Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default How many people on ISH are going bald?

Just curious, I've been thinking about hair loss recently. I'm about to turn 29 and my hair is still nice and thick, but my dad started to lose his hair in his late 20's, he is in his mid 50's now and he is basically bald now. My younger brother started to lose his hair in the last year or two, he is 27 now and it's pretty noticeable at this point. I'm kinda worried I will lose it, especially since my top hair is always around 4-5 inches long and rock a slick back hair when I style.

Only thing that gives me hope is that my grandpa from my mom side never lost his hair, when he passed away he still had his hair, so that is something to keep in consideration.

How many of you guys are going bald?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: How many people on ISH are going bald?

If there's anything men should be "man power" about like women do, is getting behind dudes that go bald. Shave the shit off the sides and embrace the baldness. Shouldn't be giving dudes shit about going bald other than encouraging them to shave it off.

That shit sucks. My brother was bald at 25-26 but I'm still going. Hairline receded a little bit but it's been the same hairline since about 26 and I'm 30. Still get carded for booze even in an 18+ drinking country.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Not yet my brother.

It's one of the perks of being a man. We can go balding and still looks ok.

Look at this:

About as bad as can be. Don't look that good but still ok. Nobody cares. Women can't pull this off. They need wigs and sh!t.

I'm going bald. It does indeed suck. I shave it completely every couple of weeks. I'm not bald enough to the point that it looks bad when it grows out for a few weeks especially when I'm 6'8" and nobody looks at the top of my head, but I mean... anything much longer than that you can tell especially if I'm sitting down.

I need to look into finding Elon Musk's hair guy, lol. I read on some website it's likely he paid $20,000 but then I look at guys like LeBron who you just know have spared no expense without any success. While I may be doing very comfortable financially, I'm not in a position where I'm comfortable enough to be dropping 20 grand only for it to be a fail like those guys are.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I am bald. I'm 42. I started losing my hair in college, probably 20 or so. My hair was super long, shaved on the sides but down to my shoulders. I remember reading with my girlfriend one day and she was pointing out how when my hair fell, the very front was like a rhino horn, and you could see the B line receding shape. I hung on for a few years but eventually started shaving it. I shave it a couple times a week now. I actually just got a new clipper that is fantastic for it. For what it's worth, I actually look a bit like Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    It's one of the perks of being a man. We can go balding and still looks ok.

Look at this:

About as bad as can be. Don't look that good but still ok. Nobody cares. Women can't pull this off. They need wigs and sh!t.
    ^ having a strong chin helps ..

guys with 'strong' faces are in ok shape going bald .. it's the soft looking, no chin, pencil neck dudes who are fkd

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    ^ having a strong chin helps ..

guys with 'strong' faces are in ok shape going bald .. it's the soft looking, no chin, pencil neck dudes who are fkd
    Even then they can just grew a beard and look ok.

There are handsome guys who becomes mediocre when bald though...like prince william

Depends on the shape of your head. Some guys can pull it off. Others look like dorks.

I still have all my hair but I'm only 22. My hair is naturally thin though which sucks. But at least I probably won't lose it til I'm old, my dad is in his 60's and he only just started balding within the last 4-5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    my dad is in his 60's and he only just started balding within the last 4-5 years

the lucky ones

that's about when every man should start balding if it's going to happen at all

27 here. My hair has been thin as long as I've known since I was 13. My barber has been cutting my hair since I was 17 and said it's been the same way since he started cutting me and it's just thin hair not balding. The back top of my head looks thin and probably in different lighting exposures might give the impression I'm balding but it's been like this forever. I just cut my hair short so the thin hair isn't as noticeable.

My father has his hair at 53 and hasn't been receding either. However, he does seem like his hair is thinning by the crown as well but not noticeable.

My mother's father which they say balding comes from in genetics (your maternal grandfather) has thin hair as well but isn't bald at all. He has very curly hair (Jerry curls) so, I'm not sure what to believe.

All I know is, I have a thin frame, a nice jaw, no facial hair and a butt chin. If I was ever bald km not sure how I'd look. Not to mention I have a weird head in the back.

I'd embrace it. I lived my life and I'm truly happy with the experiences I've had sexually with different partners. I'm married and by next year I'm planning on having my first kid.

Being bald isn't the end of the world but embracing it is a whole new chapter in a man's life.

I have great hair, probably top 3-5 here, very Pacino-esque but I’m seeing lots of grey hairs and I’m still pretty young. Oh well, can’t win em all I guess

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    the lucky ones

that's about when every man should start balding if it's going to happen at all
    Yeah, at that age no one gives af about looks anymore so it doesn't matter

I currently retain all of my hairs, in fact I just ran a fine toothed comb over my scalp. I also counted them.