Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I define what makes a player nasty

Not best obviously. And perhaps not the most exciting either. It’s hard to define nasty in the way I mean but some guys just have it. Wade had it. Baron Davis had it. It’s not necessarily even tied to athletic ability. Lou Williams has it in a way. I watch Lou with my equally decrepit friends who hate the league now and they agree....Lou Williams is nice.

Nice isn’t exactly synonymous with nasty but it lives on the same block.

And it’s not always even the most spectacular or ridiculous either. Plenty of guys make absurd plays I wouldn’t call the nastiest. For example......

^
    Nasty.

^
    Ridiculous.

Not worse....but a different category of great.

^
    Nasty

^
    Same

It’s not necessary more impressive than shocking athleticism and plenty of nasty players have both....but it’s a different way of moving. Like....that guy/team just got taken apart in surprising fashion.

Donovan takes defenses apart in shocking ways and if he were on a team with a national fan base more people would care.

I’m sure someone has some advanced stat reason he isn’t even good but....I’m not especially interested in that.

I’m content to watch how he operates regardless. I’m pro Donovan in general. I will take all the hop steps, euros, hesitations, and “How doesn’t that get blocked?” GP/Steve Nash hybrid scoop layups you have now and I’ll buy the next order you get in.

He’s potentially going to the HOF if his prime lasts 5-8 years or a “Best non all stars” list as a worst case. And being on a list with Rod Strickland is only an insult to these “How many he win doe?” idiots modern sports has cultivated.

Once he inevitably gets ends up on some team with fans to rep him in other cities he’s gonna be quite popular. A run on the Celtics or 76ers is what he needs.

Default Re: I

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    It is nasty, but looks like a travel.

So is nasty another term for 3Ball's navigational efficiency?

Someone yelled

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]At this point I

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Too bad he barely gets to the rim. Only 18% of his shots come from 0-3 this season. This is why those comparisons to Wade have always been silly. Until 2015 Wade never took less than 33% of his shots at the rim.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    It is nasty, but looks like a travel.

So is nasty another term for 3Ball's navigational efficiency?
    Dominique lived off the hop.

Mitchell has let having his own shoe go to his head. Despite finally having shooters around him he's playing even more selfishly. When he starts to make those around him better tell me how nasty he is

Yeah if you consider travels to be nasty sure. Sure OP. SMFH.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Too bad he barely gets to the rim. Only 18% of his shots come from 0-3 this season. This is why those comparisons to Wade have always been silly. Until 2015 Wade never took less than 33% of his shots at the rim.
    It's a big part of their problem. They are shooting good from 3 and the rim but are taking too many mid range shots especially the floater. Him running with the 2nd unit isn't helping the bench either

And if Wade started his career in 2017 his career numbers would look different.

Just like if you drop Hakeem from 1984 into the league now he wouldn

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And if Wade started his career in 2017 his career numbers would look different.

Just like if you drop Hakeem from 1984 into the league now he wouldn’t play back to the basket so much but that wouldnt mean you couldn’t compare him to the Hakeem we know.

The league you’re in shapes you. Nobody thinks these young guys now are gonna play the ball guys did decades ago when these comparisons get made.
    Wade would still take a lot of of his shots at the rim. Mitchell just plain isn't close to as good as he is at attacking the rim, period. Even someone like Damian Lillard takes 28% of his shots at the rim and he's no Dwyane Wade. Mitchell's is only going down by each subsequent season: 26% rookie season, then 21.6%, now 17.9%. He's just not that good at getting to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Yeah if you consider travels to be nasty sure. Sure OP. SMFH.
    So is this where we talk about Wades push off ankle breakers, Webber’s arm hook spin move, Ewing’s 3 step charge across the lane, Shaq’s “Touch em up” elbow on the black tornado spin, Jordans travel out of the triple threat, AIs crossover, Karl Malone’s “accidental” knee lifts on turnarounds, Durant and Giannis carrying on every change of direction, Lebron stiff arm, Reggies leg kick, Dolph Schayes actually Playing with an arm cast he hit people with, John Stocktons dirty moving screens to the balls, Hakeems dragging pivot on half the dream shakes, and Hardens entire game?

Is that something you might be interested in?

Not to mention that argument of when he started his career doesn't really hold up when guys like Vince, Kobe, and Tmac weren't taking close to as many shots at the rim as Wade was and they are part of his generation. Wade is probably the greatest slasher of all time and Mitchell just isn't close to his level in that regard for there to have ever been any comparisons.

Wade would still take a lot of of his shots at the rim. Mitchell just plain isn't close to as good as he is at attacking the rim, period. Even someone like Damian Lillard takes 28% of his shots at the rim and he's no Dwyane Wade. Mitchell's is only going down by each subsequent season: 26% rookie season, then 21.6%, now 17.9%. He's just not that good at getting to the rim.
    Do you think when people compared rip Hamilton to Reggie Miller they didn

Not to mention that argument of when he started his career doesn't really hold up when guys like Vince, Kobe, and Tmac weren't taking close to as many shots at the rim as Wade was and they are part of his generation. Wade is probably the greatest slasher of all time and Mitchell just isn't close to his level in that regard for there to have ever been any comparisons.

Everyone is going to get compared someone from before of them. Let

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Do you think when people compared rip Hamilton to Reggie Miller they didn