Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: Would Wilt Chamberlain make an All-Star team if he played in the '90s?

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    PROVE IT.

I can show a 34-35-36 year old Wilt outplaying a PRIME Kareem. And a 33 year old Wilt just abusing Kareem. And, I can show a 38-39 year old Kareem, who could barely get off the floor (barely getting 6 rpg) just ANNIHILATING Hakeem and Ewing, and in Hakeem's case, in 10 straight games (32 ppg on .630 shooting.)
    great reasoning right there, ever consider being a lawyer?
    you convinced me. If I remember right, in math they call that the Transitive Property.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Would Wilt Chamberlain make an All-Star team if he played in the '90s?

The "Wilt-bashers" that remain here, are few-and-far between. Only Dunce and Dickwad (and I am convinced that they are one in the same), and perhaps a couple of other uneducated and unintelligent posters, are left. The rest have long since scattered...

CRUSHED by the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, including VIDEO FOOTAGE, NEWSPAPER and MAGAZINE articles AT THE TIME, QUOTES from PEERS, and the staggering wealth of STATISTICAL DATA ...that EXISTS TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

How how could this scrawny little twerp possibly bench the 465lbs that an eyewitness claims he saw Wilt doing.

I mean, it's not like he weighs over 300lbs in solid muscle or anything...
    I googled 450 pound bench pressers...heres some

Arnold - claimed a 500 lb bench

405 lbs

435 lbs
    http://www.musclelegion.com/bodybuil...rkout-routine/

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    the guy thinks wilt could bench 500

b/c he probably could.

the dude was insanely strong.

and stop posting pics of dudes with big muscles and their bench numbers.

the size of your muscles are not always indicative of your strength.
    Last edited by kentatm; 03-18-2012 at 03:04 AM.

The "Wilt-bashers" that remain here, are few-and-far between. Only Dunce and Dickwad (and I am convinced that they are one in the same), and perhaps a couple of other uneducated and unintelligent posters, are left. The rest have long since scattered...

CRUSHED by the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, including VIDEO FOOTAGE, NEWSPAPER and MAGAZINE articles AT THE TIME, QUOTES from PEERS, and the staggering wealth of STATISTICAL DATA ...that EXISTS TODAY.

3-time NBA All-Star

I googled 450 pound bench pressers...heres some

Arnold - claimed a 500 lb bench

405 lbs

435 lbs
    http://www.musclelegion.com/bodybuil...rkout-routine/
    Now, GOOGLE WILT's BENCH PRESS...

Hit-after-hit of 500+.

Here again, find me ONE LEGITIMATE SOURCE, that either worked out with Wilt, or was an EYE-WITNESS, that DISPUTED those claims.

Now, GOOGLE WILT's BENCH PRESS...

Hit-after-hit of 500+.

Here again, find me ONE LEGITIMATE SOURCE, that either worked out with Wilt, or was an EYE-WITNESS, that DISPUTED those claims.
    Take your Alzheimer's pills

3-time NBA All-Star

Once again, instead of supplying ANY RESEARCH, this is ALL you can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Not having seen Chamberlain play, and just using logic, I would imagine he could since he scored 100 points in 62', and I imagine some all stars from the 90s would be capable of scoring that much if they went back in time. The vibe that I get is that the league improved tremendously year after year, and perhaps that's why he wasn't scoring 50ppg by the late 50s, and he played well against Jabbar, who as an old center played well against centers who played in the 90s. Another thing that I consider is that Wilt seemed like a motivated athlete, willing to go the extra mile in proving himself, working out, etc.
    The vibe you get is wrong - and this is a troll thread btw - of course Wilt would make an all-star game any year the NBA existed if he was in his prime.

His stats changed due to the roles he was asked to fulfill on teams. He would have averaged an absolute bare minimum of 35ppg for his career had he not been asked to change his game to focus on different things by his coaches. I feel he changed his game for the better, but a modern superstar would not likely do what he did today. Try telling Carmello to stop scoring and focus on assists instead. Try telling him after that to just play defense and let everyone else do the scoring. Think he'd do it?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Over Hakeem, Robinson and Ewing? No way.
    Lol. Ewing? Are you fcking kidding? I could understand if you said Shaq, but Ewing? Ahahahahahahaha.

3-time NBA All-Star

Take your Alzheimer's pills
    I have forgotten far more than you will EVER know...

Suh. 470 lb bench

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    b/c he probably could.

the dude was insanely strong.

and stop posting pics of dudes with big muscles and their bench numbers.

the size of your muscles are not always indicative of your strength.
    Your right, and none of those guys are over 300lbs either. Some 5'8 to 6'0 pipsqueaks might look jacked as **** but their chest measurements are still going to be smaller than Wilt's. Wilt has a massive frame. He's heavier than any NBA player in history not named Shaq - and Shaq was fat.

Suh. 470 lb bench
    How much does he weigh? Over 300lbs?

all-star team? of course

benching 500? it seems very, very unlikely. 350lbs nfl players have trouble with that kind of weight, and they don't have the disadvantage of ridiculously long arms