people bringing up 6/6 to try to paint Jordan as some amazing play off performer can't hide behind his team not being good enough. They may have not been good enough to win the title, but they should have done better than they did. And it is far better to go further, even losing in the finals, than not getting there and only winning when you do.

It's the same shit Montana fans bring up against Brady and the same thing Jordan fans bring up against LeBron.

The logical thing - or the obvious thing - to do would be to acknowledge LeBron as a great player on par with the GOAT candidates and still stick to Jordan or whoever as your choice... Than to bring up shitty and mythical arguments that go against plain logic just so you can deify Jordan. I'm not saying you're doing this, quite clearly you're logical, but that it happens a lot. And not just in troll forums like this one.
    Fair enough, and I do. I have no issues acknowledging, just taking accolades out of the question as that is contextual, that Lebron is one of the 5 best/ most impactful players I've ever *seen*, I say it like that because I didn't see guys like Wilt or Russell, West, etc. With that said, there are lots of people here who bring up that Jordan is 1-9 before Pippen/Grant etc. Usually those arguments come about from hardcore Kobe/Lebron fans arguing against Jordan.

The reality is, as I said, there's no GOAT level player that you can point to without some flaw if one is prepared to be objective about it. My position is that the guys that typically show up in the top ten GOAT lists, there really isn't a lot of separation between them as far as 'greatness' goes. Which is why I don't nitpick over $hit when it comes to rankings, everyone has their own criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    It hurts when your boy is being toyed left and right, just sayin
    Not really, I'm not so invested in who the greatest player ever is that I refuse to accept that anyone can be better than MJ or whoever else. It really makes no difference to me.