Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Durant Consider Atlanta?

If the time comes and KD decides it's time to leave OKC, should he consider the Hawks as a destination? I honestly don't think you could find a better fit for him when you consider his superstar status and style of play. Unless Bron forms another super team then Atlanta with KD would be the instant favorites in the east and likely the whole league.

I remember specifically this off season when shooting the idea around that LeBron or Melo should consider Atlanta and people saying "wait until they make a playoff run so free agents will see them as a legit landing spot" which they did this season.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Should Durant Consider Atlanta?

KD ain't leaving OKC.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

But Atlanta will re-sign Millsap and Carroll to huge contracts in July, making this almost impossible to happen next summer.

Dude is staying in OKC. You nerds just have to deal with it.

Atlanta is the perfect team for any elite player looking to contend instantly.

Durant in Atlanta=collusion
    Durant in Chicago=collusion
    Durant in Washington=collusion
    Durant in Miami=collusion

Durant on any team that made the playoffs= collusion

The same applies to Melo.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

KD would fit so perfectly in DC with Wall and Beal that it isn't even funny...

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    If the time comes and KD decides it's time to leave OKC, should he consider the Hawks as a destination? I honestly don't think you could find a better fit for him when you consider his superstar status and style of play. Unless Bron forms another super team then Atlanta with KD would be the instant favorites in the east and likely the whole league.

I remember specifically this off season when shooting the idea around that LeBron or Melo should consider Atlanta and people saying "wait until they make a playoff run so free agents will see them as a legit landing spot" which they did this season.
    Quite honestly, if he were to ring chase the Warriors would be the perfect team for him.

Warriors only have $51 million on the books for 2016/17, without signing Draymond Green. After signing him to the max, he would make roughly $15m/yr which puts the Warriors at $66m.

People are projecting a realistic salary cap increase to $90m in 2016-17.

This leaves $24m on the table for Durant, which would be less than the max.

If getting Durant is realistic, the Warriors could move Andre Iguodala who would be an expiring contract to make room for Durant's max contract, as well as open up cap space for role players.

The only problem is, the only players that would be on contract for the Warriors if this were to happen:

Curry
    Klay
    Durant
    Green
    Bogut

Which means their bench would be very lean, consisting most likely of drafted rookies and small contract players. But looking at that lineup, how good of a bench do you really need if you can have Curry, Klay, or Durant running with them at all times?

2017-18, the projected Salary Cap would go up to $108 which would leave a lot of room for giving Curry the max. Bogut almost certainly won't command the $11m he's getting currently and might resign for less, keeping the Warriors' core intact.

So no, I don't think ATL is the best landing spot if Durant really did want to ring chase.

Just imagining the synergy between Curry, Klay, and Durant is making me excited. None of them are especially selfish, all can shoot and get hot and when they do, they take over the game. It would be incredibly hard to stop a team like this. They're also all around the same age which means they would be contending for a while.

It's difficult to say at this point because we don't know what teams are going to look like next year at this time.

Say for instance Aldridge signs with the Spurs. A duo of Kawhi and LMA with Pop on the sidelines seems like a pretty enticing landing spot as well.

Atlanta with the likes of a KD would be scary good though.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I'd like to see him in Utah, if he leaves OKC. Durant to the Jazz. GOATbrook to the Lakers. OKC rebuilds around the stacked core of Ibaka, Waiters, and McGary.

That would be awesome!
    Do it

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

That Atlanta style diabetes/high blood pressure diet will get some fat on his bones. If he could gain some weight and get to about 280 pounds he could be unguardable from anywhere on the court.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    KD would fit so perfectly in DC with Wall and Beal that it isn't even funny...

this...

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Quite honestly, if he were to ring chase the Warriors would be the perfect team for him.

Warriors only have $51 million on the books for 2016/17, without signing Draymond Green. After signing him to the max, he would make roughly $15m/yr which puts the Warriors at $66m.

People are projecting a realistic salary cap increase to $90m in 2016-17.

This leaves $24m on the table for Durant, which would be less than the max.

If getting Durant is realistic, the Warriors could move Andre Iguodala who would be an expiring contract to make room for Durant's max contract, as well as open up cap space for role players.

The only problem is, the only players that would be on contract for the Warriors if this were to happen:

Curry
    Klay
    Durant
    Green
    Bogut

Which means their bench would be very lean, consisting most likely of drafted rookies and small contract players. But looking at that lineup, how good of a bench do you really need if you can have Curry, Klay, or Durant running with them at all times?

2017-18, the projected Salary Cap would go up to $108 which would leave a lot of room for giving Curry the max. Bogut almost certainly won't command the $11m he's getting currently and might resign for less, keeping the Warriors' core intact.

So no, I don't think ATL is the best landing spot if Durant really did want to ring chase.

Just imagining the synergy between Curry, Klay, and Durant is making me excited. None of them are especially selfish, all can shoot and get hot and when they do, they take over the game. It would be incredibly hard to stop a team like this. They're also all around the same age which means they would be contending for a while.
    I get the feeling that the Warriors would be very appealing to KD. That would be a fun team to watch. I don't think the Thunder have much shelf life yet.

Addendum: I don't think players give 2 shits about "colluding". That's an issue for this forum only.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    KD ain't leaving OKC.
    He can easily choose the easy way out and join the Wizards. He'd be in the Finals every year, just like Lebron. Oh, and he can say he's coming home too since he's from there.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    He can easily choose the easy way out and join the Wizards. He'd be in the Finals every year, just like Lebron. Oh, and he can say he's coming home too since he's from there.
    its also the smart way out

although I feel KD may have a problem with staying healthy. Isn't it the same foot that he keeps on reinjuring?